What Car? says
For Stylish, a desirable image, big boot and efficient engines
Against Dull steering; limited rear passenger and luggage space
Verdict A big, classy coupe, that's more cruiser than sports car
Go for… 2.0TDI 2dr
Avoid… 4.2V8 S Line 2dr
- 1. The A5 Coupe feels a little ponderous through bends and has dull steering – although it remains composed at all times. The ride is firm, especially with the optional sports suspension, and the car.
- 2. Even the entry-level model comes well equipped, with 17-inch alloys, climate control, automatic wipers, leather upholstery and a decent stereo system
- 3. Insurance premiums are high, with the range starting at group 28 rising group 38.
- 4. There are also isolated reports of engine warning lights staying on and clutch failures. Some owners have also complained about rattles and squeaks within the cabin.
- 5. Before you buy a Sport or S Line model make sure you take a test drive, and can live with the firm suspension.