Jeep Compass Owner reviews

Limited 5dr [2WD]

One star from pro reviewers is just a joke. This is a very good car and I for one after 1000 miles do not intend to sell its, going to be a keeper. This car is very easy to find a comfortable driving aided by light steering that is accurate and does not require constant adjustment when driving as it tracks very well at all speeds, but then car invites you cruise not speed. The drivers seat is very good with plenty of adjustment. Light clutch and throttle with smooth and progressive braking. The gear shift is satisfyingly crisp and accurate. The driving experience on my 4x2 is very good, fast wide sweepers can be taken with confidence. This car will soak up the worse of British roads and transport you with comfort to you destination. The interior is perfectly fine and a nice place to be, it does not feel cheap as reviews say. Sound system is great. The leather seats feel upmarket & robust, not your thin cheap leather. Parking is a doddle as unlike some cars you are aware of where the wheels are at all times and the big mirrors help here, although a bit of wind noise can be heard at motorway speeds, but when I drive I listen to the radio not wind noise. The open tread of OE tyres can be a bit noisy on some surfaces, but if it bothers you buy tyres with a closer tread. NB. Always use premium unleaded you get more mpg & power & only Β£200 road tax

Mike Mitchell, June 11th 2014

Limited 5dr Auto

I don't know why these Jeeps always get low ratings in reviews. This is the forth Jeep I've owned and it's the best yet. I can't afford the top end Cherokee's, but value for money, I think the Compass 2014 is a real winner. I've got the petrol automatic and it's comfortable, high spec and quiet despite what reviews claim. Yes, the interior is not as classy as some others, but it's a 4x4 Jeep, not a posh saloon and when you look at the purchase price compared with BMW, Merc, Range Rover etc, it's so much cheaper. So what do you expect? Frankly I'd rather pay less and enjoy the reliability and security I've come to enjoy with my Jeeps, especially in the winter with the selectable 4-wheel drive. I've done less than 1000 miles so far, so it's too early to comment on running costs, but at 30mpg I'm getting around 300 miles for about Β£55 quid at todays prices. All I can say is in my experience of Jeeps on and off over 18 years, they are getting better and better. They have character and presence and I would have one every time over the the competition - even if money was no object! Please if you are a Chelsea tractor driver, look elsewhere!

Charles Cliff, Berkshire, November 5th 2013

Limited 5dr CVT Auto

Charles Cliff, Berkshire, November 5th 2013

CRD 70th Anniversary 5dr

We brought the Jeep Compass as a replacement for a Jeep Patriot, it has a very good spec and the 2.2crd engine drives well, the MPG is good with between 38-44 MPG on average. In 70th Annivesary spec it looks good and the neat touchs to seats and dash make it stand out, although the chestnut trim on seats can look a bit bright in the mornings. On motorways it drives well and has good road manners and can accomadate four people with ease, the only downside is lack of tyre pressure sensors that the Patriot Overland had which made life easier, we also changed the headlight bulbs to upgraded zenon type which has made night driving better in bad weather, thats the only issue we had. Well done Jeep another fantastic product

Ian Winterflood, December 30th 2012

CRD Limited 5dr

I wrote an atricle in July having purchased a Compass CRD. I have continually had problems with this vehicle - a steering component has been replacemented twice after several failed - very poor service from the dealer in Canterbury! I have decided enough is enough, but to add insult to injury, I have been told that the trade-in value is Β£11,000 - losing Β£9000 in five months. I was informed by the garage - (same group) that Jeep UK is selling these models for Β£14,000 - you can clearly see where the profit goes - sadly with no customer care or service! I will certainly never consider a Jeep or purchase any vehicle form that franchise. Good luck.

Craig Watt, Kent, July 3rd 2007