I have owned this car for three weeks only... but first impressions are mixed. Its smooth to drive, though 2nd to 3rd gear is clunky. There isnt much overtaking power even with a turbo. The mpg is very poor and I mean poor. 28mpg is the top that I can get. Admittedly I have only used it for running around town and a couple of short motorway journeys, but I was lead to believe by the majority of reviews that I had read prior to purchasing this car that it would be way above this for urban driving. The interior is lovely, not much road noise and its comfortable. Sat Nav is not impressive however, I sold my tomtom thinking I wouldn't need it, I wish I hadn't. It takes you all over the place and not the quickest route either. Parking sensors are excellent, even though I am still dubious, but I don't think there is any need to be. The stop start function has yet to make an appearance, but this is because I don't put my car in neutral at traffic lights? I honestly don't know. This car looks good and drives nicely around town, motorway its nippy but don't expect any miracles and certainly don't expect to be any better off in the bank by changing to this car due to the amount of fuel it uses :/

CORINNE galzy worrall, April 1st 2015

DiG-T Tekna 5dr

This is an easy car to drive, not for boy racers but has enough power for normal driving. The boot is large and the driving position good with plenty of adjustment. The 360 degree cameras make parking and maneuvering a joy, lining up with the parking bay is so easy. The assisted parking is not as quick or accurate as doing it yourself using the cameras and sensors. I have only had this car for 4 months and 6400 miles so far, no reliability problems. The sat nav works but is not the most intuitive to use. I prefer driving this to the Mark 1 Kuga that it replaced and as I have the Tekna, I still have the heated front windscreen. This car is smaller externally than the Kuga which is a plus point for me. I get 46.6 mpg averaged over the last 3 months with a mixture of town and motorway driving although the car says 49.9 Not had a lot of chance to use it in the snow so far this year but it has driven easily when I have, I have winter tyres fitted as well as the 4WD

Simon Nissenbaum, January 27th 2015

dCi Tekna 5dr 4WD

I traded in a two year old BMW 3 Series for the Qashqai and have been delighted with the change. The Qashqai is practical, refined, quiet and comfortable and I really like the elevated driving position. The Qashqai is slower on paper than my 3 Series was to 60 mph and I had reconciled myself to having to put up with making slower progress. The Qashqai seems to deliver power just when it is most needed though and it is way more lively to drive than I expected. The BMW might be better for zipping around country lanes but the Qashqai is great for general driving. I have read some reviews where road noise is cited as an issue. That's not the case with my car, and I can only think that different wheels and tyres are to blame. Inside, the Qashqai is nicely finished and well equipped and the sat nav and entertainment system works really well. I was very pleased to find that I can stream and control music over Bluetooth. All in all, I can see why the Qashqai has won so many awards - it is a great piece of design work that ticks so many boxes for me.

David Williams, Bedfordshire, December 29th 2014

dCi Acenta 5dr

I swapped my Honda CRV for the Quashqai as it is really economical and I have just got back from a 20 mile drive averaging 62mpg. It is much quieter and more comfortable although the controls are pretty complcated. I am 74 and still do 30,000 miles a year so I will save hugely on fuel costs. I do think the boot is on the small side and I would like a spare tyre but at least I can hear someone speak at last!

christopher chetwode, hampshire, October 20th 2014

dCi Acenta Premium 5dr

Has many many hidden faults, research things like cvt problems or key error that are blamed on things like riding clutch etc. Nissan UK will not accept or adress massive failings and forums now full of unhappy cistomers. Nissan blatantly from day 1 advertise there Nissan Conect when in reality there are 2 apps a Google and Facebook, all the early Qashqais were delivered not to spec and Nissan just pointed out they have right to change specs and after a 5 month wait nearly everyone accepted things but the error messages, failing gearbox not to mention cheap rattly interiors make us annoyed. As one of the 1st in country to order one of these cars before they were launched how did whatcar declare this car of the year a month before it was launched to public? I myself read the magazine at launch day and whatcar loved car so much I bought the car and im horrified I ask Whatcar visit Qashqai forums and at least listen to its readers and maybe either review there reccomendation or try and help those who listened to them against Nissan UK

