What Car? says
For The Nissan Note is quirky yet practical and well designed. It's spacious for a supermini, too, with room for up to four adults
Against The Note's firm ride can become unsettled in town, and engine noise may get irritating on motorway journeys.
Verdict The Nissan Note is different to most superminis, yet has all the space of a small MPV wrapped up in an attractive package.
Go for… 1.4 S
Avoid… 1.6 SVE auto
- 1. There's room inside for four adults to travel in comfort, and there is good headroom because of the Note's high roofline.
- 2. The Note's 1.4 and 1.6-litre petrol engines return 44.8mpg and 42.8mpg, while the newer diesel manages up to 62.8mpg.
- 3. There are two petrol engines: an 87bhp 1.4-litre and 108bhp 1.6. Early 1.5 diesels came with 85bhp or 102bhp, but in '08 the more powerful version gave way to an improved 85bhp unit.
- 4. Road tax should be reasonable, with the newer diesels producing CO2 emissions of just 118g/km.
- 5. Many owners have complained about electrical issues caused by the car's electronics.