What Car? says
For Spacious, versatile and efficient for a 4x4
Against Not as reliable as some Hondas; disappointing dynamics
Verdict A great all-round SUV that will suit most families.
Go for… 2.2 i-CTDi ES
Avoid… 2.0 I-VTEC EX
- 1. This version of Honda's CR-V has a definite soft-roader feel and it's certainly better suited to the urban jungle than the Amazon.
- 2. The CR-V is available with a petrol engine, but the 2.0-litre is underpowered. The 138bhp 2.2-litre diesel engine makes much more sense.
- 3. Petrol models manage an average of 34.9mpg, while the diesels return 43.5mpg. Emissions of 192g/km for the petrol and 173g/km for the diesel.
- 4. owners complain about the quality of plastics used in the cabin, and the fact that they easily mark or scratch during everyday use.
- 5. As with any 4x4 that has limited ground clearance, you should check the underside for damage.