What Car? says
For The i30 is well equipped, reliable and spacious
Against Dull styling combined with average ride and handling
Verdict The Hyundai is a dependable hatchback, but it won't set pulses racing
Go for… 1.4 Comfort
Avoid… 2.0 Premium
- 1. There's decent space for five, with a surprisingly large amount of rear legroom. The boot isn't as generous, but it's a good shape and easy to load.
- 2. One of the Hyundai's limitations is its bland styling, both inside and out. However, the cabin does feel durable and solid, with a logical layout.
- 3. Of the two petrol engines available, we would recommend the 108bhp 1.4-litre, while the strong and efficient 113bhp 1.6-litre is the most popular diesel option.
- 4. The 1.4 and 1.6 petrols average 46.3mpg and 45.5mpg respectively. The diesels can achieve 60.1mpg and 51.4mpg.
- 5. Tyre pressure sensors can malfunction, believing there's too much air in the tyre and urging owners to deflate it.