Even in these days of smartphones and tablet computers, sometimes there is no substitute for a piece of paper.
What Car?'s checklists are designed to help you when you are need to jog your memory and ensure you don't miss out the details when buying or selling a car.
Each link below starts the download of a simple checklist, to ensure that you complete the relevant paperwork, ask the right questions or simply keep your car in trim before you hit the road. Simply download the checklist you want, print it out and keep it handy to avoid slip-ups.
If you want to suggest a new checklist for us to include, you can email the Helpdesk here.
Buying your car
- How to take a test drive -What to test on every car you drive
- How to haggle - How to get thousands off your next new car
- Buying a used car - How to avoid the pitfalls
- Buying a pre-reg car - Making the most of some great deals
Selling your car
- Selling your car - Make the most of your asset
- Used car sales receipt - Handy when you sell your car
Taking delivery of your car
- Taking delivery of a new car - What to look out for
- Taking delivery of your used car - What to look out for
Looking after your car
- Keeping your car healthy - Regular car checks
- Winter motoring - Keeping safe in winter
- What to do in an accident - Points to remember
General motoring advice