TDCi Titanium X 5dr

Bought this car in 2009 with 30,000 miles on clock. Now have 83,000 miles of excellent driving on it. In that time have had a few bulbs and only fault was the bonnet release going (fitted new one myself for Β£30, but fiddly but OK). I bought the aftermarket clips for the hatchback which stop or limit the water coming on when opening the rear in rain, these work quite well. Car is extremely good at eating miles and smooth with huge space, my daughter calls it the Alan Sugar car for the exec feel and space inside! Averages about 47mpg on 65% motorway driving and general running around. Has passed all MOTS without any faults. Replaced all brakes once in this time. Tyres quite expensive. Would recommend this car to anyone wanting combination of size, economy and smooth long distance vehicle.

Andrew Leahy, Hants, December 6th 2014

TDCi Eco Edge 5dr [Start Stop]

This is a fantastic car to drive. I bought a 12 plate, 2nd hand with 10000miles on the clock. I was going to buy the Vauxhall insignia as I felt this was a better looking car but in the end I decided to go for the Mondeo because of the Β£30/year road tax. As a 6ft 4 person this car is the most comfortable I've driven, although getting in and out are a bit tedious as the car is low. The bluetooth control/ voice controls are impressive. My main reason for buying this car was all about fuel efficiency..... where the car is so great to drive I am happy to cruise at speeds 57-65miles/hr on motorways and using the Shell Nitro diesel I have achieved 780 miles on a tank of diesel which cost about 90Β£ to fill. The trip computer shows MPG anything btw 30mpg (when winds are strong or going uphill) and 80mpg (official is about 67.5mpg), whilst Overall great and comfortable car

Anthony Ogoegbunam, East Sussex, March 8th 2014

TDCi 140 Titanium 5dr

Having now covered 75,000 miles over the last 2 1/2 years I can say this is the best car I have owned. Averaging 50mpg and that is self recorded not following the inaccurate on board CPU. Sometimes I've a heavy foot and this barge feels like a speed boat with all the driving fun, other times I cruise, and it is a joy to relax in. Great size, tows anything easily, esp and traction control make it beat some 4x4s for sticking to the road in snow or getting out of a muddy field (obviously driving technique help) Boot size is cavernous, with rear seats down it is warehouse size. 3 kids on long journey have plenty of space, and the rear power point a great help with all their gadgets. Slight issues with cabin noise, but with music or radio on it is masked easily. Water ingress into boot is just annoying, simple design mistake. Slight electrics issue with cruise control, it is a known issue, but I'm not paying stupid prices to get it permanently fixed. Overall, I'll drive her till she dies, then seriously consider getting another.

Adam Redfern, derbyshire, February 12th 2014

Zetec 5dr

I bought this car second hand from a local dealer I've used before. The car had one owner and a full main dealer service history. Frankly I am delighted! Spacious, quality interior, coupled to a smooth ride. Better still it drives beautifully, similar to a 5 series in feel. In town it is a large car and as such isn't much fun in a multi-storey car park. Thankfully it great fun on a roads and motorway miles are wafted away effortlessly. The only thing I can criticise is that my mpg isn't wonderful but it is similar to other large 2.0 litre large petrol cars apporx 32 mpg. I would wholeheartedly recommend one of these to anyone, especially as used prices are so much cheaper than equivalent cars, such as Insignias, Passats and so on. And I should know - my last car was a Passat and this is much better. Look beyond the badge and you'll reward yourself with a cracking car. Enjoy.

James Colvin, Nottinghamshire, October 21st 2013

EcoBoost Zetec 5dr

Approaching the end of the first year of ownership. Very pleased with the car. At first the size and six speed gearbox took a little bit of getting used to but it's a lovely car to drive. Out of town it glides along very smoothly and despite its size it's quite agile in town. Have done about 1000 miles per month which is why I opted for a petrol engine. So far no signs of any faults and everything has worked properly. Another car where the journalists positive reviews are completely justified. Great value for money.

Allen Harris, Berkshire, September 28th 2013

i GLX 5dr

had my mk2 1.8lx for a couple of months, thermostat housing leaked as soon as i got the car a common fault on a lot of fords, but a easy repair to do your self by fitting a new housing (Β£105 approx)also changed the belts too also easy diy job, since then no other problems, a large do it all work horse and family car, very smooth and nice to drive.its good on fuel with steady driving, if i had to find a negative point then its noisy on bumpy roads and can be prone to rust mostly round rear arches, but even tidy mk2s can be had for ridiculously small prices.best old car ive driven in a long while, recommended, but ive found my self lusting after a old jag xj6,HELP!

mike crouch, norfolk, September 28th 2013

TDCi 140 Zetec 5dr

Just completed 100k miles in my company Mondeo which I've had for just over two years and am still delighted with it. No rattles, no squeaks and never anything other than services make me take it to the garage. Mine's an auto and it's very smooth and responsive. I have nothing but praise for this car, it's amazing how well put together it is, way better than the Passat I had before which spent a lot more time being mended during the 160k miles I drove it for. I can't really comment on running costs but a shame it has to be serviced every 12.5k miles whereas the Passat before was every 18k, that may explain why things went wrong more often however. It's a workhorse and spends most of the time on motorways and is exceptionally comfortable on any journey distance. Pick your Ford dealer for servicing carefully though, have tried a couple of larger ones who were very poor, now use a Ford Retail dealer near Swindon and they are brilliant; polite, helpful and, most importantly, wash and hoover the car! Hope the Mondeo will be on my company car list when I come to choose a replacement, can't see me not having another.

