What Car? says
For Great to drive; space inside for four
Against Not that exciting to look at; firm ride
Verdict A coupe that’s practical great to drive, but it won't set you pulse racing
Go for… 320d SE
Avoid… 335i M Sport Highline
- 1. It’s stunning to drive, with amazing grip and has great balance while cornering. The ride is on the firm side, however.
- 2. There’s enough legroom for four adults, but the sloping roofline does impinge on rear headroom – those over six-foot will suffer.
- 3. In line with the rest of the 3 Series range, some models reduced their emissions with engine stop-start systems making them slightly cleaner and, in most cases, cheaper to tax.
- 4. Rattles and squeaks are the most common issue, with the dashboard and door pillars a weakness. Dealers are able to fix, but it’s not always straightforward.
- 5. The run-flat tyres not only provide a less than perfect ride, but they're also expensive to replace. Some owners have resorted to fitting smaller wheels and standard tyres.