well where to start ? i have owned a fiesta st for a year and a half and loved it i went along to look at the new shape focus big mistake ... it was love at first sight focust st 2 in white !now i have only had the car a month and 1500 miles later i love it honistly i can not find a fault in fit or finish goes well ... fantastic ! the attention to detail on this new focus is amazing ford realy have come along way in the last few years. time will tell if its reliable butfor now im so glad i bourght it id advise any one to have a look at this car.

kevin parr, stoke on trent, March 30th 2015

T ST-2 5dr

Fell in love with the MK1 focus after driving a couple, however for £500 extra went for the newer MK2 on the forecourt. With part ex paid just under £2,000, 05 plate, 80,000 on clock, 3 prev owners. Its been brilliant to drive, love the handling very sharp and smooth, keeps up very well on long motorway trips in the fast lane no problem, great fun on twisty roads, good in and around town too. Its quiet and refined however some wind noise can creep in when traveling at above 80, Not as sound proof as a Golf. It's Not as smooth over bumps and potholes as rivals such as the Megane. It has an amazing boot that swallows up all sorts, the car's interior is of good quality (Nice soft touch plastics on dash), everything is where you would expect it, very easy & simple to use. The sound quality for the stereo is brilliant (better than some more expensive brands). The spec has everything you need and want, A/C, audio remote controls, electric windows, trip computer etc, many airbags and safety features etc. The seats are very supportive and comfortable with lots of adjustment as well as in the steering wheel, easy to find the perfect driving position. On the down side, its not the easiest to park, reversing light isn't great in the dark, A/C had a few leaks (fixed under warranty), alternator failed, spark plug coil failed causing car to jump, and currently suspected wheel out of alignment. Overall great car with a great image and the best all rounder in its class!

Aaron Hughes, January 8th 2015

LX 5dr [115]

I bought this car brand new on the 1st March 2014. The Focus was highly recommended by a mechanic I use for its reliability and low maintenance costs. Its fuel economy was also a big contributing factor to my purchase as I drive 80 miles per day to and from work. My journey consists of approximately 17 miles along a dual carriageway, 3 miles through a city (traffic is very light at the times of day I travel), followed by 20 miles along a relatively quiet country road and then back home again. I do not drive the car hard or fast, sticking to speed limits and driving sensibly. On the dual carriageway I will often drive at 60-65 mph when not in a rush. My average fuel consumption is 63 mpg, which despite being very good, falls seriously short of Ford's advertised mpg. I recently drove to Oban and my mpg increased to 69 mpg, however a few weeks ago I did a lot of local running about and the mpg dropped to 59. Putting the mpg on one side, the car handles beautifully, drives well and has sufficient power for my needs. I would certainly highly recommend this car, just bear in mind you are highly unlikely to achieve the high mpg Ford say is attainable.

Geoff Cosford, Angus, December 29th 2014

TDCi Edge ECOnetic 5dr [88g/km]

I reluctantly had to trade in my Honda Civic 2.2CDTi back in May and wanted something that was as equally economical, but drove better. The handling of the Focus is 10/10, you can throw it around corners and it will stick to the road. The gearbox is superb and having the Titanium version adds extras like bluetooth, ambient lighting, cruise control, climate control, voice activated extras and heated windscreen. The only draw back for me is the MPG. With the Honda it was a 2.2CDTi and had 140BHP. With it i was averaging at 45MPG and that was being heavy footed. With the Focus, i am getting 40-45MPG and thats driving sensibly with the odd burst of speed on straights. The engine seems to struggle with putting the foot down and although it is reasonably quick, the MPG drops dramatically. Its also on par for MPG as my partners Insignia 2.0CDTI which has 160BHP. Overall the car is excellent to drive, has a beautiful dash and is very comfortable to be in. The drawbacks are the MPG and lack of space in the rear.

