THP Sport 2dr

What other car do you know that went from prototype to production with minimal changes? If you removed the Peugeot badge you could put a supercar margue on the bonnet and nobody would question it. It's the best looking mass market coupe by far. The RCZ drives, performs, grips and handles extremely well - the only criticism I could make is the clutch pedal is just too high which can make fast takeoffs a bit difficult. The boot is big enough to swallow my golf bag, trolley and sports bag with ease and the seats are as comfortable as any car I have owned - including a number of Saabs. Yes the back seats are really only any good for kids but we have had an adult in the back. The car has had one or two niggles but that was down to the dealership but that all changed when I swapped to a Peugeot dealer in Castleford for the servicing - amazing customer service. Fit and finish of the interior is excellent and even after 2.5 years there are no squeaks or rattles whatsoever which is more than can be said of the wife's Volkswagen Scirocco. One last criticism that causes much amusement is the voiceover on the sat nav - I think the female voiceover has a speech impediment and she is inclined to mumble - other than that, it's a car you fall in love with.

Tony Wilson, West Yorkshire, November 19th 2014

Tony Wilson, West Yorkshire, November 19th 2014

THP R 2dr

Having owned a 156GT prior to the RCZ R I can say that what Peugeot Sport have done to this car is amazing, they have really gone to town with how the car drives, sounds and handles, it's not perfect but you won't really care. The R has a Jekyll and Hyde nature, sedate when driving normally (even though you feel the car wants to be pushed) and then when you do go, just wants more, giving you a seemingly effortless amount of power and grip, this car loves corners and the ride is, for a word, quite sublime for a performance car as most are too hard and unforgiving, this really isn't bad. It isn't perfect though, and its not the ride/handling/steering/brakes, some of the design of the RCZ could be better, there are no blind spot mirrors so you have to look over your shoulder (which is a good thing anyway), the rear visibility is restricted and the rear seats, you would have problems putting your shopping on there let alone a person, but then you won't really care when you are out on the A/B roads, it isn't a family car, its a fun car and as long as you remember that, you will have fun in it. The interior is lovely, full leather and the seats are very supportive though it can take a little time getting them set up properly, even a 6 foot+ person can be comfortable in this car, fuel economy is excellent as is the Β£143.50 per annum tax bracket. The Sat Nav is dated compared to newer Peugeot's, overall a great package, just shop around for pre reg cars if you are after a barg

Tony Burns, Lancashire, June 1st 2014

THP GT 2dr

Simply put, this car is an absolute masterpiece. Beautiful inside and out and it really puts a smile on your face doing even the simplest of commutes. We have this car in GT spec which I think is a must really, given that for a little bit extra you get; very classy electric adjusting and heated sports seats, full leather dash, sports steering wheel and front/rear parking sensors. As this car is very well spec'ed you barely need to worry about the final price, however we did punt Β£150 extra for white leather seats rather than black and Β£700 for the built in sat nav/media centre package - which I think is another very classy piece of kit. However even if you don't fancy these options you wont be disappointed. I test drove both the 156bhp and the 200bhp 1.6L petrols and although the 200 obviously has the legs on the 156, neither are a slouch! The 156 we eventually bought accelerates effortlessly and the handling is brilliant. The car remains flat around the corners and the combination of grip and good responsive steering inspires confidence in the twisty country lanes. For a 2+2 coupe, practicality is pretty decent. The boot is huge and can be extended by flattening the rear seats down. The rear seats are cramped of course, in both head room and leg room. However if you only ever plan on using them as a rarity or for children - this is not an issue. Boring bit - MPG is alright. Its not class-leading but you cant really complain. Down side? Took 5 months to arrive

liam dodds, July 12th 2013

THP Sport 2dr Auto

liam dodds, July 12th 2013

THP Sport 2dr

Love at first sight as my neck was wrenched 180 degrees to check out Pug's eyeball sucker. I was on my way to test drive the Honda CRZ but never made it down the aile, the nero black, svelt temptress with double bubble had the gravational pull of an MP's back pocket sensing a brown envelope.

