What Car? says
For The 6 Estate is great to drive, reliable and distinctive
Against Cabin plastics; could be more refined
Verdict Verdict One of the great estates
Go for… 2.2D 136 TS3
Avoid… 1.8 S
- 1. This version of the 6 is larger than the car it replaced but it's actually lighter. The light-weight loss gives it a sporty edge that makes it nimble and grippy in the bends.
- 2. The large tailgate gives great access to the big boot, and for even bigger loads you can drop the split folding rear seats to create a large load space.
- 3. All models come with stability control and six airbags.
- 4. Servicing costs are typical for this class of car, but Mazda's reliability record means bills should be kept to a minimum.
- 5. The older 2.0-litre diesel engine can suffer with lubrication problems, where fuel finds its way into the oil system.