stuart plunkett, aberdeenshire, November 29th 2014

TDCi 115 Titanium 5dr

Moving jobs meant I had to buy a car pretty sharpish, so ended up with a Focus Zetec S that I've driven since February 14 and added 13k miles to. The car itself was an ex-demonstrator with 120 miles on the clock, loaded with extras and for £8.5k under book price, so a bargain was apparently had. I say 'apparently' because running costs have made me question how much of a bargain it truly has been. To reach the Ford quoted MPG you'd need to drive like a heavily sedated nun and my frequent airport runs and drives to the office, all 120+ miles on motorways, has seen a return of around 38MPG. Not quite up there with what Ford says it'll do and I should add, driven at motorway speed limits. The car itself I have no huge problems with; it's crisp and responsive to drive, has a good gearbox, mid-range speed pick up is swift and it is certainly no slouch. Build quality is good and the seats offer decent support. Dislikes? The SYNC system is horribly unresponsive and I cannot get on with it at all, the Bluetooth hands-free has to be the worst ever factory-installed phone kit out there, and the automatic main beam drives me mad when the car starts to dazzle oncoming vehicles on unlit motorways. In summary it is an averagely ok car, it has done a job for me for ten months but nonetheless I'll look to change it for an X4 in the New Year. You could do worse, but there's much, much better available.

Neil Oakshott, West Midlands, November 28th 2014

125 EcoBoost Zetec S 5dr

Have new Focus Econetic 1.6 diesel Edge, with Edge pack. Official combined MPG is supposed to be 83 mpg but I struggle to get 50 mpg. What a joke, unless there is something wrong with my car. Bought it for its MPG as I need the economy. Traded in a 2008 Mondeo 1.8 Dsl. Can it be possible that with all the refinements, this car is less economical than a well used 5 year old Mondeo. Disappointed as this Focus is giving me poorer MPG than my Mondeo with 93K miles on clock. Why bother with a car infinitely inferior to the Mondeo if it is not significanly more economical. What should I do or is there something wrong with the car. Have driven 1000 miles. Feel totally cheated and misled by MPG. Claims of 83 mpg when I am getting less than 50 mpg is a big joke. I am doing the same driving as with the Mondeo except that I am being very eco conscious. The ECO mode monitor says my driving style, gear change etc is perfect. Has anyone else had this experience? Any advice welcome.

john jones, November 3rd 2013

TDCi Edge ECOnetic 5dr [88g/km]

I purchased this car in April 2013. It's really great to drive and has been pretty economical although falling short of the claimed MPG. I recently drove down to Switzerland and found it quiet and refined on the motorway plus an absolute hoot to drive through the twisty mountain passes. (However being right hand drive - don't look down) The gadgets supplied on this version are really useful - especially the reversing sensors which work very well. Economy wise I managed between 49 - 52 on the long motorway run to and from Switzerland. Mixed driving has come out at 43 - 46 while pure urban trips (mainly very short ones) have come out at 38mpg. Downsides? Well some of the cabin trim could be better and the boot is a bit cramped - but it does come with a spare wheel which is more than you can say for other manufacturers. So far no reliability problems.

Donald Hine, Kent, October 27th 2013

125 EcoBoost Zetec 5dr

I bought this car as an ex demo in 2012. I have had lots of faults with the car. Drivers side window does get stuck and won't open or close dealer unable to fix, central locking doesn't always work have to use key. Fuel consumption very poor compared to my previous seat Leon tdi. The car has rattles which have been unable to locate. Not a lot of room in rear for adults. Front also tight on space band knees on dash board. Hands free phone system also does not work. This is the worst car I have owned I would rate my previous seat Leon tdi, soda octavia tdi far better and when this car hits 3 years old next may we will have to change it. My first ford and I would think my last. Reported problems to both dealer and ford.

Oliver Hepton, West Yorkshire, September 6th 2013

TDCi 115 Zetec 5dr

Have owned this car since August 2011 and now showing 12k on the clock. The car was specified with the City pack consisting of rear parking sensors and folding mirrors together with the 18" alloys upgrade.The car has been absolutely faultless and with the exception of the regular servicing has needed nothing. Average mileage is c. 41mpg, pretty good condidering the performance available. The ecoboost engine is a real gem pulling smoothly from 1000rpm up to the red line. From c. 1750rpm the car really flies along with a great engine note. The 18" alloys upgrade not only looks awesome but also provides fabulous grip from the 235 section tyres.Specification wise all the kit works great but special mention must be made of the reversing sensors which are linked to a visual display on the dash. Works so well.Also the bluetooth phone system is probably the best I have ever used in a car.The new Focus is a great car and the Ecoboost Titanium combines the best overall engine and spec available. No wonder this is the best selling car in its class in the UK.

