British Motor Show - Suzuki's Kizashi crash goal
Historically, Suzuki has produced some of the oddest concepts you can imagine, but it has reserved the most sensible design studies, and those closest to production, for London.
The Kizashi concept is a family-sized car and means that Suzuki will take on the likes of the Ford Mondeo for the first time when it goes on sale in 2010. It's a tough market to crack, so Suzuki really has its work cut out with the car.
Safety could play a major role, with Suzuki aiming to get the maximum star ratings for occupant protection, child protection and pedestrian protection, something no car has yet achieved.
Two of the three Kizashi concept cars exhibited worldwide so far have also featured a 296bhp 3.6-litre V6 petrol engine, so a sporty model is also likely.
The A-Star supermini concept car will probably go on sale in the UK next spring from around £6000 to £6500.
It will probably resurrect the Alto name for the new supermini, which hasn't been used since the previous car of the same name was ditched a couple of years ago.
Also on show are the Splash city car, Swift supermini and three 4x4s - the SX4, Jimny and Grand Vitara.
- AC Schnitzer
- Alfa Romeo MiTo
- Bentley: 600bhp and 200mph
- Cadillac's CTS Concept Coupe
- Chevrolet: drumming a Beat to the Camaro
- Citroen's oddball C-Cactus
- Electric pavilion - cars you can charge
- Electric taxi
- Ford's smart new Fiesta makes debut
- Ford - sexy new Focus RS and more
- Greener Driving Pavilion
- Honda's eco push and action arena
- Hummer's 'small' car
- Hyundai: Coupes and ice-creams
- IFR Aspid - rally-bred two-seater
- Isuzu's new pick-ups
- Jaguar - 60 years of the XK
- Kamala K360R- road or track?
- Kia's Soul bared to all
- Land Rover: special Range Rover and LRX
- Lexus LF-A supercar
- Lightning Car Company
- Mastretta MXT
- Lotus Evora
- Mazda: plenty of Zoom Zoom
- Mercedes' green drive and SLR
- Mini thinks big
- Morgan: a Car for Life
- NICE: five seats, zero emissions, £14k
- Nissan Qashqai +2
- Nissan: new GT-R, Denki Cube and more
- PGO Automobiles
- Peugeot's 308 RC Z - an Audi TT rival
- Renault's hot Megane and other concepts
- Saab's X concepts
- Seat SportCoupe
- Spyker C8 Aileron
- SsangYong's art attack
- Subaru: ultra-fast Imprezas
- Suzuki's Kizashi crash goal
- Tesla: making electric cars sexy
- Think electric...
- Toyota - cute and crazy
- Ultimate Collection - supercar display
- Vauxhall Insignia