What Car? says
For The Skoda Superb is well equipped, spacious and well built
Against It's bulky and not the prettiest of cars
Verdict The Superb is an amazing amount of car for the money
Go for… 2.0 TDI SE
Avoid… 3.6V6 Elegance 4x4
- 1. There's decent space in the front, but rear-seat occupants will think they're in a limo: there's masses of legroom, as well as loads of head and shoulder room.
- 2. The Superb's service charges should be reasonable and Skoda dealers have a good reputation for customer service, too.
- 3. The 1.4-litre petrol does an average of 41.5 mpg, the 1.8-litre drops to 39.2mpg, and 34.9mpg for the 4WD version. The 3.6-litre V6 manages 28.0mpg.
- 4. Insurance starts at group 6, rising to group 15 for the V6.
- 5. Make sure any vehicle has a full service history. Some Superbs are used as taxis, so be suspicious of cars with high mileage.