Mercedes-Benz Viano MPV Owner reviews

CDI Ambiente [Long] 5dr [150] Tip Auto

Previously I had a Freelander 2, wonderful to drive, but too little space for my needs. The Vaneo is spacious, very comfortable on good roads, a little harsh on uneven roads, but still enjoyable to drive. Comfort seats, parking sensors, and auto transmission are a prerequisite to enjoyable motoring. It's physical size and presence on the road is a revelation, ideal for transporting my daughter and all her fine art to and from university. Mercedes need to to something with the suspension and economy to make this a real winner. It seats 6 people in total comfort, the table being an added luxury. One of the most practical, unpretentious and enjoyable cars I have driven. After severe reservations about purchasing the 'van' , my wife now is quite taken with it. I cannot se myself parting with it in the near future.

Marek Pospieszalski, July 4th 2008

CDI Trend [Ex Long] 5dr [150]

I owned/ drove one for 12 months after which it was returneed to Mercedes with a vertual full refund. Design faults, very very poor build quality, electrical faults & 7 replacement seats as they just fall apart. Endless rattles, squeeks & knocks. Number plate lamps rust away after 3 months! They became a consumable! Spent weeks with the dealer who did not know what to do. The vehicle flew in a straight line but would not corner. It seemed like it was designed for the flat straight roads of the USA. A big vehicle but with an interior that felt smaller than VW's Caravelle. Uncomfortable driving position and seat. A very under developed vehicle. It is difficult to describe the utter disapointment and frustration this vehicle caused. By far the worst I have ever owned!

Keith Blackham, Worcs, April 15th 2008

CDI Ambiente [Long] 5dr [150] Tip Auto

we bought this car for the practicality of the cabin and the ride. Unfortunately the reliability has not matched up to our expectations-the air con has had extensive garage work to make it work at all,there was a recall for welding and on our latest holiday the SRS (safety/airbags) system packed up followed by the ignition/key recognition system leaving us stranded with a car which would not start or even lock.Deeply disappointing.

penny watt, oxon, September 5th 2006

CDI Ambiente [Long] 5dr [150] Tip Auto

A good MPV with plenty of space for the family.

Mustafa Kemal GÜL, IZMIR, March 22nd 2005

CDI Ambiente [Long] 5dr [150] Tip Auto

We have this car as our family car. We have four children to transport so space is important. Having previously owned a Land Rover Discovery Series II (seven seats) I have found the Mercedes offers the following advantages over the 4x4:- 1. The height of the vehicles means it is possible for children to actually climb into the car themselves (not possible with a Discovery). 2. We have the LWB - This means there is actually boot space (again there is none in a Discovery when you use all seven seats). We have taken four children camping and had enough room for all the tents, sleeping bags, scooters etc). Very impressive. 3. The turning circle - Seriously impressed. This car TURNS round in tiny spaces - I now know how those white van drivers do it. 4. Parking sensors - Very useful (although they won't work if you don't clean the car - that one I have learned!) I have no hesitatation in recommending this car as a family vehicle. It has what all the others lack - boot space (and a Mercedes badge)!!

S D, Kent, February 24th 2005

CDI Ambiente [Ex Long] 5dr [150] Tip Auto

Excellent car, unfortunately it should have four-wheel drive and refinement is not brilliant. Other than that, it's spacious comfortable and very luxurious, but very expensive.

JOsef Tautscher, October 5th 2004