What Car? says
For Spacious and adaptable: you'll seat five with ease and the boot is massive. The Berlingo is cheap to buy, too
Against Not exactly streamlined, and has a few image problems. Poorly equipped.
Verdict Get past the van-like looks and you'll find a capable people carrier that will keep your motoring costs down.
Go for… 1.6 HDI 92 5dr
Avoid… 2.0 HDI 5dr
- 1. The Berlingo might be based on a van, but it does make a great people carrier as a result.
- 2. All models come with power steering, electric front windows and electric door mirrors, but expect the bare minimum on the base Forte.
- 3. Here's where the Berlingo earns its stripes, as it's frugal and cheap to maintain. Both the 1.6-litre diesels give an official average of 47.9mpg; much better than the petrol models, which manage arou
- 4. The electrics can be a cause for concern; in some cases the engine can suddenly die, with garages left struggling to find the fault.
- 5. Owners have also complained of cabin trim falling off or breaking.
Reader test team says:
Iam not happy with WhatCar as they say Avoid…
Had to update my review of 2008 as I sold the…