My first car was a 1968 Fiat 500: 18bhp, 50mpg and top speed 60mph. The Citigo achieves 75bhp, 62mpg and 105mph. It's spacious, comfortable, well-equipped, solid and a pleasure to drive over the Cotswold Hills and along the narrow country lanes. Better looking and better value than the up! Excellent in all respects.

Christopher Richmond, Gloucestershire, January 7th 2015

MPI 75 GreenTech Elegance 5dr

I'm a driving instructor and my pupils overall,love the car. Comfort is god and I'm glad I got the leather extra. Doesn't come with a spare wheel but I got one for £50. Dark metallic blue paintwork came in at £460 but it does look good. The SE model I have is probably the best option.as far as the minuses are concerned I would say that the gearbox is weak...mine has been replaced. An annoyance has been the daytime lights have both failed no less than four times I wonder if it would have been better to have bought the VW Up even though i would have paid more. But I have to say it is the third Skoda I've owed and the Skoda dealership has been perfect for me

Peter Devonshire, Hants, January 18th 2014

MPI S 3dr

I am a driving instructor and spend many hours each day in my Citigo. As far as training vehicles go, its pretty good. Its easy to drive and my pupils like it. I'll keep this simple. Good points: Easy to manoeuvre and handle. Once it picks up speed it manages quite adequately on the motorway and has an assured and steady feel for a small car. Easily adjusted driving positions. Good visibility out the back for manoeuvres. Smooth gears although my reverse tends to stick and then clunk into gear sometimes. Bad points: If its been raining and you wind down the windows to clear the rain off, a waterfall drops down your arm from water thats collected along the roof sill. Its quite annoying and happens to me a lot. The lights are beyond useless on roads with no street lighting. Although it obviously conforms with EU standards, personally I feel the headlights are very very poor compared to my other vehicles. On dark roads in the rain, this is a real problem, even with the lights adjusted to their highest setting. Being an 'Eco' vehicle it is slow slung and hates speed humps! You have to go under 20mph for comfort. There is no way to open/close your passenger window from the drivers seat - annoying if it starts raining. Noisy clunks and clanks changing gear from underneath. Overall a good little car - but it'll be my last as there are too many things about it that annoy me but then I do spend my life in it!

Sandra Harper, Gloucesterhire, November 5th 2013

MPI S 3dr

We purchased the Citigo 1.0 S 3 door to replace an ageing C1.The Skoda is a step up in quality and design and a much better drive,great gearchange,good suspension,very smooth.I have a Mark VII Golf and i actually prefer the Citigo.The Golf has better quality materials but the Skoda doesn't embarrass itself in any dept and when you consider the price,the Citigo is extremely good value.However,it's not perfect.On the base model,you have to unlock the drivers' door to access the good sized boot.To lock the boot,you have to lock the drivers door,plain silly.Access to the rear seats isn't as easy as it should be,you have to push the rear seat forward using the handle under the front seat.Poor design.But any criticism has to be balanced with the vast amount of car you get for your money.Overall,a great purchase.

Steve McCabe, October 5th 2013

MPI S 3dr

I bought this car two months ago, my previous car a suzuki swift 1.5 was getting costly to run, the citigo sport is only £20 raod tax in the second year. While a missed the get up and go of my swift I soon got used to the citigo. The ride around town is very good and comfortable, however on the open road, road noise does intrude into the cabin.Excellent on fuel much better than my swift, while the first half on the gauge moves slower than the last half it easily gets 50+ to the gallon. Equipment in the sport is very good, my only gripe is manual wing mirrors and only one switch on the drivers door to operate the front window. I would have prefered a infotainment system built into the car as it does become a bind having to fit it to the dashboard each time you want to use it.Comes with aircon, daylight running lights, upgraded stereo, sports interior and matching mats, leather steering wheel and gear change,privacy glass on rear and back door windows,sports susspension. I decided to pay the extra for the temp spare wheel, worth it IMO. The exhaust sounds very raspy and at first you think you have a blowing exhaust.To get a good performance you have to give plenty of revs and it's the only new car I have ever had that really does take time to run in, under 1000 miles the car seems sluggish but gets better as you approach and pass 1000 miles. All'n'all I am very pleased with the car and use it purely as a commute to work car.

TONY HODGKINSON, WEST MIDLANDS, July 25th 2013

MPI Sport 5dr

We bought this car to replace an old Honda Civic. It is comfortable for the front seat passengers. Ours is the Elegance trim level with 5 doors and a 75BHP engine; which means good performance, even on the motorway and also zero road tax. Gear shift is quick, slick and smooth. The engine grumbles a bit at the lower rev range, but this is not unpleasant. It encourages you to select a high gear much earlier than perhaps you might normally. This is obviously to attain a good MPG figure. We have easily achieved 60MPG at lower speeds, and our overall figure is 54MPG because we have used the car quite a bit on the motorway. It cruises quite nicely at 70MPH. One or two slight negatives. The boot is unlined with any sort of fabric and the bare paintwork risks getting scratched (we use a blanket to mask the metalwork). The front seats are comfortable enough for shorter journeys, but are not so supportive on longer journeys for taller drivers. We purchased a full size spare tyre and extra speakers. Otherwise the car is well equipped, even having it's own portable computer/satnav/Bluetooth connectivity using a "PID" tablet (Portable Interface Device?) using Garmin technology. This can be removed for added security. Build quality is very good, I feel that this car is going to be reliable. We like it so much we bought a Superb as well!

Nicholas Steiger, Cambridgeshire, July 24th 2013