What Car? says
For Good motorway cruiser; build quality; availability
Against Not the most refined; roofline reduces headroom
Verdict Big and bold, but the Insignia isn’t the best you can buy
Go for… 2.0 CDTi SRi
Avoid… 2.8T V6 4x4 Elite Nav
- 1. The Insignia shed the slightly stodgy image of its predecessor, the Vectra, to deliver a smarter, more professional offering from Vauxhall
- 2. The Insignia is smooth and stable at high speeds, but the steering is light and vague. It doesn’t score well for refinement, either, with noticeable road- and wind noise.
- 3. Of the two 2.0-litre diesels, we prefer the 158bhp version over the 128bhp engine.
- 4. Apart from the entry-level S spec, all Insignias get climate control, stability control and cruise control
- 5. Electrical problems are the most common complaint, with numerous faults
Reader test team says:
Not sure if I have the right model description.…
I have driven this car as a company vehicle for…