T Quattro 2dr [180]

The 2004 1.8 225hp v5 turbo quattro is really good. The insides might be a bit simple for 2014, but the driving experience is hard to describe in words. The car is responsive, fast, very fast, and just generally makes you feel like everyone else on the road is driving a wooden box. Definitely the best car I've driven so far.

Mykola Rozhok, October 11th 2014

T FSI 2dr

I upgraded from an old Audi TT 1.8t coupe to the newer TT 2.0 S-tronic coupe, and while I absolutely love the look of the first generation TT both from the outside and the interior - the drive was never really that comfortable. This was, however, overshadowed by my complete devotion to the car's exceptional look. However, changing to the newer 2.0 S-tronic is a massive difference! While the look of the new generation TT may be slightly more "mainstream" than the revolutionary look of the first generation, the drive is just a complete and utter pleasure. Don't get me wrong - I love the look of the new version as well. Mine is crisp white with dark red leather interior and stands on 18 inch black alloys. It looks gorgeous! The cabin is beautiful and oozes of quality, as do all modern Audis. I only ever had Audis and I feel that the interior is what really sets them apart from both Mercedes and BMW. Much, much nicer look & layout and the quality-sensation of the materials is vastly superior. From a driving/performance perspective, the TT is all I can ask for. I'm sure "professional" drivers will tell you a Porsche Cayman or even some BMW's handle much better, but with my driving pattern (which does not include pushing the car to its max on a track or on public roads to the danger of others), the TT is absolutely brilliant. The steering is sharp, the handling feels very controlled and the S-tronic gearbox is just a dream!

Brian Worning, September 4th 2013

TDI Quattro 2dr

Good behind the wheel and very classy. I had the 2.0 TDi and the economy was very good. No reliability issues and great performance. Service from the supplying dealer at Harold Wood was fine. Overall recommended for the younger drive, the more mature driver will fall in love with the car and then have a parting of the ways due to the day in, day out practicality of the car. Quattro was not as effective as I would have expected in the snow, but adequate. Pros: Very likeable and pretty car Superb performance/economy Driving it puts a smile on your face, it's Fun with a capital "F" Cons: Getting in out, it’s ok for the under 40’s Visibility is restricted, especially over the shoulder Rear seats are for small children only The boot isn’t big enough for my driver, but the other golf clubs fit in without having to fold the seats down Poor USB connection, couldn’t get my iphone connected and playback from a USB drive is very basic

Rick Singh, Essex, September 5th 2012

T FSI S Line 2dr [2011]

Update: after 16,500 miles I replaced the two front Bridgestone Potenza tyres (with which the car was supplied) with some (much better) Goodyear F1 Eagle Asymmetric 2's - and the wet grip is much improved

Martin Kelly, May 11th 2011

T FSI 2dr

What can I say about this car that hasn't already been said? It looks fantastic, the cabin quality is exceptional, it's surprisingly practical for a coupe (I fit a 6 foot Xmas tree in it 3 years running), and then there's the performance. It grips round corners like you wouldn't believe, and you feel that 2-litre turbocharged engine can always give you a little more - never seems to run out of power. I cannot get my head round the fact that this car is front wheel drive sometimes. It just drives so well, feels so sturdy and reassuring. The steering is a dream - light yet direct and responsive and gives you so much feedback. Fuel economy not bad (31mpg if you have a bit of fun with it) and the car is so well-balanced that if you keep on top of the tyre pressures they could last you 35000 miles like mine did. I have had so much fun in this car since owning it from new! If you are considering buying this car - do it, you will not regret it. It really is a superb little car - the best I have ever owned and the one that all future cars will be compared against.

Chris Burton, Cleveland, April 2nd 2011

T FSI 2dr

Had this car almost a year now, i bought it as an audi ex-demo, so high spec for good price!! Looks great in bright red, particularly from the front, although back seems a bit dull by comparison and 19" wheels set it off a treat!! The leather/alcantara seats are great, so supportive and feel so luxurious! The car drives like a dream, smooth, comfortable and relaxing when you want but puts the biggest smile on your face when your press the peddle on the right a little harder!! Steering is precise and gives good feedback, slick gear change and sharp brakes all make the car handle fantastically Only problem was over 'juddering' on the clutch when crawling, took it in and they couldn't find a fault but they must have tweaked something as problem disappeared!! Audi service is great as ever and even got a follow up call to check i was happy after such a small thing i was surprised, but pleasantly so!! GREAT CAR...always look forward to driving it and will continue to do so until lease runs out in 2 years and its time to change again!

Chris Newman, Surrey, January 26th 2009

TDI Quattro 2dr

Excellent car - I wasn't even looking at this car at first as I was contemplating getting a BMW coupe, but this compared to the 320d was just a much nicer car overall. I was coming from another 320 though, so thought an Audi would be a good change. Nothing to complain of as yet and I've done about 6000 miles in 3 months. Pleasure to look at and drive!

