Who is responsible for your personal information?
We may share your personal information with other organisations that may receive and process your personal information as a data controller in their own right.
What information do we collect?
In particular, we may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms, including those on our Websites.
- When you enquire about a vehicle or services we collect personal information to respond to your enquiry.
- Information contained in and records of communications between us, including e-mails, letters and text messages. We also record calls between us for training, monitoring and quality control purposes.
- Details of your visits to our Websites, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data (including the country and telephone area code where your computer is located), IP address and the resources that you access (including the pages of our Website that you view).
- We will collect information concerning your marketing preferences.
- We also collect information to enable third parties to respond to your enquiry.
We may also collect non-identifying information about your preferences in connection with our Websites, for the purposes of enhancing and personalising your experience on the Websites. We may provide our partners and our advertisers with aggregate information about Website users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information in connection with our business activities. In particular, we may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To respond to queries from you regarding services;
- To pass to third party to allow them to provide the service you have requested
- To manage and administer the relationships between you and us
- To notify you about changes to our services and to otherwise communicate with you; for example, we will use your contact details in order to respond to any queries that you submit to us
- To obtain feedback from you regarding us
In accordance with your preferences, we may also use your personal information to provide you with information about vehicles, services, promotions and offers that may be of interest to you. The section below entitled "What choices do I have?" explains how you can change whether to receive this information. Please note that, even if you choose not to receive this information, we will use your personal information to provide you with important services communications, including communications in relation to any purchases you make or vehicle support services as we have a legitimate interest and or contractual obligation to you to do this. Your personal information may also be used by us, our employees, contractors or agents, and disclosed to third parties, in order to comply with any legal obligation (including in connection with a court order), or in order to enforce or apply the terms of any agreements we have with or otherwise concerning you (including agreements between you and us (or one or more Vertu entity), or to protect our rights, property or safety or those of our customers, employees or other third parties.
With whom do we share your personal information?
In connection with the above uses of your personal information, we will share your personal information with third parties as described below.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with our business activities, including in the following circumstances:
- We may pass your personal information to third party organisations that provide services to us (including assisting us with carrying out marketing activities).
- We may pass personal information to external agencies and organisations (including the police and other law enforcement agencies) for the purpose of preventing and detecting fraud (including fraudulent transactions) and criminal activity. We may also disclose personal information to the police and other law enforcement agencies in connection with the prevention and detection of crime.
- We will pass your personal information to third party providers so that they can provide the service you have requested.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets we may disclose personal information held by us about our customers to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party (or subject to a reorganisation within our corporate group), personal information held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- We may pass your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation (including in connection with a court order), or in order to enforce or apply the terms of any agreements we have with or otherwise concerning you (including agreements between you and us or to protect our rights, property or safety or those of our customers, employees or other third parties;
- We may pass your personal information to the relevant franchise manufacturer partner relating to your vehicle. They may contact you directly regarding your vehicle and to obtain feedback and/or to provide offers.
We may share non-personal aggregate statistics (group) data about visitors to our Websites, sales and traffic patterns with members of the Vertu Group and other parties.
Protecting your personal information
Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to disclose sensitive information to you. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure; this risk is not specific to our Websites and is common across the internet. We cannot guarantee the security of your data (including your personal information) transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
What choices do I have?
If you think the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incorrect, you can request that we correct this information (including your marketing preferences) by writing to us using the details below. You can choose to stop receiving marketing emails from us by following the unsubscribe link and instructions on the respective marketing emails we send you. You can also choose to change your marketing preferences by writing to us using the details below.
Access to your personal information
The Data Protection Legislation gives you the right to access your personal information. To request access to your personal information, please contact us using the details below.
Right to be forgotten
You have the right to request that Vertu Motors Third delete your personal data in certain circumstances if you would like more information about this please contact us using the details below.
Third Party sites
Transferring your information outside of Europe
As part of the services offered to you through the Website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EEA. If we transfer your information outside of the EEA in this way, we will take steps to ensure that it is to a country with data protection laws which are at least as stringent as those in England. If you use our services while you are outside the EEA, your information may be transferred outside the EEA in order to provide you with those services.
How to contact us