Sportshift

It is absolutely gorgeous. People often stop me and comment about it, its a magical thing to own - it mkaes you feel good evertime you step inside. the acceleraton and handling are surperb, the noise awsome, it has balance and poise. after 12 months and 10k miles - the sat nav is total rubbish, the seats not as good as BMW do, the dash is not backlit,there is an engine issue with the cam belt, some condensation insdie the lights but.. the design inside and out is stunning, the seating position excellent, the hifi great, the detailing and workmanship out of this world.

Metal Head, December 25th 2008

[420]

Bought this after I got rid of the awful Gallardo Coupe, with it's Audi centre console. This car is in a totally different class, with which others simply cant compete. Beautiful from the outside and simply refined on the inside. The noise this things makes is breathtaking, and I have to agree with a previous reviewer in that you do smile every time you step into it. Corners like its on rails and power is plentiful.

Petrol Head, August 11th 2008

I waited a long time to final get this car, the dealer made more mistakes than I care to remember and there were the inevitable niggles such as the phone never reading the sim card (don't buy it) and the braking in of the clutch and gear box. I confess to stalling the car all the time at first but then friends who also drove it didn't stall once, so maybe it was a bit of me as well..... The visibility is bad to the rear quarters and you can't open the boot if it's rained as it drains into the car but despite all that I wouldn't drive another car it holds the road brilliantly and although many complain about the speed it goes plenty fast. Plus it sounds like a dream and people let you out of junctions. I smile every single time I get in. I have never done that with a car before. My wife drives a 911 and it does everything right but is dull, not to mention no one likes you and will never let you out.

Warren Hall, June 4th 2008

Well, my Dec 06 AMV8 Vantage is a total dog! It cuts out frequently (11 times so far...) which is great fun at speeds plod would frown upon, resulting in no brakes and no steering. The fly-off hand-brake flew off in my hand. The tracker has a mind of its own and keeps telling me the car is stolen. The boot leaks rainwater. The sound system only works on the left channel. The TMC function on the radio/sat-nav does not work. There is a rip in the body shell hidden behind the LHS light cluster. The microphone on the rip-off telephone option is lousy (but now working after warranty rework). The gearbox is a nightmare and has been reworked under waranty with a lower viscosity oil plus a different linkage (apparently). It's a beautiful car but a total dog. Aston's response has been lousy. Buy one and regret it.

Kevin Parker, August 15th 2007

Sportshift

This car surpasses my expectations on quality, appearance and the experience of driving both in the city and on the highway. The workmanship cannot be equalled in the USA. The seats seem to have been moulded to fit.

Donald Snyder, February 17th 2007

I love this car - the note from the V8 through the exhaust is amazing, but doesn't compare to the DB9 V12, however, which is just awesome. The interior is a very nice place to be, though visibility is sometimes dodgy at junctions. I had a Porsche 911 C4S before this and it doesn't compare - the Porsche may be a bit faster, but it has no soul and the engine sounds like you're blending some fruit in a juicer. At the end of the day, it's an Aston Marton. It's a little thirsty, but if you buy an Aston Martin and then complain about its economy, then you are an idiot - it has a 4.3-litre V8; get real. I use a diesel Range Rover every day. The Vantage is my weekend treat and what a treat it is.

philip mcundry, February 13th 2007

I waited in anticipation for the delivery of my Aston Martin V8 vantage and when it arrived I was like a ten year old at xmas.For the first month I just looked at it with complete adoration, a car of such beauty I had never seen before(some praise when I have owned most of your acclaimed supermarques previously)but then the real let down began when I started to drive it.The car had looks but no performance,it made a lot of exhaust noise but did not deliver any speed or feeling when you are behind the wheel.Alas my Aston is no more,I found the beauty but no power or soul,I have returned to the german masters who make cars to drive not to look at.

Michael Jordan, West Midlands, February 12th 2007

I took the V8 for a test drive, and it was an experience, not to mention the acknowledgement I got from the other motorists - they all slowed down to have a second look. The noise from the engine pumped up my adrenalin and I really felt I was driving a sports car. The only downside is that you struggle to see the other traffic from the passenger side when joining major roads if there is a passenger on board. I also wish the handbrake could be a button instead of a lever by the door. Overall, it was a good experience.

adesoji olowoake-shittu, lewisham, June 28th 2006

This is simply a stunning car. I borrowed one for three days from the P1 Supercar club, and loved every minute of it. The most notable aspects of this car are its stunning styling and detailing, astonishing engine noise, and great performance and handling. The Aston just begs to be thrashed, but the engine needs to be revved hard to extract decent acceleration. It can feel a bit flat at low-mid revs, unlike a Porsche 997. The most notable aspect of this car is how much positive attention it gets. Everywhere you go, it turns everyones' heads, and people universally admire and appreciate this car - a group of students said 'that car is beautiful' as they walked past. You never have any trouble being let out of side turnings in an Aston, but you would in a Porsche. I used to have a DB7, but this is completely different - it's a small, sporty little car, not a GT. It feels wired, and the controls have a reassuring heaviness - especially the clutch and gearbox. Overall, I loved this car and am very tempted to buy one. However, Β£80,000 is very expensive, even for an Aston. This is only a small car, so the price is too high.

paul scott, Hampshire, May 23rd 2006

About to take delivery, so I took an Aston Performance Driving day at Millbrook to familiarise my self with the car and it was well worth it. Gearbox and clutch are not heavy, braking does not fade in the wet, 60m from 100mph in dry and 65m from 100mph in wet. Its an absolutely fabulous car to drive, better than the DB9, so direct, stable and quite difficult to get the electronic safety features to cut in. Anyone buying one.........you must go to Millbrook to understand fully the capability of the car!

Steve Kimber, West Sussex, April 21st 2006

What a car!! Mine doesn't have squeaky brakes, although it does have a vibration at slow speed in second gear, but it is wonderful. It drives beautifully but works well around town too, it sounds like nothing on earth and its great to look at as well. I would recommend an Aston to anyone who likes to smile!!

Richard Sells, April 20th 2006

I took delivery of my Vantage on the 9th of March 2006. I have never driven a car with such poise and capability - you can approach corners at least 20-30 mph faster than any other car I have driven, including Porsches, Maseratis and Mercedes. One grumble is squeaky brakes and poor reward visibility (but why look backwards anyway?). Fuel encomony is around 19mpg overall. I would recommend an aston to anyone who likes attention.

Ian Rae, North Yorkshire, March 20th 2006