What Car? says
For Sharp styling, supple handling, effortlessly cool
Against Expensive to buy and run
Verdict The king of cool, but at a price
Go for… 2.7D V6 Luxury
Avoid… 4.2 V8 Premium Luxury
- 1. The XF's interior is an Aladdin's cave of contemporary design, where everything has solid and well-built feel.
- 2. Of the four engines available, the 2.7 V6 diesel is the best all-round choice. More than enough power and lower running costs.
- 3. The diesel version has average fuel economy of 35mpg compared with 26.8mpg - 22.4mpg from the petrols.
- 4. Gremlins include doors sticking, fuel filler flap jamming. The car's air-conditioning and sat-nav have also experienced a few intermittent faults.
- 5. Jaguar has gone a long way in improving its cars' reliability: scoring well in the JD Power customer satisfaction survey and What Car?'s reliability tests.