Chevrolet has revealed a smartphone application (app) for its Volt electric car.
The app works on Apple iPhones, Blackberry Storm and Droid by Motorola. Functions include:
• Display of car's battery charge status;
• Scheduling of charge timing;
• Read out of battery charge level; electric and total ranges;
• Manual set-up of grid-friendly charge mode for off-peak times when electricity rates are lowest;
• Text or e-mail notifications for charge reminders, interruptions and full charge;
• Display of miles per gallon, electric only miles, and odometer readings;
• Record of EV miles, miles driven for previous trip and lifetime;
• Remote start to pre-heat the interior temperature.
Owners can also lock, unlock, turn on the lights and use the horn via the phone.
Chevrolet says the app will be available to Volt owners from launch.
In the UK, the Volt will be sold alongside its sister model the Vauxhall Ampera, from 2012.
Our reviews are based on hard data and thorough testing in the real world.
Up to the minute news from around the globe