Julian Palmer, Kent, December 5th 2011

Julian Palmer, Kent, December 5th 2011

THP GT [200] 2dr

I have owned my RCZ for 2 months now and I have managed to work out all the plus points and negative points with the car. The good points is simply the looks and the feel of the car nobody I have spoken to believed me that my car cost as much as it did they thought it was nearly double the price of it new and I get constantly asked about it. The driving experience for me at least is brilliant just the right balance between sportiness and comfort. (can satisfy both needs when needed to). The bad points are that the rear headroom and legroom is horrible even a friend of mine who is shorter than the average teenager and is about the same width as well struggled. Make sure you do not have anything you do not want getting wet in the boot because when you open the boot all the water drains into the boot when opened whilst raining. Be careful when parking the 19 inch alloys are very prone to kerning (was at an RCZ car meet and 3/4 of us had kerned at least one alloy) my car does not do brilliantly in city driving it tends to be 34MPG but when on the motorways etc i can hit 50MPG no problem. Just depends on how smooth you are in the cities and motorways. Overall I would say best in class but remember the back seats are not really back seats and do not get the sat nav system if you live in the UK only does 5 digit post codes so it is useless. (save your money and buy a portable one)

Thomas Musson, Leicestershire, August 8th 2011

Thomas Musson, Leicestershire, August 8th 2011

THP 200 GT 2dr

Owned this car for ~6 weeks with no issues to report (not so much as a rattle which is a first for my new car purchases). 200HP engine pulls well (especially good in the higher gears so makes for an excellent motorway overtaker). Corners beautifully on back roads and am getting ~35Mpg. Still stunned how rare they are on the road for such a quality product at a reasonable price.

Gary Lappin, South Lanarkshire, May 13th 2011

Gary Lappin, South Lanarkshire, May 13th 2011

THP GT [200] 2dr

I have had this amazing piece of art (Black GT: 19" alloys, Xenon headlight, JBL Sound System, 200 BHP) for about 3 weeks now, and I am very excited about it! Just perfect in every way! Obviously, the exterior design makes it absolutely one of the most unique cars on the roads with no other match! Thanks to the smooth double bubble rear glass and CARBON FIBER roof! The dual-turbo 1.6L engine has amazing torque and acceleration power, resulting in a very very thrilling ride and great engine music! The interior is so fancy and elegant, with leather all over the cabin, and the low cocooned driving position completes the sporty feel of the car, without affecting the front seats leg and head room! The JBL sound system gives great and high quality sound, compare to other systems such as BOSE in other cars like the RX-8 and TT! The RCZ puts a smile on my face every time I look at it and start the engine! WHAT A GREAT CAR, indeed! And what a REAL-TURNER! Many nice comments in a very short time! I always thought about German cars (like the TT, Z4), but after I saw this car, I instantly fell in love and forgot all about others, especially when many of the German rivals are on the road and very few RCZs are! Well done Peugeot!

Tariq Foqaha', March 5th 2011

Tariq Foqaha', March 5th 2011

HDi GT 2dr

I bought myself a lovely RCZ last July. The car really is a stunner, I bought it mainly for its looks, it also drives reasonably well considering its based on a the 308. However I'v had a few issues with it over the past 5 months or so first of all I started smelling a burning smell on long jounrneys so immediately I took it to the Peugeot Dealership which I'd bought it from they claimed there was nothing wrong with the car, this continued so I took it back to them and they eventually replaced the clutch after having the car at the dealership for three weeks. I thought that was me back to trouble free motoring but no just before christmas my cars radio stopped working, Peugeot told me it was just the cold weather however its still not working properly and erratically changes the volume and station by its self however peugeot have refused to replace it and I am currently in an on going dispute with Peugeot UK. The Dash also has some slight rattles and overall the ownership experience has been a nightmare. Which is a real shame as the RCZ was my dream car

Aaron Thompson, Lanarkshire, February 28th 2011

HDi GT 2dr

Aaron Thompson, Lanarkshire, February 28th 2011

THP Sport 2dr

Got to agree with Mr Musson.....Boot lid dripping into boot when raining is a pain and just Kerned my Front left and am gutted !!!! 10k done on mine now....still as good as when i got it....and to come out of a little Chef to find 6 tourists off a coach trip wanting there photo taken next was rather pleasing.....Performance seems to get better and better....

andrew mclundie, February 9th 2011