ybrid 5dr Tiptronic S

The Cayenne S Hybrid seems to get mixed reviews, some of which praise it's technology and mix of performance with economy. Others don't see the point and steer you towards the diesel. I bought mine before the Diesel S was available and as a secondhand buy, the Hybrid is even more of a compelling purchase. If you haven't experienced driving on pure electric power, albeit at low speeds, this alone is reason enough to praise the Hybrid. Swapping from a first gen Cayenne Turbo with it's ferocious power and equally ferocious thirst, the Hybrid is almost as quick, but gives twice the fuel economy and is a marvel of technology I just had to own. Yes the diesel is more economical, still reasonably quick, but the people who buy the Cayenne Diesel are not true Petrolheads, they are making a decision purely based on economy and that is not why you buy a Porsche!

Andrew Thornley, West Midlands, December 26th 2013

sel [245] 5dr Tiptronic S

This is the most complete car I've ever owned. The mix of performance, handling, space, quality and 4x4 capability provides me with everything I need. Then there's the quality of the Porsche service and I'd find it hard to look anywhere else. The Cayenne is comfortable, quiet and has enough torque to move a small planet ... fantastic. The handling is quite remarkable too ... having owned the car from new for some 18 months it's a joy to get in and to drive either in town, on A roads, or on motorways ... It IS the most complete car.

Tim Ingram, July 11th 2012

sel 5dr Tiptronic S

Tim Ingram, July 11th 2012

dr

Me and my husband have just recently (4 weeks ago ) purchased the Cayenne. After previously owning a porsche and not any major problems with it and loving the caynenne we needed the space due to having a little girl, the cayenne fit the bill offering us this with the sport look and performance the sports car had to go and a more pratical one to replace it. 4 weeks on and O MY ! the prop shaft needs replacing coils and plugs Β£1500.00 not good the car has only clocked up 55,000 miles only had one previous owner and is in imaculate condition.I asked The porsche approved garage that we use why does this happen on a car with this mileage ,he told me that after ordering the part from porsche they have said that this is not uncommon it can go on a car with 5,000 miles or one with 105,000 miles so really at any point point this can happen ,it's like switching a light bulb on it works one day the next its blown . It has really took the shine off this car for me and hope that this is not the start of other thing's to come ....? I do love the car and the drive is fantasic sports perfomance on such a big car is fantastic ,great got the bigger car with the much need space and still sports car perfomance. The fuel i don't think overall is that bad not brilliant but not bad it depends i think on how it is driven. Overall i think we will just have to see if this is just a bit of bad luck i just hope it is not more problems to come.

Kelly Chapman, lancashire, September 19th 2008

dr

BOUGHT CAR 18MONTHS AGO IT HAD DONE 29 000MILES , I HAVE DONE 9000 MILES IN 18MONTHS IT HAS BEEN HELL, AFTER 4 MONTHS IT NEEDED 3 NEW TYRES,ONE TYRE TAKEN OFF HAD A HGV PATCH ,A REAL BODGE JOB. AT SAME TIME SUSPENSION MANAGEMENT BYSTEM WENT ,SUNROOF PACKED IN ,BRAKES AND DISCS HAD TO BE REPLACED;THEN NOT LONG AFTER THAT THE COILS AND PLUGS HAD TO BE CHANGED; THEN BEST OF ALL THE ENGINE DEVELOPED A TICKING NOISE WHICH WAS VALVE AND PISTON PROBLEM,WHICH WAS A COMPLETE ENGINE REPLACEMENT WHICH WAS Β£9000 PORSCHE CUSTOMER SERVICE WANTED ME TO PAY HALF. CAR NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE , MAIN DEALER I BOUGHT FROM NOT INTERESTED ,UNLESS YOU LIKE THROWING MONEY AWAY DONT TOUCH THIS CAR

alan andrews, west midlands, July 12th 2008

bo 5dr Tiptronic S

The car itself is fantastic to drive, however my issue comes with the level or service given from Porsche (& a failed gearbox!). My turbo is now 4 1/2 years old and I have just been told that it requires a new gearbox. As it is 2 months out of its warranty I have to foot the whole Β£5000 myself. Has anyone else heard of a Porsche gearbox failing after only 4 1/2 years? The car has been well driven and not thrashed at all and I would not have expected this kind of mechanical failure from a company that is supposed to invest so heavily in its engineering. The support received from the local dealership (in UK) was extremely poor as well. All in all a very bad image has been painted by Porsche on this one.