BRIAN MCBRIDE, DOWN, June 25th 2013

EcoBoost Titanium 5dr

I just traded in my beloved 56 plate ST2 and I regret it. All I can say is buy one, the car is fantastic with the best thing being the noise the exhaust makes, that noise put a smile on my face every single time I turned the beast on but everything else about the car was good. The only reason I got rid of it was that my wife got an RX8 40th Anniversary edition and running the two of them was just too expensive although we did hold out and had them for 3 months. Running cost wasn't too bad considering the power of the machine and I got approx 27mpg combined and I must admit I did on occasion open the taps on it. If you are considering one then just go ahead and buy it.

Michael McCusker, July 4th 2012

ST-2 3dr

I took delivery of this car in April 2012, after negotiating a discount of roughly 18% plus options worth over £2500 all in the price was just over £18000 which I think was a good deal. We bought the car for better running costs, as previously we had a Focus ST. So far fuel economy is hovering around 50 mpg in daily driving and high 50s on longer trips. The cost of Tax is £20 for the year, first year is free. Overall very happy with running costs. The car drives very well with good handling and with 18 inch alloy wheels fitted the ride is smooth. Standard equipment is very good with everything you need for a family car. Voice control, Bluetooth and DAB radio where you can sync IPOD and MP3 is easy to use as is contolling your Mobile phone through radio. Space and practicality are very good especially with two young children. The only issues we have had with the car are some loose trim in the boot which was quickly repaired under warranty, so far my dealer experiances have been fine with quick and reliable service. Overall very happy with my purchase.

duncan sims, powys, July 1st 2012

TDCi 115 Zetec S 5dr

I have owned this car for nearly 9 years, from when it was just 8 months old. Ive driven nearly 90,000 miles in it. During this time it has been virtually faultless, requiring only the odd break pads, tyres, light bulbs etc. it is beginning to look a little tired now, with some loose external trim and air con that is not terribly effective, but the engine still goes on without complaint. It is still lovely to drive, fits me, the kids and gubbins fairly well, and looking at car reviews for more recent versions, I will struggle to match it's reliability record in a newer vehicle. The 1.6 is slightly underpowered when trying to accelerate uphill fully loaded, but copes with a combination of country roads and motorway driving very comfortably, so I don't notice this very often. All in all it's a fabulous car.

Kate Mackay, June 22nd 2012

LX 5dr

I test drove the above car yesterday. I liked it so much. I bought the 1.0 Ecoboost Titanium X. Pick it up at the end of this month. I will only comment on the driving as I havent played with the kit in the Zetec or Titanium X. FOr a 999cc 3 Cylinder Engine. Its incredible, feels more like a 1.6 Diesel. A nice bit of tourqe from about 1500rpm all the way up to 4/5k rpm. Pulls nicely at 70mph on the motor way. At idle, you cant tell if the engine is running. Its an incredible engine, I can not comment on the fuel economy as all I had was a 20 minute test drive. The steering was perfectly waited. The gear box not quite as good as a Golf, which I feel as one of the best gearbox's going(so smooth). But the Focus was very close. Ride was very smooth, compared to my 57 plate Civic I currently have. If you are worried about having to rev this engine hard, dont be. At 70mph, the Focus was at 2500rpm, and my Civic(with a 1.8 litre engine) sits at 3000rpm. The cabin plastics felt nice, lower down they became abit more brittle, but compared to the Civic...well, it was luxury. The digital displays tick the box's for me with the dials in front of the driver, clear and easy to read(not obscured by the Steering wheel...like on the Civic). I am really looking forward to taking delivery of my Ford Focus 1.0 125 Ecoboost Titanium X. The engine is a peach, the interior is pretty good. Plastic quality doesnt match the German's just yet. But looks ALOT more interseting, and is a worthy second!

Kevin Scott, West Dunbartonshire, June 11th 2012

125 EcoBoost Zetec 5dr

Bought the car second hand with 40K and full service history. Put on another 20K in last 6 months with not a hiccup. It's quick enough and accelerates well through the gears. Most of my miles are on the motorway and there's plenty of power at 65/70 to get past traffic. From a standing start it's easy to spin the wheels and careful control makes for quick getaways. Inside it's all leather and very tidy. The dash is clear and computer useful. The Sony radio is as good as needed, loud enough for sure. Enough toys to keep one happy. The cruise control works well. I'm 6'4" and can get comfy. The remote radio controls protrude from the steering column but haven't been a problem with my knees. Electric seat is welcome. I average bang on 50mpg with 95% of the time spent on motorways at 70mph. Not quite was I was hoping for but acceptable for a 2L. The one glitch is starting. For some inexplicable reason it sometimes requires four goes to get it to fire. Never more than four. However most of the time it starts first time. I read that letting the car idle for 10 seconds before turning off the ignition helps. It seems to, difficult to tell. The bad starts are perhaps 5% of the time. Nothing to really worry about. All in all it's lived up to expectations. It cruises well, goes quick enough, well built and reliable.

