Vauxhall Ampera Hatchback Owner reviews

itiv 5dr Auto

As a post script to my earlier review, written quite a few months back, this continues to be an excellent car. I've read the WhatCar review, which only gives it 3 stars on the basis of residual values and rear visibility. This is a very old fashioned way to review a very modern car. As it costs next to nothing to run, you have to weigh this up with the depreciation costs. I'm saving £500 a month on fuel compared to my previous Audi A5. Also it has a rear camera, which is excellent.Some motor journalists (most of whom live near or in London)cant quite believe that a humble Vauxhall could be a lot better than a BMW. Think again. Add another star.

John Bevan, Devon, March 1st 2014

ctron 5dr Auto

I got the Ampera as a company car - it makes sense - you only pay 5% tax, and with a fuel card, the package only costs me £100 a month and I do a lot of miles. So money plusses aside, I can report that it's very comfortable, ultra quiet, practical and has some nice features. Of particular note is the sport button. Press it, and you will drain the battery after ten miles, but the sheer uninterupted surge of power is truly impressive. On the downside, there have been a few niggles but nothing major so far (the charging door keeps sticking requiring ..er.. manual intervention). But overall I love this car. Bravo GM!

John Bevan, Devon, April 21st 2013