Graham Ratcliffe, Gloucestershire, January 19th 2009

T FSI 2dr

Had the TT Roadster for just over 12 months (September 2007) one of the first of the new models. Traded in a 3 year old 150bhp TT Roadster. Chalk and cheese? A truly great convertible and so much improved on the previous model mainly down to the improved ride quality and the lack of noticible "scuttle". A relaxed drivers car for cross country or motorway journey. In my opinion it's an outstanding bit of kit.

John Clark, Worcestershire, November 19th 2008

T FSI 2dr

I bought this car brand new in November 2007 and have used it for a good mix of motorway, rural and city driving, clocking up around 13000 miles. It has been sensational, absolutely nothing has gone wrong, and if you want to cruise up the motorway at around the legal speed limit listening to your ipod through the excellent standard sound system, I often easily achieve 40+ to the gallon. I would never go back to BMW after this, it makes smile every time I see it in the morning and its as gorgeous as the day I bought it.

Andrew Voisin, Devon, November 9th 2008

T FSI 2dr S Tronic

I have waited a Year and 20K miles to write this review so that it be fair, unfortunately that has given me 1 more years worth of issues. First the Good Points, it looks great and when it's not in the Garage it is great to drive. In 12 Months it has had to have new Air Bags installed, new Fuel Pump installed, new Steering Rack, the leather on the Seats is virtually ruined and has been since around 10K miles, also parts of the Body have had to be resprayed due to paintwork bubbling. To top it all Audi Customer Service has been shocking, never calling back and constantly making excuses. I should have stayed with BMW, lesson learnt.

Scott Brothers, Notts, October 13th 2008

V6 Quattro 2dr

Previously had a Mk. 1 Roadster 180 Quatro which I loved but this Mk.2 Coupe is even better. In my view the Quatro is a must for the extra roadholding available and putting the power down safely. The acceleration is tremendous making overtaking both safe and fun. Consumption is averaging around 30 mpg. but with very little town driving included. My only gripe is the lack of a spare wheel or an option to at least buy a space saver. Had to buy an extra 19" alloy and tyre to take on long journeys and they don't come cheap! A tube of gunk and compressor should be illegal. I would still highly recommend this car to any one thinking of buying one, it is well worth it for the driving pleasure alone.The looks are a bonus.

robert atkinson, Scottish Borders, September 16th 2008

T FSI Quattro TTS 2dr

Recently took delivery of the new TT,superb handling and ride,a real drivers car.Paddles for changing gear are,should average about 30mpg when run in properly.One of the worlds best drivers cars.Very comfortabe.Great exhaust sound.The TT is a very good car indeed but the TTS is something else, and even fullY loaded is under half the price of a Porche 911 with the same performace (apart from porche top speed-not governed like the TTS to 155,but where could you do 165mph anyway?.How Audi get all that power from a 4 cylider 1984cc engine driving 4 wheels is absolutely amazing but then this engine was developed fot the 24 hr Le- mans race,in the end they used the Diesel version -which won!Please rest assured I do not work for Audi (or anone else-early retired)I just know and have always loved good cars and the TTS is certainly one of those!no scuttle shake(unlike the 911 I tried) seem very solidly built.The only fault I can find is the sun visors are too short,a pair of Β£8 extentions ar a top band screen tint will rectify that.If you love driving and like a PROPER car,-BUY ONE!You will love it!,after all you only live once ! All the Best.K.H.

ken harding, cambs, September 15th 2008

TDI Quattro 2dr

Moved from 1st generation 1.8 T (180) to this new TDI Quattro - what a brilliant car. Drives very well and so much torque waiting to be unleashed. This allows for some very lazy motorway driving and very swift overtaking without changing down. Also the range between fill-ups (which used to brass me off) has increased from around 380 to 550 miles - perfect for those longer weekend trips Shame that the handbrake and so called 'armrest is the wrong side of the centre console - obviously remaining from the LHD config. Only problem so far are the gas struts supposed to hold up the boot - they don't!

R Stubbs, September 4th 2008

T FSI 2dr

Have had my TT almost a year now and its the best driving car I've owned. Performance and handling is spot on. Must agree with another owners view about sides of leather seats showing signs of wear, having only driven 5000 miles. Some annoying break squeal at times also, but that said I still love this car. Going to replace my standard 17inch alloys with 18inch turbines.

jeff greenlee, antrim, August 19th 2008

T FSI 2dr

This is the first Audi I have owned - Its great fun to drive and constantly puts a smile on my face. But I have found that it struggles to get the power down and the Electronic stability control seems to be working overtime. I now wish may be I had purchased the Quattro version with 4WD - but all the car tests did say that the 200bhp 2.0 litre turbo was the on to go for. Inside the cabin the layout is good and has an excellent feel to it - but some of the materials don’t seem to have the quality feel I had expected from Audi. The optional leather seats have started to wear on the side supports and with only 2500 miles on the clock I find this disappointing. The ipod installation option was well worth the extra money, sound quality is excellent the larger 19 inch alloys do give the car a firm ride but road holding is sure footed and precise. My conclusion is that this is a good car for the money slightly let down by some of the materials and remember the back seats are for looking at - not sitting in

