What Car? says
For Smooth; spacious; flexible
Against High running costs
Verdict Great upper-class crossover car
Go for… 2.4D DRIVe SE
Avoid… 3.0 T6 SE Lux Premium
- 1. The term crossover vehicle can be hard to pin down, but the XC60 fits the bill whatever the definition
- 2. There's decent space inside for a family of five, and the boot will swallow 655 litres of luggage.
- 3. Those with an environmental conscience should look for the DRIVe model, designed to produce fewer emissions and do more miles per gallon that most SUV rivals.
- 4. There's only one petrol engine available, but it's a blinder.
- 5. Insurance is typical for this class of car, ranging from groups 28 to 36. Servicing costs are also typical for a crossover.
Reader test team says:
I have had a 7 day test drive of the XC60 D4…
Great looking inside & out. Good performance &…