What Car? says
For Good to drive and good to look at
Against Suffers from restricted rear headroom
Verdict A fast and stylish coupe that's also practical
Go for… 1.4 TSI 2dr
- 1. All Sciroccos come with alloys, air-con, stability control, side and curtain airbags, a CD multichanger and automatic lights and wipers
- 2. The hardcore R version is the ultimate Scirocco, with a tuned 261bhp 2.0-litre petrol engine. It's fast, but still refined and superb to drive.
- 3. All cars are available with either a six-speed manual gearbox or VW's slick semi-automatic DSG system with paddleshift.
- 4. There has also been an issue with the boot mechanism on early cars, because the gas-filled support struts can fail. However, dealers should replace these under warranty.
- 5. A great-looking coupe and great to drive, but it falls short of a hatchback if you need space and convenience.