Andrew Clark, North Yorkshire, August 3rd 2008

V6 Quattro 2dr S Tronic

I swapped from a BMW 330i to the Audi. Whereas the BMW certainly flew (the engine is both more powerful, economical and smoother) it really seemed more at home cruising. The Audi on the other hand with its inferior 3.2 unit just wants to go - and you will want to make it go what with the rorty exhaust and sharp handling. It's a joy to drive. I've got the S tronic gearbox which is outstanding. Before purchasing I didn't realise the box could be used in three different modes - all very useful and good fun. Zipping up and down the gears with the paddles is brilliant! I also opted for the magnetic ride suspension, because of the way the technology constantly changes the set up as you are driving. In normal mode the suspension is reasonably compliant, yet it still holds the car absolutely flat on corners. Things I like about the car? The exhaust note, gearbox, and wow factor. The interior ia also pretty cool. Things I dislike about the car? The sat nav graphics on the rolling map are poor. Also paying through the nose for certain extras. I need lumber support - only available if you specify electric seats. I wanted headlamp washers - only available if you specify expensive "active" xenon headlamps. Oh well, minor gripes really, for what is an outstanding car all round. Buy the best one you can afford. The second hand prices are likely to hold up really well as the car is so desirable, and the rising Euro will mean that new prices are likely to accelerate soon.

Jim Aitkenhead, Leics, August 2nd 2008

T FSI 2dr

what a great improvement on the old model -- fantastic to look at , and own ( ok corporate grill now but it's fine ),superb build quality no squeaks or rattles ,gr8 to drive .i can't think of a nicer car to drive around in ! Only gripe is Audi penny pinching in not fitting auto-dimming rear view mirror as standard !

malcolm franklin, lancashire, June 30th 2008

T Quattro 2dr [225]

i have owned this car for a little under a year. when i bought it i had sold my car and was in a rush to buy another, saw it and buy it. I wish i hadn't to be honest. its is the most over-rated car i have ever owned, i had a golf gti mkIV and that was very similar to drive but almost half the price. the engine doesnt sound nice or exciting it just drones on until about 6000rpm when it starts to sound good and then you have to change gear. theres no real torque before 2500rpm (when turbo kicks in). fuel wise it costs around Β£65 to fill it and does 300 miles tops, averaging about 24mpg, and i dont drive like a loony the handling is very wooden also, the steering lacks any feel as do the brakes and be careful on country roads as the first sign of a bump the car will bounce and crash around likr a tantruming child. the look of the thing is fantastic and the interior is both quality and has been copied by everyone. however the seats are uncomfortable on long jouneys and i canno get a good driving position. i am not a huge guy (6'1" 15 stone), i think its built for women! So to sum up. this car is not a driver's car, it is a car for people who want people to look at them - a posers car. It's like a pair of 6' stillettos your missis would buy - nice to look at, but no fun to actually go anywhere in! I am now selling the tt to by something which is built to drive not look at!

andrew crawley, yorkshire, June 11th 2008

TDI Quattro 2dr

As a BMW man at heart (and somebody who has always threatened to buy a Porsche when I win the lottery) I never thought I would end up buying an Audi. However, What Car? gave it five stars and from the front I have to say it looks better than any (recent) BMW. So I took the plunge. First the good stuff. It looks great inside and outside, the roof comes down in a flash and the wind deflector goes up in a flash. The turbocharged engine sounds great, too, and the lightweight six-speed manual gearbox is proving to be more fuel efficient than some other sports cars I could mention. Unfortunately I have encountered a lot of bad stuff as well. Build quality - it has needed two attempts to fix the steering rack, bolts have fallen out of the door and the leather seats are a mess after only 7000 miles. I have to disagree with some previous reviews - build quality is not that of a BMW. Also, the car is fast, but the wheels spin at lights if you so much as try to punch it a bit. The Quattro option adds weight and cost for only half a second more acceleration - not worth it! The fundamental problem is that Audi does not build on the basis of rear-wheel drive. All in all it would be back to BMW (or a Porsche for me). That is, as soon as they start building cars that look as good as the new TT (The new Z4/Z5 in 2009?).

James Strang, Scotland, May 13th 2008

T FSI 2dr

The new Audi TT coupe arrived just 2 weeks ago, after almost 5 months (which is not too bad). My previous car was a Golf V5, that I have been very happy with for 8 years. The TT is better, quicker and loads more fun. Build and finish is excellent and gives you a very special feeling in the drivers seat. Not as practical as the V5 but still able to take a weeks shopping in the boot. Overall so far it's great and the only gripe I have is the lack of a rear screen wiper, as rain water doesn't clear at lower speeds in town hampering rear visibility a bit.

Ian Hamilton, Surrey, May 8th 2008