What Car? says
For Desirable; good build quality; stylish
Against Disappointing to drive; expensive to buy
Verdict Easy to live with for a convertible
Go for… 1.8 TSFI Sport
Avoid… 1.9 TDI SE
- 1. The Audi A3 has a traditional cloth roof, which helps to keep the car's weight down
- 2. From launch, the Cabriolet’s engine options included three petrols and two diesels.
- 3. Our pick is the 1.8-litre TFSI – it’s reasonably priced and delivers good performance.
- 4. In 2009, engine stop-start systems became standard across the A3 range, helping to improve fuel economy and cutting CO2 emissions.
- 5. The only major issues with the A3 Cabriolet concern the roof. Motor failures and problems with the wear and tear of the roof fabric are the biggest gripes.