Nissan Pixo Hatchback Owner reviews

Totally impressed by this car. We were looking for a safe reliable car for mainly for local driving but with occasional trips of around 100 miles - and this car fits the bill perfectly. I spent some few years as an advanced driving instructor for people leaving the military and becoming bodyguards/security drivers so I know how to test a cars handling and safety. We tested the Aygo/107/C1 - all had a tendency to understeer way too early and they were rubbish on the motorway. The new shape Kia Picanto was ok but there was no feedback through the steering meaning when pushed it would let go without warning, a trait of electric steering. Then came the Hyundai i10. It actually handled fairly well though you didn't really notice the extra 200cc and an extra cylinder over the Pixo. The i10 is one ugly car though. The final car was the Suzuki Alto which really impressed me but has an awful front end, those headlights make it look very odd indeed. What to do? Looks or ability?? Then I saw the Pixo and learned it was an Alto Clone but so much better looking. It looks like a grown up car and not as budgety (if that's a word) as the Aygo etc. Handling is safe and predictable with sufficient feedback and it feels very stable on the motorway. Brakes are very good. Reliability excellent, not one problem in 3 years. Servicing cheap as it's simple. Insurance very cheap and tax is £20. MPG wise 50+mpg easily around town and 65+mpg on a run. Very impressed and hope to have it a long time.

Daniel Tofield, Berkshire, October 4th 2013

Visia 5dr

I changed from a "58" plate Ford KA Finale to this car as the KA was awfully expensive to run given its size. After much research I decided that I wanted to buy a Pixo N-tec as its still quite a unique car and was very much more affordable than some cars i.e. I10 and New KA for example. I test drove a Pixo and immediately fell in love. Since collecting my car It has been amazing; it handles really well, the engine is not slow (highly tuned) and the MPG is phenomenal. Inside- the cabin is spacious and VERY comfortable and the fact that it is a five door is brilliant. I would very much recommend going for the top n-tec spec as you do get quite a lot of extras i.e. front fogs, 2 more airbags, boot release lever, remote locking and air con. In relation to other reviews- you must realise that this car is aimed to the budget market and small car lovers and it meets these requirements very well. Although it is identical to the Suzuki alto I found that the Pixo is much better priced and that servicing etc is cheaper with a Nissan dealer as opposed to a Suzuki one. The only one gripe i have is that the stereo quality is not up to much although i have looked into this and it will only be another 80 pound to put 2 other speakers. Overall this is a great fun car, It handles all roads and motorways VERY well and has a good engine that needs worked; it is comfortable and practical and runs on the smell of oil it is that economic!!!! Well worth a serious look and thoroughly reccomended!!!!

Keith Turnbull, South Lanarkshire, April 14th 2011