• Average MPG mpg

Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem.

TSI Elegance 5dr

I previously had a VW Golf but the boot was too small for my needs. After much research I decided on this version due to very good reviews, zero interest rate, huge boot, quality interior which I think is as good as the golf (it has golf components too!). Although I have only completed 5700 miles in 9 months, this did include two long journeys. I have been very impressed by the zippy performance, quiet engine, super-slick automatic, comfort, style and the very smart Race Blue metallic paint which has drawn lots of compliments . I am very pleased with my choice and would recommend the car unconditionally.

Kenneth Rust, Cambridgeshire, January 29th 2015

TDI CR Elegance 5dr

I bought this car only 6 weeks ago & have done 1000 miles, having owned the previous model, which was an excellent car, I thought I can' go wrong with the new model. I do realise that I have only done 1000 miles and cars are not tested for fuel economy until they have done 1800 miles, however I thought that even now I should be achieving better figures than I am currently getting, I struggle to get 48mpg, nowhere near the claimed figure of 74mpg, I am a steady driver and don't have a heavy right foot. I feel the official figures are not representative of the actual figures. I would be very interested to hear from other new Skoda owners.

Rob Hodgson, Cleveland, December 11th 2014

TDI CR SE 5dr

Good points - Fit finish excellent. Sat Nav (8 inch columbus) is very good. Seats upfront very comfortable. Lots of thoughtful touches corning fog lights,boots hook,parcel shelf can be slid behind seats.....the list goes on. Quick and response engine and quiet. But it is not all good. Bad points , Rear space for 3 passengers is cramped due to limited width and height of transmission tunnel. I have 2 teenagers and one child seat we struggle !!! There is a slight annoyance of windscreen wind noise nothing too much to put you off. Sometimes depending on the light reflection the dash appears in the windscreen can get very annoying. Rear passengers have very small side storage where it is difficult to put things into. Really it is meant for 4 people. The boot is huge I would of been happy with it being smaller for better rear seat space. I have driven very carefully and best figures are 60mpg.

asif majid, November 5th 2014

TSI Elegance 5dr

I was pondering for many months between a Mk 7 Golf GT or the Octavia Elegance. I have owned Skodas before but decided last time to 'up grade' to a VW and so I bought a Polo 1.2 TSI select. This was lovely car but I had endless problems with it (electrical mainly). This and the price difference persuaded me to return to Skoda and I can honestly say that I have never been happier than with this decision. Whilst the Golf is a lovely car to drive (I had three test drives) the money difference is simply not worth it. The Octavia is superbly built. You really get the impression that you are sitting in an executive car. The controls are fabulous and well made and the info system is easy to navigate. The petrol engine feels powerful and refined (easily the equal of the Golf- though it should be being the same engine bar the ACT on the VW). Fuel economy is good, although I do drive conservatively. The ride is superb, although some may prefer the 16" wheels for a slightly more comfortble ride. Nevertheless, the ride was not that much notiicably different to that of the Golf. If you have the money, buy this car! Yes the Golf is good too but then look at the price and it is a no brainer. Unless you are a badge snob, this is the car for you. Utterly brilliant!

Jon Cantrill, February 10th 2014

TDI CR Elegance 5dr

Six months in this car is a revelation. It is spacious, very comfortable, has immense stowage capacity and is pretty frugal. With the Elegance specification it is fully equipped with intuitive Sat Nav and a variety of infotainment choices. The 1.6 TDI with DSG is a good choice and over six months has returned 58 M.P.G. The quality of internal build amazes passengers, whose comment is invariably this cannot be a Skoda......It must be an Audi/BMW/Mercedes. I opted for the Topaz Brown which has been a real head turner. This is my 33rd car and it has had more positive comments than all of the rest combined. Looking for negatives is churlish and all I could come up with was that the seats were too warm in the hot summer. Perhaps I expected better MPG but in fairness most of my 3,000 miles travel has been around town.It could have a bigger petrol tank to increase range beyond 550 miles, but seriously that is clutching at straws. As a regular Mercedes E Class owner, I would put this Octavia in the same league. It is truly a peach of a car and if I was changing tomorrow I would not even consider anything else. My wife's passenger view is equally glowing. The Skoda Octavia is so good it deserves its stablemates name "Superb".