Don parker, norfolk, October 12th 2014

dCi Tekna 5dr

I've always been a Nissan fan! Somehow I decided to try another Brand/Crossover model cos I wanted a change. I test drove a few other models in auto/manual gearbox and fell in love with the new Acenta Premium finally (trust me not because I love Nissans, a couple I tried were also good). I've had the car for a month now and I'm not disappointed with my choice. The running cost is crazy unbelievable. I drive around town everyday and have done the occasional motorway driving (up to 100miles round trip) and my diesel level is unreal (thought the gauge might be faulty, but it's not). This car is a dream to drive especially on the motorway, and the cruise control really handy too. It is slightly sluggish in the 1st gear when you kick off, but it soon picks up and smoothens out pretty quickly, a small nag in the grand scheme of things. I got a very good deal with my dealers too (timing was everything, and I got the timing right because I had a good bargaining power). The in-car equipment are really reachable. Although you seat a bit high in the car, you can adjust and find the best position after some trial and errors. Took me a week to get the best driving position. It seems the car has speakers everywhere, because music sounds are so robust and evens out within the car (I love my music). If you want a descent family car without spending too much on optional extras, this is worth considering. But test drive as many models, you will know immediately which feels right!

Christine Vera-Cruz, June 13th 2014

dCi Acenta Premium 5dr

Iv'e owned my Nissan Qashqai 1.5 dCi Acenta Premium for a little over a month. It's my first SUV type vehicle. I'm most impressed with the fuel economy and refinement. Forget the official figures, but 55MPG is readily achievable and 60 if you drive gently. Uncanny for a car of this size. I chose the Quashqai for the 99GM CO2 motor, as a company car driver it's saving me a lot of car tax. The engine, although having a "small bore" feel to it is superbly refined. Cruising on the motorway is achieved in near silence. Pulling off is sluggish, but the engine pulls well once on the move and you have 1,500RPM+. The road holding also impresses; the car corners well and I wish I had sports seats! The seating, although comfortable, doesn't offer enough lateral support if you drive with enthusiasm. The suspension soaks up large bumps well, but deals with small ripples less well. Sometimes the ride is a little "fidgety". The steering is accurate but light. You can weight it up a little by selecting "sports steering" which is an option on my car. The car is roomy - especially in the front, and has a clever adaptable boot. The standard sat nav, computer and other kit (including camera) are great. The panoramic sun roof makes the car feel light and airy. The interior has a quality feel. Points to watch; The auto handbrake is odd and poorly positioned. Try some hill starts as these can be awkward. Check the fidgety ride on a motorway. Overall I'm very pleased.

Jim Aitkenhead, Leics, June 4th 2014

dCi Acenta 5dr

New Qashqai is beautifully built, and is a real pleasure to be in for both driver & passenger. The panoramic roof adds to the feeling of space. Very good road manners, tidy handling and deals with the monster potholes in New Forest car parks well. Powerful & quiet long distance cruiser. Boot good for a largish collie (get the fitted rubber mat - all the crud can be brushed straight out the back door). Self park and anti collision features make the Tecna spec worthwhile in my view. Don't bother with handbook, view the u-tube live demos to see how self-park works. Real world economy: high 40's in town, low to mid 50's on a run. This is my 1st Nissan, & easily the best car I have owned. Well done to Nissan for producing a real class act.

Gerard Duggan, Dorset, June 1st 2014

dCi Tekna 5dr

I don't understand how What Car made it car of the year so soon after it was launched!! I was very disappointed to find out how noisy the car is to drive. At speeds in excess of 55mph on motorways / "A" class roads the road noise is unacceptably high.It is impossible to have a conversation with a passenger or to listen to the radio in comfort. The noise is evn worse on a wet day!! I took the car back to the N. Ireland dealer (Charles Hurst) who sent me out with their head mechanic and he confirmed the noise as road noise due possibly to the low profile tyres, but of course naturally there was nothing they could do about it. A very expensive £30k mistake on my part!!

James Moore, Down, March 26th 2014

dCi Acenta Premium 5dr 4WD

Mine was white but apart from that this car is great in almost everything. The ride, handling and spec are all very good for this type of car. It's not fast but then it's quick enough to not get bored, the handling can be a bit like a lardy lad in the waltzer, but it gave enough feedback to make sure you didn't go daft. The 7 seat option was very handy at times when needed and overall it is really hard to find genuine faults. which for me is its problem, I m a grumpy fella and like to have a moan but I couldn't until that was when I needed to sound the horn. YIPEE it has a fault, the horn should be a loud baritone PARP instead it squeaks and I laughed so loud, the person I needed to use my horn for heard my guffaw's instead of the horn. In fact I kept pressing it to make sure the squeak was the proper noise and it is. Imagine Joe Pasqualie on the Helium, at half volume, then you get the picture. Thank you Lord I can moan. Having said that the sat nav was great and so was everything else, so support the guys in Sunderland because they have built a world beater in this car.

