New cars for 2012 - Part 3 - SUVs coming in 2013
What is it? A sleek, small SUV to plug a big gap in Mercedes’ range
Price from £28,000 (est)
Mercedes has confirmed that a new family of cars will be built form the same platform that underpins the new B-Class.
As well as new hatchback and saloon models, Mercedes will enter the compact SUV market for the first time in 2013 with a compact SUV, likely to be called BLK.
The new model will be a rival for the Audi Q3 and Range Rover Evoque and will be available with a range of turbocharged four-cylinder engines.
What is it? Entry-level Porsche SUV that should fly out of showrooms
Price from £35,000 (est)
Porsche has confirmed that the Cayenne SUV will get a baby brother – the Cajun – in 2013. The new model will be based on the Audi Q5.
What is it? A radical re-think for Land Rover’s flagship model
Price from £70,000 (est)
The next Range Rover promises to be a radical step forward. It’ll have sleeker, Evoque-like styling and reduced weight.
What is it? Long-overdue replacement for what was a trendsetting SUV
Price from £20,000 (est)
Toyota won’t replace its aged RAV4 until 2013. The new model should be a big improvement over the current car, which has been around since 2005.
- Executive and luxury: BMW - Chrysler
- Executive and luxury: Lexus - Mercedes
- SUVs: Citroen - Dacia
- SUVs: Ford - Hyundai
- SUVs: Mazda - Mercedes
- SUVs: Mercedes - Vauxhall
- SUVs coming in 2013
- Coupes & convertibles: Ferrari - Jaguar
- Coupes & convertibles: Mercedes - Mini
- Coupes & convertibles: Porsche
- Coupes & convertibles: Subaru - Vauxhall
- Coupes & convertibles coming in 2013
- Performance cars: Audi - Ford
- Performance cars: McLaren - Vauxhall