S 5dr

I have been driving this car for 2 years under lease from brand new. I am glad it was under warranty because I have had electronic failure , my whole gear box removed and a new one fitted and my doors freeze in sub temperatures and I couldn't get in my car on some cold wintery days.. Altough the Hyundi service was great and made the inconvienience a little less stressful. The car I have is very basic and plasticky inside with no exciting features to write home about. The reverse gear always sticks and the gears in general, I find a bit unresponsive at times, resulting in stalling the car at lights often and some crunching when changing gear. So I won't be opting for another hyundi. All the complaints out of the way , I can say It is very economical to run and ensure. It's a nice compact design for a car of it kind and I have been mainly happy to buzz about town with it. The boot is a good size and the car does feel roomy inside. I don' t rate it much on motorways though. I gets me from A to B and I don't feel it sways in wind as such, but didn't feel it was sturdy enough when trying to cruise at 75 - 80mph. It is rubbish at over taking as it is slow to pick up enough speed. Once the speed is up it doesn't complain too much, but I have had better rides on the motorway. But if you are looking for a car that is just a little run around, and the price reflects this, then I would say its ok. It won't give you any special features as very basic functions but economical and reliab

Mags Hooley, Cheshire, March 12th 2015

CRDi Blue Drive Active 5dr

Overall, I think this is a superb car for the money. We bought ours secondhand, with 20 miles on the odometer (yes, twenty), and a year later it has completed 14,000 miles. Our model is the 1.4 BlueDrive, and I can regularly get 85+ mpg out of it on a motorway run, which I checked after I didn't believe the dashboard calculator. The stop-start mechanism takes a bit of getting used to, but has never caused a problem. My wife really likes the way the steering reacts to the circumstances in which you are driving, and I think Hyundai have got this right. Living with it, the dash layout and controls are very easy to use, make sense, and give you exactly what you need to know. The interior is rather cheap, and it doesn't do the car any favours. The seats could have more adjustment, the mirror vibrates at low revs and the fuel flap occasionally needs a few slams to shut. Handling wise, it is OK, the low rolling resistance tyres do not grip very well, but you don't buy a very economical car & expect it to handle. To summarise, it is a very economical car, quite capable of of a 2000 mile trip in 5 days, you will not look elegant, but you know it will get you where you want to go without a hiccup.

Christopher Semple, BERKSHIRE, November 21st 2013

Active 5dr

62 plate, bought new. Comes with a lot of nice gadgets The interior looks a bit cheap but that's expected from a car that costs less than 11K. 56mpg commuting at max of 50mph on A roads 80 mile round trip. Worked out using petrol receipts over 2 months Good points:- Fuel consumption Good seating position, easy to adjust, tilt/rake steering wheel Narrow spare (better than a repair kit any day) with space for a full size tyre Firm ride Grips well 5-year warranty Service centre prices are reasonable Frugal engine but has the power to overtake at higher revs Adjustable intermittent wiper speed Bluetooth that actually works USB socket, can play music off a memory stick Bad points:- Leather steering wheel started peeling after 13000 miles (it's protected leather, not real leather) Electronic power steering should give more feedback Trip computer overreads by 4mpg Noisy at 69mph+ (bit of a buzz from the dash on rough roads) Comes in a limited selection of colours The eco gear prompt is useless when going up any sort of incline Please be aware, I try to hypermile so to achieve that mpg will require some understanding of proper driving techniques.

Tony Hessler, August 14th 2013

Active 5dr

A brief summary: relatively spacious, good build quality, barely acceptably quiet on motorways due to tyre noise, unexciting, frustratingly weak low speed torque, poor real world mpg, alarmingly easily upset by cracks/breaks in road surface - especially mid-corner, annoying clutch judder when engine cold.