P Andrew, February 27th 2012

TDCi Ghia 5dr

We used to own this model, but are delighted to have sold it on. After only a few miles, the after depressing the clutch, the pedal refused to rise back up. A faulty clutch master cylinder was diagnosed and duly replaced, We started to lose confidence in the car after this, and gear changes never seen right despite dealer assurances to the contrary. The seats are far too small and to uncomfortable for any thing more than a trip to the shops. I was for ever banging my head on the hatch door when using it, and we struggled to achieve 50mpg. The dealer seemed more interested in selling us service deals and extended warranties than actually ensuring the car was good as they claimed. The heated windscreen is handy on the few frosty mornings we have here near the seaside, but otherwise the equipment was basic considering the price of the car. It's a disappointing car given all the hype about good it is.

John Davies, February 11th 2012

TDCi 115 Zetec 5dr

2008 Focus ST2 20000 miles, 2.5 engine can return 34mpg on a run but average 22mpg but as expected so no real concerns with that. Over all not a bad car, build quality is budget as you would expect from a ford. Biggest single nag missing is cruise control for longer journeys, 14k car had a replacement gear box, replacement took nearly four months to come, Blue tooth ecu failed not covered by warrenties (how a non wearable item can not be covered by warranty is beyond me), in 2 years of owning this vehicle I think its now broken down in the region of 20-30 times due to electrical faults. The biggest failing however is without doubt is the Ford dealer network and Ford themselves. Whenever problems arise you get played off between the two in the most unprofessional manner. That amount of non returned phone calls is simply staggering. I really wanted to love a fast Ford but sadly the experience has been a disaster. First Ford purchased and without a doubt in my mind, My driving future will never involve owning a Ford again. Disappointed with the car, Utterly disgusted with the Dealer experience. Previously owned Citreon, Honda, BMW,

Colin Medler, November 2nd 2011

ST-2 3dr

I own a 57 reg focus 1.6 zetec i feel it handles very well on country roads and at motorway speed and when overtaking , its steering is very light and good. The only drawbacks are the size of the glovebox, the car feels heavy when I am driving uphill and trying to pick up speed and the reception on MW stations on the radio could be better. Braking is very responsive. Adults can fit into this car comfortably and its a great family car.

sabrina joseph, cheshire, October 9th 2011

Zetec 5dr [115]

I have had this car for about a month now, it 54 plate and bought it privately for £2500. Love it because has many extras like back electric windows and ghia comfy seats. Don't buy one from a dealer because they are a rip off and also look around for the best deals.

Neil Roeper, essex, September 19th 2011

Ghia 5dr

The 1.6T EcoBoost engine in my car has had much praise in the motoring press and quire rightly so ! it is a very good engine, economical considering it has 150bhp, it sounds good and is very flexible. You can get away with not making many gear changes. Interior design and quality is very good in my opinion especially in my Titanium spec car. My excellent Ford dealer put 17inch Zetec wheels on my Titanium which makes it look much better than standard titaniums in my opinion (titaniums come with 16inch wheels as standard). No complaints so far, hopefully servicing costs won't be to high. I much prefer this car to my previous car, a Toyota Auris. The new Focus is a quality product and a pleasure to live with day to day, I really would recommend it to anyone.

Iestyn Owen, Denbighshire, August 11th 2011

EcoBoost Titanium 5dr

Bought the Focus 16 TDCI Sport new in march 2011. I traded in a Golf Diesel. Worse mistake I have ever made. The Focus is inferior in everyway. The trim in the cabin is tatty- the fit and the finish is shoddy. The engine is underpowered and needs to be thrashed to get any semblance of power out of it. I'm not used to driving in this manner. Good points are, the chassis is good and the steering perfect.Radio is fiddly; no button to press to change from FM to Mw or Lw. You must go through a drop down list and choose whilst driving!! Silly design. Will certainly change the car in the next few months and go back to VW.

David Kiely, Durham, July 14th 2011