Toyota has said it has a 'comprehensive fix' for the 'sticky accelerator' pedal problem that has resulted in eight models being recalled across Europe.
The manufacturer has confirmed that its engineers have developed and tested a solution that will eliminate the risk of the accelerator becoming stuck open in the affected models.
Parts for the 'fix' should start to arrive in Europe next week, and Toyota says plans to contact all owners affected by the recall are being 'put into place'.
The models affected in Europe
The eight models that have been recalled are:
• AYGO (Feb 2005 – Aug 2009)
• iQ (Nov 2008 – Nov 2009)
• Yaris (Nov 2005 – Sep 2009)
• Auris (Oct 2006 – 5 Jan 2010)
• Corolla (Oct 2006 – Dec 2009)
• Verso (Feb 2009 – 5 Jan 2010)
• Avensis (Nov 2008 – Dec 2009)
• RAV4 (Nov 2005 – Nov 2009)
Our reviews are based on hard data and thorough testing in the real world.
Up to the minute news from around the globe