Stephen Winter, Tyne and Wear, March 21st 2014

dCi N-Tec+ 5dr

Had this car (a 1.6 petrol Acenta) for just over a week and in my opinion it is the worst car I have ever driven. I picked the car based on the reviews (the majority of which praised the Qashqai) this was a big mistake, with the benefit of hindsight I should have test drove a car before making a decision. From the start I noticed a really bad reflection in the windscreen from the instrument binnacle, no doubt due to it be a different material to the rest of the dashboard - i.e. a shiny plastic, the gearbox is noisy (especially so in 2nd and 3rd), the road roar is excessive (Bridgestone tyres), when its been raining it sounds as though the rear windows are open, the car feels underpowered (especially on hills, of which there are quite a few where I live) and I find the ride to be choppy - contrary to reviews. It is a shame that these problems detract from the driving experience because the car handles really well and has a good specification. I might add that it seems to go against the grain writing a poor review of the Qashqai in light of the number of favourable reviews, though as they say 'there's nowt as queer as folk', in other words what suits one person doesn't suit another. To make matters worse I got the car on a personal contract hire and will be stuck with it for two years at least. I really don't want to wish my life away as it is short enough but I find the car so bad overall those two years cannot end too soon. C'est la vie!

Stephen Wood, South Yorkshire, September 14th 2013

Acenta 5dr

this is my second qashqai this one is the 1.5dci 360 special edition. excellent finish with all the extras you would want,you need to push the accelerator when in low gear but once up and running it is very smooth . averaging 48.8mpg that is on short journeys will expect better on a longer run.great car and I can highly recommend.

Allan Baldwick, cumbria, August 30th 2013

dCi [110] N-Tec+ 5dr

This is my second qashqai visia. I had the last one 4 years with no trouble. I bought my second one in Sept 11. In Feb 13, the rear lights started coming on for no reason. Long story short .... it took 4 weeks for Nissan UK to do the repair under warranty. It needed a new wiring loom, which for some reason, you cannot buy off the shelf. It took a further 11 weeks to make and fit the wiring loom. 13 weeks in, they afforded me VIP status and gave me an XTrail, having previously supplied me with a Micra (4 weeks) and an astra (9 weeks). I love my qashqai, but it's not all sweetness and light.

Jerry Kevan, Down, June 27th 2013

[117] Visia 5dr

This was a hire car for a long journey, 840 miles over three days. I was impressed about the whole car besides the 1.6 petrol engine, if it wasn't for that I would give it 5 stars overall. Very good equipment level, nice to drive and comfy for our young kids in the back. But the engine is one of the worst I've come across, it is fine on the motorway but turns cruise control off automatically on hills and feels like it has very low torque. When you do change down to make progress it sounds like the engine is going to jump out and sit on your knee before it's even up to 4k RPM. It really let the car down, I should imagine that a nice diesel with plenty of torque would suit it well because it was very good besides. If you're thinking of the 1.6 petrol test drive it up some hills first, I ended up using 1st and 2nd on hills that my old Volvo flies up in 4th with no bother ! (with 150k miles on the clock). Maybe I've just got used to my 2.5 litre 5 cyl Volvo that never needs to rev high and if it does it just purrs with a deep growl ;) I'd buy one without hesitation, if it was a nice diesel or more powerful petrol.

Simon McLachlan, June 15th 2013

[117] N-Tec+ 5dr

We chose the 1.6dci in Ntec+ spec as a replacement company car. Tax bracket is great as a company car and RFL cheap if you are buying. We have had the car just over 3 months' now and covered 9000 miles. Mpg averages 50! Spec is very good. Rear camera is useful once used to it. Engine has more than enough power even when fully loaded. Boot is a good size but interior space is actually not that great given overall size of car. Handling is good but there is some body roll - overall ride Is good but we are surprised at the amount of wind noise. Interior quality seems good so far but not 100% convinced the seat fabric will wear that well. I think the new 360 spec gets part leather which may be better. Overall so far really like the car......

