What Car? Reliability Survey 2012 - Top 10 most reliable SUVs
The HR-V has an average fail rate of just 5%, while averge bills are pretty low too, costing just £185.
Second place goes to the Suzuki Jimny, which has a fail rate of 17%. When the Jimny does break down, repair bills are low. In fact, it has the lowest average repair bill of all the SUVs in our list at £138.
Suzuki's reputation for building bullet proof cars is cemented with the current Grand Vitara proving to be the third most reliable car on our SUV list. Average repair bills are higher than they are for the Jimny - at £219 - but the average fail rate is lower at 12%.
The Nissan Qashqai is our fourth most reliable SUV while the previous generation Suzuki Grand Vitara rounds out the top five.
Top 10 most reliable SUVs (by Reliability Index rating)
1 Honda HR-V ('98-'06) 9
2 Suzuki Jimny ('98-) 24
3 Suzuki Grand Vitara ('05-') 27
4 Nissan Qashqai ('07-) 40
5 Suzuki Grand Vitara ('98-05) 41
6 Honda CR-V ('02-06) 42
7 Honda CR-V ('07-) 46
8 Subaru Forester ('02-'09) 66
9 Nissan X-Trail ('07) 67
10 Mitsubishi Shogun Pinin ('99-06) 73
Range Rover (02-) 415
Featured in this story
- Results by brand: 1st-6th
- Results by brand: 9th to 15th
- Results by brand: 18th to 24th
- Results by brand: 25th to 30th
- Results by brand: 31st to 36th
- Top 10 most reliable city cars
- Top 10 most reliable superminis
- Top 10 most reliable small family cars
- Top 10 most reliable family cars
- Top 10 most reliable executive cars
- Top 10 most reliable MPVs
- Top 10 most reliable coupes
- Top 10 most reliable convertibles
- Top 10 most reliable SUVs