What Car? says
For Smart-looking, fun to drive, sharp handling
Against Limited rear cabin space, firm low-speed ride.
Verdict Our Car of the Year in 2003 and Supermini of the Year three times.
Go for… 1.2-litre 12v SE 5dr
Avoid… 100bhp 1.9-litre TDi diesel
- 1. There's plenty of space for the driver, and a good range of adjustment on the seat and steering wheel
- 2. Kerbing can damage the suspension, but you can spot potential problems by uneven wear on the tyres
- 3. With our favourite 1.2 engine, you can expect fuel economy approaching 50mpg
- 4. Reliability is generally good. Check for electrical or transmission problems, though
- 5. Boot space is par for the course for a supermini