What Car? says
For The ultimate in luxury: beautiful, refined and each model is totally unique.
Against It's decadent, expensive, environmentally unfriendly and has dreadful residual values.
If you've got the cash and the ego, then maybe a Maybach is right for you.
Go for… The 57S. Handles better, is faster and fractionally cheaper than the 62.
Avoid… Later models: you'll be hit less by the obscene depreciation.
- 1. With 2.2 million different permutations of colour, trim and equipment available, if you own one there really is no other car like it
- 2. Some models have been affected by electrical glitches
- 3. The manufacturer's warranty lasts four years
- 4. Choose early 57S models. Later ones depreciate even worse than early models
- 5. 5.5-litre V12 engine is smooth and reliable