What Car? says
For Good looks; strong diesel engine; well equipped
Against Cramped inside; small boot; lots of wind- and road noise
Verdict Stylish, but fails to deliver on practicality
Go for… 2.0-litre 2WD TDCi Zetec
Avoid… 2.5-litre 4WD Petrol
- 1. The Kuga was launched in 2008, as Ford’s answer to cars such as the Nissan Qashqai and Volkswagen Tiguan
- 2. Most come with Ford’s smooth and punchy 138bhp 2.0-litre diesel, which is happy to trundle along in city traffic, but provides a good turn of speed when required
- 3. The 2.5-litre V6 petrol engine is fast, but thirsty, and is rare on the used market
- 4. There's little difference in the fuel economy figures between the two- and four-wheel-drive versions.
- 5. There are few consistent issues, such as the particle filter clogging up.
Reader test team says:
I have now had the Kuga for two years, only one…
Having moved on from my Nissan Juke, I needed…