What Car? says
For The Citroen C5 Tourer is capable, has lots of luggage and there's space inside for five. It's also reasonable to drive.
Against Some rivals offer more practicality, while long-term reliability is uncertain.
Verdict The C5 Tourer is a surprising blend of sophistication and refinement at a reasonable price
Go for… 2.0 HDi VTR+
Avoid… 2.7 HDi Exclusive
- 1. There's ample leg- and head-room for five, and the cabin is a pleasant environment; only the fussy dashboard may distract you
- 2. The conventional suspension set-up is slightly better than the optional gas-filled system
- 3. Always check that the tyres have worn evenly, which indicates that the wheels are correctly aligned
- 4. The C5 does have a big boot, but rivals such as the Ford Mondeo and Mazda 6 offer greater carrying capacity
- 5. Listen carefully during the test drive for any mysterious clonks and bangs from under the car