Mike Dobson, July 8th 2008

bo S 5dr Tiptronic S

I have owned the Turbo S for just over a year and it without doubt the most practical and fastest 4x4 by far.. all those that are moaning about the cost of tyres, fuel, services and the review that wished they had purchaed the range rover sport, obviously could not afford to buy this car in the first place..this car is totally amazing. A range rover is like driving in your grandads arm chair compared to the the Porsche. This is a real mans' supercar. Its a car that makes 'YOU' feel good, not a car that looks good to everyone else, can only fit people in the back with no legs and does nothing for the driver ie DB9, jag etc. If you can afford to buy and run this car it is a dream.. if you cant - stay away

colin Burdle, hampshire, June 28th 2008

dr

I bought my cayenne in December 2006.It was 3 years old.I enjoy driving it very much ,it is comfortable on long journeys although it is expensive for fuel I allowed for this when I decided on buying a 4x4.The shock came when after six months of ownership I needed 4 new tyres and then wheel alignement,which cost about Β£1,000.00.Service which was supposed to be around Β£600.was estimated at Β£2500. Because I needed brake discs and pads new coils and plugs.Then an MOT and was made aware that the front suspension joints needed replacing ,So back to the garage again.I keep getting warning lights up about the faulty suspension but they go out and until they stay on the garage cannot do anything about it I have taken out another years warranty just in case anything major goes wrong.

Susan Barnett, February 11th 2008

dr

I have owned the cayenne 4.5s for three years now. I love the car, never had any faults. Its quick and a head turner bad points running cost when I bought the car in 2004 to fill the car cost Β£65 and now 2008 it cast me Β£96 had brakes disc and pads change Β£1400 Last service cost me Β£2500 they found a few faults which needed new parts. boot straps, new plugs, reserve belt, and 60 mile service I am currently waiting for my new car which is due in march, rang rover sport. hope the running cost are better thanks phil

phil cheung, LANCS, January 22nd 2008

bo 5dr Tiptronic S

An awesome machine. I've had my Cayenne Turbo now for nearly two years and it's the best car I've ever had. Expect high running costs. Ok, it drinks, but what else would you expect? Many people wouldn't expect the tyres to only last approx. 10,000 miles. I've had the Perellis it comes with and Michelin Diamaris. The Michelin's are much the better of the two. Servicing is every 20K miles or 2 years whichever comes sooner and the price is relatively inexpensive (approx. Β£550 all in). Absolutely love this car, but I wish you could get longer lasting tyres!

Robert Hodges, Essex, November 20th 2007

dr

I have wanted to love this car as I am a keen Porsche owner. Sure, it does look stunning and turns heads, mostly because I'm 25, but the running costs have been insane. I'm thinking I would save myself some cash and get a Ferrari!. Last month was the 40,000-mile service - that was Β£3500 for new brakes etc. The following month, having some bulbs changed, they found a coolant leak in the engine. Out came the engine and gearbox and one month later I'm down Β£4000. My partner loves the car for the food shopping and picking up the girls for lunch, but for pound-for-pound distance, it's cheaper to run a jet! I have to say I wish I had bought a Range Rover Sport.

thomas czul, avon, November 9th 2007

bo 5dr Tiptronic S

I bought my Cayenne Turbo nearly new from Porsche Silverstone and it is now three years old and I am quite frankly at the end of my tether. The tyres need to be replaced every six months, not one, not two but all four tyres every six months and I do very low mileage! I have had continued faults with the air suspension and the engine management system has had to be completely replaced. Only after an argument with Porsche UK was this work carried out under warranty! I have keyless go that more often than not does not work and it also eats nearly as much engine oil as it does petrol. I would advise anyone to seriously think about your costs before purchasing Porsche's money maker. I have been lucky enough to have had BMWs, Mercedes and Astons previously and this car is the worst I've had. Even worse than my DB7!