Robert Dixon, TYNE AND WEAR, December 20th 2013

TDI CR SE 5dr

I would concur with Andy’s comments regarding fuel economy – although when cruising at around 70 mph I’m averaging 60~65 mpg. And the with road tax at Β£30 running costs are pretty good. It takes some getting used to to drive at first. My wife and I both kangarooed out of the dealers with vehicles we tried out, and I stalled it a lot in the early days. [I've owned and driven a variety of cars in the past; used to hire them with work, so I'm no novice] The trouble is that the car is unreliable: spurious warning signals for which no cause can be found, but 2 hours interrogation of the EMS and a reset cost Β£70. Stuttering to a halt on the hottest day of the year looked like overheating to me – but the computer later says β€˜no’ and in fact has no record of any problem. It’s nothing to do with the air con, because that packed in a while ago - Β£500 quoted for fitting a replacement pump – so like a taxi driver I spoke to in a similar situation I’ve not bothered. The car’s currently in dock to have the ERV replaced – again, not uncommon, I’m told. Part of the expense is that it’s not an easy car to work on, with a host of time-consuming parts to remove to access anything. So while the car might seem good on paper, and a new model appear 5* to testers, at 4 years old and with a mere 25k on the clock it’s rather a disappointment. Time will tell if newer models are more reliable.

Steve Milner, Tyne & Wear, December 17th 2013

TDI CR Elegance 5dr

Good Things - big as a Mondeo, very comfortable, huge boot, huge space in the back for kids, Elegance has all the kit you need, 1.6 TDI with DSG is more than adequate for people like me, sat nav and infotainment system works well, drives well (I'm not a boy racer), well put togther, dash is logical, dual climate is simple and effective.....so many positives. It's so, so easy to get on with. Bad Things - can't get near the claimed 74mph. In mitigation only 3500 miles in, so hope it improves with my light right foot. Also I appreciate few will admire the look of the car, but I think that's a positive. I don't want a car that gains attention. I want a car that does all the simple things well. In short, very, very happy with my choice, so far.

M Snow, December 16th 2013

TDI CR SE 5dr

The car is very fuel efficient but lacks a bit of power (as expected). It comes with good equipment and 0% finance deal. It’s comfortable to drive and does feel good to drive it. Now, here come the bad news. I’ve had some issue with rain water being trapped at the bottom of either side of the front door. Spoke with the dealer and it looks to be a known issue (Something wrong with the design of the door seal?). Overall a good car to drive, would still recommended it despite the water problem.

Andy Tan, UK, October 28th 2013

TDI PD Laurin + Klement 5dr

I've owned the car from new. The biggest bugbear which would put me off ever buying another Skoda is the dreaded dual-mass flywheel. Mine failed after 5 years and 55k miles. Buy second hand if the car, like mine now, is fitted with a single-mass flywheel. Apart from this an excellent car to run and deive.

Lloyd Spence, Co Fermanagh, May 6th 2013

TDI CR 170 vRS 5dr

I bought this car new and have run it for just over a year now, covering 15000 miles and I have nothing but praise for it. It is extremely well built has great performance/handling and fantastic economy. I regularly get 50 mpg although the mid-range acceleration is quite addictive. I bought through an internet broker and got a fantastic deal - Β£4k off plus interest free credit. I collected the car from a Skoda dealer in London who were excellent. I have had the car serviced at my local dealer and they are also very good. Quality wise the car is pretty good although the cost savings can be seen in some areas of the cabin - but for the money you can't beat it. I've kept the car to a fairly basic spec, the only options I picked were Race Blue metallic paint, a spare wheel and mats. On the down side I am disappointed that DAB is not even an option and I had a 20 week wait for the car. I would definitely buy from Skoda again and would certainly recommend the Octavia vRS diesel.

Ron Macey, Kent, February 18th 2012

TDI PD Elegance 5dr

I have just purchased my fourth Skoda since 2003. Two Fabias and two Octavias. The latest being a 1.9 Elegence on a 59 plate with 17K on the clock. brilliant Car, however a couple of minor moans.. They have got rid of the electrically lockable fuel cap, they have changed the way that the heated wing mirrors work, they have over complicated the heating and ventilation system with a digitally controlled system, where the previous version on the silver line was perfect. also the the key is now a big chunky thing that has several locking routines...Too complicated Mr Skoda. besides that the car is Ace. The car returned nearly 60 mpg on a 300 mile run...Confirmed by measuring fuel and dividing miles on top up.

bryan powell, staffordshire, December 19th 2011

TDI CR 170 vRS 5dr

This is the third Skoda I've now owned. Previously, I've had an Octavia Elegance, a Fabia Elegance, and now an Octavia VRS. I purchased the Octavia VRS as a replacement for my superb Fabia. The VRS fulfills all my requirements: -Great road handling -Excellent acceleration -Economy -Relatively low running costs I purchased the VRS with dark grey metallic paint, full leather interior, IPOD integration, wiper, light and reverse sensors. After having the car for 8 months and completing 16000 miles I am really pleased with the purchase. I am avg 53mpg and find as a general rule that if I drive like a normal person I am getting around 450 miles to a tank (This is without the fuel light coming on). I do a lot of motorway driving so find the car brilliant on long journeys. I have only occasionally taken the car onto country roads, where the handling comes alive. When purchasing the car I looked at the BMW 320D and the Insignia. I concluded that the BMW was going to be very costly and would not come with the same kit level without spending 8k more than the Octavia. The Insignia looked good, but the Engine was lacking the grunt and the economy was poor. Would highly recommend