David Keeble, June 4th 2013

TDCi 163 Titanium 5dr

Owned for 1 year, as family runabout Pros good size, general build quality, powershift gearbox, good to drive, low costs Cons handling slighly skittish on choppy roads, nothing major to worry about though. some of the padding is visible around rear seats, should be fitted more effectivly No seat height adjust on passenger side on Titanium model, quite annoying for me not very exciting but does exactly was it says omn the tin a good able car so far, powershift gearbox works well with 42 mpg for 2.0D around town longest drive was 300 miles, no probs im 6'3". Recommended

martin lumsden, September 19th 2012

TDCi Titanium X 5dr

Had this car now for 7 months and 11000 miles (mainly motorway) and have been nothing but completely satisfied with it. My only gripes would be due to poor road conditions and having the 18" wheels with sports pack. However, in saying what it lacks in comfort over hard bumps it makes up in road handling. Personally I think a lot of previous reviewers are subject badge snobbery. I have not experienced any of the faults as previous reviews have stated, maybe they bought "monday morning or Friday afternoon" cars. My tyres still look like new and i'm quite pleased with fuel economy. Currently around the 47-48 mpg mark. A well driven car will give great return. Don't discount this car as it will give so called prestige marques a run for their money. Personally I'd rather keep the extra thousands in my pocket. All in all a good workhorse and a pleasure to drive.

Edward Simpson, Lancashire, July 20th 2012

TDCi ECOnetic 5dr

I HAVE OWNED MY MONDEO FOR JUST OVER 3 MONTHS AND IT HAS TO BE THE BEST CAR I HAVE EVER HAD. ITS VERY ECONOMICAL 44MPG AROUND TOWN,AND 48MPG ON THE MOTORWAY, AS THE COMFORT GOES IT IS GREAT AS I DO A LOT OF MILES I FEEL GREAT AFTER A LONG DAYS DRIVING.I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS CAR TO ANYONE AS ITS SO EASY TO DRIVE AROUND TOWN AND VERY RELAXING ON THE MOTORWAY WITH PLENTY OF POWER IF NEEDED BUT WITH THE GREAT ECONOMY

marcus campbell, cheshire, June 14th 2012

TDCi Zetec 5dr

I am a company car driver and had one of these for 3 years (07-10) and 40k miles.I had a choice of a passat,Mondeo or a Renault Laguna.I personally found it a big, comfortable cruiser of a car.It had the faults mentioned here ,such as water dripping into the boot etc but these were inconviences rather than faults. I didn't feel the build quality was as good as a passat, and ,you can see the areas where Ford has cut costs,such as the glovebox lid and the footwell lights to name but two.The car would also creak like an old wooden ship if you were driving down off a kerb. I had a major fault with my mondeo about six months after delivery where it developed the automotive equivalent of a stroke. Nothing on the left hand side of the car would work,doors,windows,mirrors etc.The car was off the road for 10 days while this was sorted.It turned out to be a fault in the wiring loom. The Ford dealer I used was just ok.Not very helpful when i needed a courtesy car when, my car was off the road,but they improved with time. I liked the car a lot as the positives far outweighed the negatives.It is the type of car that can cruise at 70 all day,nice interior ,good stereo and a very good climate control system. The company I worked for went down the eco route when the car was to be replaced. I now drive a volvo v50 1.6 diesel. It barely has enough power to pull me out of bed. I miss my mondeo.

Dj Cauley, October 3rd 2011

Zetec 5dr

Just purchased an 08 plate Zetec with 16k miles on clock. Initial thoughts and experience after a couple of weeks and few hundred miles. Firstly my experience some of the common issues reported on the Mondeo. Rain obscuring mirrors on motorway - not at all. Rain running into boot when opening hatch - yes, but very little. Difficult to park as its so big - Well it is big and you have to be a bit more carefull but no real problem in my opinion. And mine has no parking sensors. Overall impessions: Plenty of room in the cabin for 2 adults, 2 teens and a baby seat. Large boot. Bluetooth very quick and easy to set up. Seats comfortable, I'm 6'2 and have found a good driving position. Ride is excellent, smooth and refind. Steering nicely weighted, car pretty sharp and agile despite its size. Slick precise gearbox. No rattles or quality issues apparant - although some signs of cost cutting lower down in cabin - eg in the footwells. Very good long distance cruiser and a satisfying drive on all roads. So far very pleased. Average MPG since collecting the car shows as 35 MPG. Currently done 470 miles since filling the car, shows 50 miles range left. Note this has been achieved with a lot of Motorway cruising.