Graham Campbell, September 26th 2007

I recently bought a Cayenne and shipped it over to East Africa (Ethiopia) for some serious off-road driving. So far this car has been better than I expected and made my job (Road Contractor) very enjoyable.

luciano frattolin, June 20th 2007

bo 5dr Tiptronic S

After having a Cayenne S for a satisfying and trouble free 3 years,I took delivery of the new facelift 4.8 Turbo start of april,already clocked up 3,000 miles and am very pleased with it,the new larger engine making it even smoother and faster! It must be the best handling,reliable,spacious and fastest 4x4. What more can be said.

HARRY FOX, LANCS, May 12th 2007

bo 5dr Tiptronic S

Awesome is the only word. Air ride comfort and power. Like a practical Bentley. I've had two Range Rovers, but compared to this they behaved like a boat on corners. Third Porsche owned in our family so we've cracked the service issue by now: great independent Porsche specialist with Β£50 per hour rates. You've tried the rest, now buy the best: Cayenne Turbo. What else is there?

John Farmer, Oxon, March 12th 2007

I am very disappointed with the Porsche 4x4; test drive one yesterday and I couldn't wait to give the car back to dealer even the saleman said I can keep the car for couple hours. Firstly, the interior quality is not up to the luxury car standard, cheap dashboard material compared to my 730d (I don't like the 7 at all, that's why I test drive the Porsche), the seat is so hard and the com pack didn't do a thing for me, there is always one issue, it looks cheap, from the climate control switch to the door trim. Secondly, the ride is unbelievably hard, I don't know it's my bad luck having a faulty car or what, it's probably the worst ride than other 4x4 I have tried so far, driving through the bump or uneven surface, it's killing me, my back hurts after couple bumps. The engine is no power at all, push it hard then it will think about it, make a cup of tea then still quite slow, the poor engine has to work really hard to get some torque out. I don't think I need to talk about the running cost, it's very thirsty around town. After all these issues, the Porsche 4x4 is out. I know the badge looks good in the front but I prefer a comfortable car than showing off car. It's a pity that I like Porsche so much, probably they should stick with sports car, please don't make 4x4.

Daniel Chen, July 21st 2006

bo 5dr Tiptronic S

The headlights on my car keep smashing - I think that it is design fault, but overall the Cayenne gives an excellent drive.

Shaun Taylor, Lancashire, February 15th 2006

dr

After just taking delivery of my new Cayenne, I am very pleased. I cannot fault it and it is excellent - after just selling my BMW X5, this is better.

ddde dfefefe, January 17th 2006

What a great car. I have had the fortune of having bought 13 new cars from six different manufacturers in the last five-and-a-half years. They have included Audi, Mercedes, BMW and Land Rover. I can honestly say that the Porsche meets and exceeds all my requirements in terms of finish, performance, and presence on the road. My experience with the dealership network has been very good - everyone there has demonstrated that they are people involved with a premium product and choose to try and deliver the highest level of service. In summary, it's a great car which will make all the mundane journeys worth taking and put a smile on your face in the process.

carl lewis, January 14th 2006

dr

Being fortunate to have owned a Range Rover and my wife has a X5, the Cayenne S leaves them standing is streets ahead of both and I enjoy more than my 911.What an accolade! It is a joy to drive and never fails to please with top class reliability and service. Forget any poor reviews or VW references. With two years on and 26000 miles on the clock,it is the best car I have ever had and will replace with a turbo version.... what else can be so good and practical. You see the beauty beneath with ownership.

HARRY FOX, LANCS, December 17th 2005