What Car? Reliability Survey 2012 - Top 10 most reliable convertibles
The current version of the Mazda MX-5 is not just one of the best handling open-top cars there is, but it's extremely reliable too, topping our list. It has a fail rate of just 4% and when it does go wrong you can expect reasonably low garage bills. Average repairs cost just £168.
The previous-generation of the MX-5 is second on our list. Repair bills are on average higher than the current version as is its fail rate, but it's still good enough to beat convertibles from every other manufacturer.
Peugeot's overall reliability is fairly average, finishing 15th in our list of 36 car makers, but the 206 CC is the third most reliable convertible in our list, with a fail rate of 21% and average repair bills of £190.
Similarly, Vauxhall and Chrysler have pretty poor record in our reliability survey overall, but the Vauxhall Tigra and the Chrysler Crossfire round out the top five in our list.
Top 10 most reliable convertibles (by Reliability Index rating)
1 Mazda MX-5 ('05-) 8
2 Mazda MX-5 ('98-'05) 32
3 Peugeot 206 CC ('00-'07) 39
4 Vauxhall Tigra ('04-'09) 47
5 Chrysler Crossfire ('03-'08) 49
6 Peugeot 207 CC ('07-) 59
7 Citroen C3 Pluriel ('03-) 61
8 Lexus SC430 ('01-) 71
9 VW Eos ('07-) 76
10 Volvo C70 ('06-) 76
Mercedes SL (02-) 555
Featured in this story
- Results by brand: 1st-6th
- Results by brand: 9th to 15th
- Results by brand: 18th to 24th
- Results by brand: 25th to 30th
- Results by brand: 31st to 36th
- Top 10 most reliable city cars
- Top 10 most reliable superminis
- Top 10 most reliable small family cars
- Top 10 most reliable family cars
- Top 10 most reliable executive cars
- Top 10 most reliable MPVs
- Top 10 most reliable coupes
- Top 10 most reliable convertibles
- Top 10 most reliable SUVs