James Nelson, September 5th 2011

TDCi Zetec 5dr

owned for 20months now and find it possibly best ford to date.Superb road holding,very roomy interior,powerful motorway cruiser,very supple on B roads.On long journies can easily acheive 50 plus mpg.Around doors 40mpg.Niggles??...had parking sensors fitted front and rear due to size,some rear view blindspots (hatchback) but what annoys me most is getting a "shower"from rear hatch when opening after heavy rain which also drips into luggage compartment.As a private motorist I bought the mondeo pre-registered with only 4 miles on clock saving Β£7000plus on rrp but I would doubt if I would have paid Β£20,000 for a car with DIRE residuals that it has,so bottom line is .....buy it right ,but don`t keep it too long,just enjoy best family car by far!!!!

Geoffrey Stephenson, Durham, August 4th 2011

TDCi Titanium 5dr

the car is grand out nothing special. i went from a Primera t-spec (i miss the reversing camera and heated leather seats) to this Mondeo titanium because the Primera was actually way too small for me to even sit into. the car is an Irish car on a 2008 KY plate in metallic black with a 2.0 TDCI 140 BHP engine. the car is huge and has a lot of standard kit. the bad things are a few design flaws here and there like the heated windscreen takes ages to clear, the boot lets loads of water leak into the boot wetting my golf bag :( (which you can fit 4 of in here) and water is blown from the windscreen onto the side windows which is annoying if a passenger is smoking when it is raining. I don't like the look of the dash....the sony radio looks too after market and it looks cheep with all the titanium affect metal surrounding it. the climate control is useless it gets hot very hot but when you want cold it only gets cool which is annoying with the 4 hot days of summer we get here in ireland. the car is well planted on the road nothing like my brothers 318d but still very good for such a massive car .overall it's good but there are much better cars on the road which is why when i trade in in the next few months im not buying again, im going to look at the Insignia new Passat and the C5 for its comfort (mondeo has lots of road noise and with my optional 18' 5 spokes the tyre roar is horrible) so if you want a nice cars this is nice but thats about it...

Daragh Barrett, Kerry, February 26th 2011

TDCi Edge 5dr [6]

Bought this model under Fordirect scheme. At 3yr 6m old and only 58K on the clock it has cost me 4K for a new engine. Lovely car shame about the engine. Last Ford I am ever buying

Andrew Ross, Northampton, October 25th 2010

Ghia 5dr

With the release of the new Mondeo and increased road tax prices, this has all seen the value of the Mondeo drop rock bottom. This is good obviously if your looking to buy one as you can get a fairly new one for very little, and that is a lot of car for little money. People argue that it looks dated now and maybe the basic early models do, but you can pick the top range ones for good money and I still think they look very smart. The service price is not to bad, with a Ford dealer charging Β£215 for a full major service. The interior is very well built and of good quality, with plenty of space to put all your bits and bobs and all the instruments like AC, radio and heating controls etc all easy to get to whilst driving. It also is, without a doubt, a great family car with a spacious cabin and MASSIVE boot to put your shopping, buggies and other stuff in. All in all a great car, however, it does have its bad points. The road tax is a whopping Β£230 per year and this is due to rise with the Governments new road tax review. I find my version quite juicy with an average of about 33 mpg where ever I drive. With a full tank, I reckon I average about 400 miles Would I recommend one? No, not a 2.0 petrol anyway. Its an all round good car but you can motor for cheaper then this. I highly recommend the Mondeo in general, but would advise people to get the TDCi version and then I believe that you would then have an around great, cheap to run and affordable big car.

ANDREW STARKIE, February 19th 2009

TDCi 130 LX 5dr [6]

bought 02 plate 2 days ago after sellin r plate shogun wow nice to drive plenty room and very comfy only down side is door mirrors could be bigger but apart from that will get another when i trade it in

alex willamson, tyne and wear, February 18th 2009

i GLX 5dr

It's actually a 1.8 Zetec I'm just about to replace, but that's not on the list. I've had this car for four years from 44,000 miles to 102,000, and it has been nothing short of brilliant. For a car of its size, it handles beautifully, being great fun on twisty B-roads (more than it has any right to be, I'm sure), yet cruising up and down the motorway all day long without missing a beat. It's been a workhorse, a taxi, and a fun drive, and other than a new rear and mid exhaust section, has required very little work at all. Even at 10 years, it's rattle-free and smooth, and I'm going to be sad to get rid of it. Sadly, it's getting to that point where impending work is going to cost more than the car's worth, so I'm chopping it in. But, if you're in the market for a cheap, fun, comfortable and spacious car, I can't recommend the Mondeo highly enough.

Andrew Roden, Cornwall, February 17th 2009

TDCi 130 Ghia 5dr [6]

i currentley drive a mondeo ghia tddi.its comfortable,economic,reliable,great economy,great performance very good buy bought from spa cars bromsgrove worcs where u r spoilt for choice and prices

paul reid, worcestershire, February 17th 2009

V6 ST220 5dr

A luxury family car with terrific performance, though cost an arm and a leg in replacement tyres every 7,500 miles. The car is slightly too fast and heavy for the brakes, hence extra tyre wear. The Contentinal tyres may be cheaper, but they wear out quicker. An extremely comfortable drive and ride with great speed for such a big car. Loves motorways, hates the town

M Austin, February 16th 2009