Chevrolet TRAX 4x4 Owner reviews

LS 5dr

Had this car two months and covered 3000 miles. It looks great inside and out. BUT The 1.6 petrol engine with only 5 gears is USELESS. If you exceed 62 mph, expect to turn the stereo up to drown out the painful engine noise. Or expect to be late for all your appointments as you can't bear to go fast. Not sure if it's related but the mpg is nowhere near what has been advertised. 51mpg on the website. 33 mpg on the road. The car has already gone back in for examination and is going back in next week to investigate a grinding noise when making a right turn. I don't hold out much hope of resolution, however, as Chevrolet's customer service has been woeful so far. The 1.6 petrol needs a sixth gear or better soundproofing. Avoid this car.

Joe Wightman, Gwent, March 18th 2014

LS 5dr

Had the Trax 1.4T LT for over 1,000 miles now and so far am very satisfied, I have seen various reviews criticising the Trax's ride and handling but do not agree, it holds the road well on winding country roads and whilst the ride is on the firm side I don't find it a problem , fuel consumption so far has averaged around 38.5 mpg which has not been unexpected and is I feel satisfactory for a petrol 4 x 4. Acceleration is swift for a 1.4 making overtaking easy, OK you need to use the gearbox to get the best performance but I havent found it unsatifactorily buzzy at high revs. As for value for money, I achieved a decent discount of around Β£4,500 from the new list price as I purchased the vehicle an ex main dealer demo with only 350 miles on the clock which was in as new condition so the other criticism of the Trax being overpriced has not been an issue for me at least. Overall I feel the given two star rating is an unfair reflection of the reality of ownership.

Pietro Quaresima, Suffolk, November 15th 2013