David Amos, July 1st 2013

Classic 5dr

I bought this 2010 car in March 2013, so it's just 3 years old with 2 years of the Hyundai warranty left. My car had one owner, bought from new at the same dealer and it's only done 24000 miles. I'd researched similar size cars - Citroen C3, VW Polo, Renault Clio etc - but the Hyundai i20 beat them all for the spec, comfort and economy. Road tax cost me £100 for the year, and it's giving me 50mpg on a mixture of motorway and country roads. The boot is easy to load with heavy stuff like sacks of potting compost, spacious enough for my camping gear, and it has enough room for passengers in front and back to be comfy. I like the music system, especially that I can plug in my MP3 player or iPod, and the speakers give good sound while I'm on the motorway. I've driven a Ford Ka for years so I wasn't sure how I'd take to a bigger car. But the Hyundai i20 is fine to park, and easy enough to reverse back down narrow lanes. I'm very satisfied with my choice, and was well pleased with the service where I bought the car. They gave me a nice discount and put £20 of petrol in so I could drive it home!

Rosalind Bellamy, DYFED, May 20th 2013

CRDi Blue 5dr

I have had problems with the start stop (IGS) firstly was told the battery needed overnight charging-why I drive 60+ miles a day. Sometimes the IGS light goes off in a mile or two, other times it doesn't go off at all even after 30 miles! We have had a fight with the dealership, surely I shouldn't have to keep getting the battery charged and all the electrics reset! So far not impressed only bought 09/10/12 already been in twice overnight today's date - 25/10/2012. Especially as we have waited for this car since 05/05/2012, slightly unimpressed especially as we've had three other Hyundais previously and 1 of my sons have an i20 (special).

Keith Dean, Hants, October 25th 2012

Edition 5dr

1.2 Edition Had car 2yrs and 28500 miles. The 1.2 petrol is a decent engine around town and is good on the motorway too (for a car in its class). Road tax/isurance is low. The car's petrol consumption responds to careful driving. The trip computer gives a good indication of consumption but is always 2-4 miles over the actual. People who quote straight off the trip have overestimated. The chap who got 60 mpg with 4 people and luggage must have been going downhill all the way! Realistically - I get an overall average of 46 mpg. I am a heavy guy 15st plus - if your lighter you will do better. On longer steady motorway (or equivalent) runs 50 mpg+ is usually done (as long as you are 60-65 mph. Around town 40 mpg give or take. It's true that the steering is a bit lifeless but its direct enough. The ride is firm and this reduces body role in bends. The tyres grip very well in the wet and dry - brakes are good. The car has a good spec - lots of safety kit etc - good sounding stereo. My car has had some early niggles which were quickly sorted - stereo needed replacing as it kept needing to be retuned - the clutch pedal squeaked (easily sorted) - a transponder receiver unit for the central locking had an intermittent fault (replaced) .All was dealt with at servicing very promptly - All was dealt with promptly with no fuss. The dealer servicing costs are too high - haggle to get it lower and supply your own oil and save another 40£ (GT magnatec 5-30 oil 17.50£ from halfords)

tony Kay, Leics, July 9th 2012

Comfort 5dr

I have owned this car for six weeks now and I cannot fault it, everything about the drive is positive, the driving position is excellent and the power is there when you need it. All the controls are well laid out and very easy to use and my experience at the local dealership ( Holdcroft of Stoke-on-Trent ) is first class. I would recommend this car and this dealership to anyone looking for a reliable, good looking and well made car with low road tax, insurance and running costs. I hope to have this car for many years to come.

malcolm brian, staffs, June 7th 2011

Comfort 5dr

Purchased in January under VAT fee offer to replace ageing Corsa. Primary reason was for ESP which was not available on older cars at same price.Very pleased with all aspects of the car especially the equipment levels. Ride is very positive and fuel consumption is excellent, with 60mpg achieved over a long run with 4 passengers and luggage!

David Fane, May 17th 2011

CRDI Comfort 5dr

i have this car about a month, have got over 65 m p g from first calculation i dont find it slow, it overtakes very safely with a very good burst of speed without having to change down from 5th unless space is tight. i carry a labrador dog in the boot for walks, plenty of room for him rear seats fold to give good carrying space if required i am very pleased with it as a replacement for an ageing 1400 TDCI fusion zetec the engine is sweet, just having its first 12500 mile service dealership is first class. Love elec folding mirrors when garaging it Lovely modern shape and shiny red is great ESP ALL ROUND DISC BREAKS 4 ELEC WINDOWS ETC ETC GOOD VALUE

Michael & Anne Smith, Norfolk, May 16th 2011