Guy Fairbairn, Cambs, April 15th 2013

dCi N-Tec 5dr

We had been looking for a small SUV or Crossover for several months, and were not happy with the test drives, as the vehicles were either too harsh or too slow, or both, at any price. My wife insisted that she wanted a ride that was as close to her old Peugeot 405 SRI as possible. Then we decided to test a Nissan Qashqai. Small diesels are not normally available in Peru, due to the high sulphur content in diesel fuel, so we had to settle for the 2.0 litre petrol model. The 4WD was only available with the CVT transmission, and we had an option of either 17" wheels or 18" wheels in the high-end model, which also included a panoramic glass roof and rails. After testing the model with 18" wheels over potholes, we chose the model with 17" wheels, due to its softer ride. My wife and I have taken turns driving the Qashqai for 10 months, and we are extremely pleased. Turning diameter is surprisingly tight and the car is relatively short, so it is easy to park, despite the width. Although it feels a bit bouncy over bumpy roads and at motorway speeds, by comparison to a conventional automobile, the ride is far better than what other SUVs or Crossovers can offer. The body does roll, as reported, but this is not a problem for us. Fit and finish are good for a car in this price range, the seats are comfortable, and it has loads of space to put odds and ends inside the cabin. The motor and transmission are smooth. Our only complaint is that our vehicle did not include a Bluetooth system.

Bernardo Pizarro, Lima, November 13th 2012

N-Tec 5dr 4WD CVT

I took delivery of my Qashqai on Friday and we drove from the show room to Snowdonia that day starting with 6 miles on the clock, 4 people in the car and a boot full of luggage. Although i had test driven the 1.5dci i was a little skeptical about how it would cope with the hills, however It didnt seem to have any trouble on the ascents and we were able pull along with no problems at all. I was getting 54MPG which is just shy of the stated 55.3MPG (extra urban). The car was driven around town for an hour in traffic, a long run up the M40 and A5 followed by some hilly roads in Snowdonia national park and then back again (~500 mile round trip). I'll give it another few months and submit a follow up. Despite some negative reviews relating to performance, at the end of the day the car is what it is. Its not going to win any drag racing competitions and its not going to break any land speed records, however thats not what this cars about. For the money you get a lot in terms of equipment, ride, and refinement (certainly more than the BMW i was driving previously). The radio and bluetooth were really easy to set up and the sat nav was amazingly accurate - taking us to a remote hotel in Wales and right to the door in London. The only niggle i would point out is the engine can be a little gumbly at low speeds but once you get it on the motorway its fine. I dont work for Nissan by the way and i have driven performance VW, BMW, and Mercedes cars for the last 17 years.

Chris James, Middlesex, October 1st 2012

dCi [110] N-Tec+ 5dr

Took delivery of this car nearly 3 months ago and cannot fault the ride, access, driving positon, and equipment. However, point it at a hill and prepare for a slow ride. Been back to the dealer and I was told "You're not the first customer to tell complain about that" and "Well its a small engine for a big car" That was it. No interest in taking it out for a test run - obviously because it is a known problem with this model. Sorry Nissan - your model is nearly perfect but your after sales is far from it.

John Walsh, West Yorkshire, May 29th 2012

N-Tec 5dr

Took delivery in March expecting great things from the new engine. Engine is smooth, responsive, stop/start good, one of the best small diesels i have drove however the main reason i have this car was the quoted mpg up to 60ish mpg. Well after nearly 3 months and 2500 miles mpg has crept up from 39mpg to 40mpg and that is gentle driving although mainly urban I do feel some what cheated by Nissans claims. Previous 5 Volkswagen diesels all managed well in excess of 50mpg. The Qashqai is a good car however i cannot see the mpg improving. This is the first time in nearly 25 years i have not had a VW or Audi on the drive, big mistake will be changing back asap. I might be helping the local economy by buying Nissan but at a cost! Nearly forgot 1 recall so far.

Keith Rhodes, Tyne and Wear, May 19th 2012

dCi N-Tec+ 5dr

Suspension poor, engine weak1.6 petrol, gear box mushy and seats rubbish. Oh and interior cheap. Franco Jap crap.

tony sheehan, March 4th 2012