Dominic Kuryliw, West Yorkshire, July 12th 2011

TSI Elegance 5dr

The 2nd Octavia I've had this being the latest generation version. Good stuff - equipment, build quality, drive, DSG gearbox. Can't really fault anything in the way the car's been put together - especially after my last car (Mazda 6), which it beats in all departments. Stereo (Columbus) is excellent and the SatNav bit of it works really well too. Climate control is fast, though a bit noisy initially. Useful stuff like shopping hooks in the boot remain too. The only thing I've yet to get to grips with is the seating position - although there are lots of adjustments, I just can't find the sweet spot yet. I had no problems with the older (2005) version I had, so I guess I'll get there in the end.

Paul Webb, May 20th 2011

T FSI vRS 5dr

Had my race blue DSG petrol VRS for just over 1 year now. Previously had a new Audi A6 and prior to that a Jaguar. I had a nasty accident and as a result can't work any more and need an automatic car. I couldn't afford/ foil paying fancy prices anymore so did an unbelieable number of hours of research on what to buy next. I finally went for a test drive in an Octavia and can't tell you how much I loved it and had to have one. The car is equally as good as my previous cars, it is comfortable extremly smooth, the engine and gearbox are absolutely out of this world. the car is spacious, practical and soooo fast. I've never had a minutes trouble with it and just paid upfront Β£299 to cover two years servicing, my previous cars cost more than that for one year. YES I love this car. Only slight downside is 29 mpg around town but can get 44mpg on a run, but I knew that when I bought it, I only now do around 5000 miles per year so it doesn't matter that much. Β£265 fully comp. insurance.

stephen beal, west yorks, May 7th 2011

SDi LX 5dr

this is the first skoda i have owned and i have to say i love it to bits. its easily the best car i have ever owned. its very nice to drive comfortable and very good looking. mine is 1999 lx sdi version and it does nearly 60mpg its fantasic. yeah i know its the non turbo version and people say it has no grunt, but it has more than enough. it pulls great on motorways. mine is an ex private hire car with 257,000 on the clock and it still drives fantastic, the only downside i would say is that its a little basic inside but overall its a fab car to own and run. im 23 and the insurance is extremely reasonable, its actually cheaper than the 1.4rt clio i used to own. the only thing ive had to replace on it are the battery,tyres and the cambelt, thats it, its the most relable car ive ever owned. i would definately buy another and then another after that!!. overall if you want a fantastically relaible and cheap to run car, this is it!!!!!

David Sewell, kent, March 16th 2011

T FSI vRS 5dr

I have owned this car from new since May 2010. During that period it has been at the dealership for repairs for a total of 9 weeks (1 week for every 5 weeks I have had the car). The issue is purely one of the poor quality of the build on the particular car I have. I have been plagued with persistent and loud rattles from all four corners of the car. I have had problems with the rear seat staying locked in position. I have had vents replaced in the dashboard because they creaked like a rusty gate. I have had a major water leak under the dashboard which created unbelievable condensation dripping off all the windows in great amounts. I have had the drivers door pull come away from the door when I pulled the door closed. And now I have a new, louder and more persistent rattle from the front passenger foot-well. I am simply broken hearted...the car is great to drive, properly fast and handles well. I researched this purchase for weeks before giving Skoda my order on the basis of their reputation and my faith in the car has been completely shattered. The dealership have been great (Hughes) but they can only keep fixing it when it goes wrong...they can't turn back time to have it built properly in the first place. I hope anyone who does buy one has better luck than I have had because it ought to be a great car.

Matt Nicholson, March 14th 2011

TSI Elegance 5dr

We took delivery of the new car on March 1st 2011 and after having a Skoda tow hitch fitted paid Β£14300. I bought a single axle sheeo trailer and after 1700 miles achieved 41 mpg. I like the Cruise Control and general layout of the dashboard. The Media system and central armrest console. We had imitation wood fitted and had a rear boot mat, floor mats and protective door sills fitted and extra front mud flaps. All this is included in the price above. The reverse parking sensors and quietness of the petrol engine are a big improvement on my last diesel Octavia. We like the Rosso Brunello and get comments from admirers on the colour. I recommend the Skoda. Its not a Jap or a German car but designed and built by our Czech friends. I understand that a new Octavia is due to come out in a couple of years and understand that it will be wider and ? longer ? More like the Suberb ? No NO - please don't change the basic size of the current Skoda - Its big enough - Listed as a "Small Family car" is a misnomer - It quite big enough for a family of 4 with an enormous boot and the 1.4 TSI is a man enough engine for my trailer and load. Highly recommended.

Giles Wynne, December 19th 2010