British Motor Show - Think electric...
Not Think, which is displaying its city car, the world's only crash-tested and highway-certified electric car, for the first time in London.
The City two-seater city car has a top speed of 65mph and accelerates from 0-30mph in 6.5 sec, and to 50mph in 16 sec. It can travel for 126 miles in city driving on a fully charged battery.
To charge the batteries from 20 to 80 per cent takes four hours. Used over 10,000 miles, the total cost of electricity used to power the car is estimated at £100 at today's prices.
The car is equipped with anti-lock brakes, airbags and three-point seatbelts with pre-tensioners, and it meets all the basic European and US safety requirements for road cars.
Other equipment includes air-conditioning, a heated windscreen, full-length sunroof, CD player with MP3 connectivity, USB and Bluetooth connections, sat-nav, alloy wheels and a roof rack.
The first batch of right-hand-drive cars will be delivered to UK customers next summer. Prices have yet to be released.
- AC Schnitzer
- Alfa Romeo MiTo
- Bentley: 600bhp and 200mph
- Cadillac's CTS Concept Coupe
- Chevrolet: drumming a Beat to the Camaro
- Citroen's oddball C-Cactus
- Electric pavilion - cars you can charge
- Electric taxi
- Ford's smart new Fiesta makes debut
- Ford - sexy new Focus RS and more
- Greener Driving Pavilion
- Honda's eco push and action arena
- Hummer's 'small' car
- Hyundai: Coupes and ice-creams
- IFR Aspid - rally-bred two-seater
- Isuzu's new pick-ups
- Jaguar - 60 years of the XK
- Kamala K360R- road or track?
- Kia's Soul bared to all
- Land Rover: special Range Rover and LRX
- Lexus LF-A supercar
- Lightning Car Company
- Mastretta MXT
- Lotus Evora
- Mazda: plenty of Zoom Zoom
- Mercedes' green drive and SLR
- Mini thinks big
- Morgan: a Car for Life
- NICE: five seats, zero emissions, £14k
- Nissan Qashqai +2
- Nissan: new GT-R, Denki Cube and more
- PGO Automobiles
- Peugeot's 308 RC Z - an Audi TT rival
- Renault's hot Megane and other concepts
- Saab's X concepts
- Seat SportCoupe
- Spyker C8 Aileron
- SsangYong's art attack
- Subaru: ultra-fast Imprezas
- Suzuki's Kizashi crash goal
- Tesla: making electric cars sexy
- Think electric...
- Toyota - cute and crazy
- Ultimate Collection - supercar display
- Vauxhall Insignia