Chrysler 300C Owner reviews

V6 CRD SRT Design 4dr Auto

After my brilliant 3.0CRD Touring, traded for a Srt Design saloon, with a startech chip, what a car, in black with 20" alloys it looks mean and after 3 yrs still turns heads when you drive alond road, had for 3 yrs and no issues, average with chip on mpg if you drive carefully was a staggering 45mpg, however, when you uses all the horses it drops to about 34mpg but you are showing up much more expensive german saloons in power and presence. Dealer Horsham Car Centre are brilliant great service from sales and service, really friendly and helpful. The only downside they have stopped making it, and await the new model seen in USA. Only concern they have dropped Merc engine from press releases seen, no launch date in UK yet but await with interest. Well done Chrysler

Ian Winterflood, August 29th 2011

V8 4dr Auto

Mine is a de-restricted 5.7 Touring with all the toys. Before coming to the UK, I owned a number of Hemi's in Canada and the US so I know about American cars. When we moved to the UK from Maryland, we brought our Mercury Sable wagon with us and recently decided that old Betsy ought to be retired. I happen to need a big station wagon and, I like to enjoy my driving although I only do about 5,000 miles per year. I looked at all makes and decided on this one, 9 months old, 11,000 miles on the clock, for less than HALF what the original owner paid. Which leads me to my selling point: BUY USED!!! GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY!!! Fabulous car with Ferarri performance, and yeah, it sure does turn heads.

James Baines, Norfolk, August 31st 2008

V6 CRD 4dr Auto

A good car for the price. If you want a large, statement like car, then a 300C could well be the car for you. I have had mine for a year via a leasing company in Black and with 22" wheels - 265/35/22's do the job well. 20 inch don't fill those arches. The wheels, although a bit heavier, did not affect the excellent performance of the Mercedes sourced engine, chasis and gearbox. Kick down is achieved if you bury your foot, the gear box reluctant to respond to faint pushes of the accelerator. Mid range is excellent - this car really flies along and breaking the speed limit is all too easy. Stopping is good from the big brakes. Cornering - well this car is a US car and not a UK bred car, so go in too fast and expect a lot of body roll on the standard 18" wheels. My 22's minimised that considerably. If concerned go the SRT design model - on 20" wheels but lowered and on the SRT suspension. Remember msot American's drive on straight roads, no roundabouts and few corners from state to state! I enjoyed this car. It served me and my brood well but time to move on. Don't buy new - they fall through the floor but a fabulous second hand buy. Go for a model with the 30GB music drive and newer models have the dark leather, anthracite. Mine was grey and a bit dull. Lastly the Bentley Grille turns this car into a real head turner and not expensive to have fitted. eBay sell them.

James Jewiss, Derbyshire, August 10th 2008

V8 4dr Auto

"Cabin plastics and image can't match those of German rivals." They are not trying to match them!!! CAN'T YOU COMPREHEND THAT? The car costs a fraction of similarly sized German sedans. Chrysler could easily make the cabin plastics match or exceed any rival, if you want the price to go up dramatically. It's a beautiful car made for cruising in comfort to your next destination. Nothing else compares to it for the money.

Don Dahler, April 30th 2008

V6 CRD 4dr Auto

I took delivery of my 300C CRD in early 2006 on a 55 plate. I had fallen in love with the looks of the car about 18 months previously. The only extras I ordered were the obligatory "Bentley" grill and the full satnav system. The satnav in reality is fairly poor and over priced. The suspension is acceptable on reasonable roads and can even change direction quickly with little drama. However,hit a pothole halfway through a bend and it upsets the handling badly. Sleeping policemen, unless you hit them at snails pace, will have you bouncing up and down for a few yards. Best example of the suspension frailties was when i took the car on the train to France and could not sit in it during the trip due to the roll and bounce. The engine delivers its enormous torque in what seems to be a never ending stream of UUUMPH. The thing that never ceases to amaze me is the ease with which the car can be parked and moved in tight spaces,it just shouldnt be able too. Anyway, I still love the car to bits even though most people I know call it the pimpmobile.However, if anybody knows a solution to the suspension problem please let me know. If this item is read by the propriator of a suspension specialist company who want to prove how clever they are, they can borrow my car for free !

Thomas Blair, Buckinghamshire, March 16th 2008

V8 4dr Auto

I am one of the few in the UK who run the 5.7 Hemi V8 engined 300C and simply adore how the car does it's busines. The engine is refined smooth and as economical as the pair of BMW 7 series owned previously. I find some of the interior trimming a little poor and ill designed but on a simple value for money especially in the Diesel models, this is not so much dissapointing and a factor of cost Β£ for Β£ as this car is in size and image an equal to the S class and 7 easily. Running costs and economy are par for the course and if you are worried about this before you buy? simply, don't! but if you want a truly impressive eye catching smooth refined car and not the "shrinking violet" type then the 300C range may be for you. I recently converted a friend insistant on buying an XF to go with the 300C CRD and he is delighted especially as the 300C on a back to back test got much more in admiring looks, comments and feel. If you do choose a 300C I am sure you will love it as much as increasing band of devoted owners already do. They are soulful and highly addictive

Derek McIlreavy, East Ayrshire, March 1st 2008

V6 CRD 4dr Auto

I have owned my 300C since October 2007 and it is without doubt the best car I have ever owned. Fantastic looks, fantastic performance and fantastic economy. No need to worry about residual values for the diesel version as they can go for as much 2nd hand as they are new. Mine has all the Startech toys including the Alcantara interior upgrade which completely changes the inside. You can't get a better class of car for the money! A Rare sight on the road so exclusivity is assured and at 35-40 MPG you can't go wrong!

Stefan Tapp, Hampshire, January 7th 2008

V6 CRD 4dr Auto

After three months of I can say it’s a great motor. The 3 litre diesel engine is smooth, quite and it can respond when you want it. The auto box as good as the engine Plenty of room inside and in the boot. Doesn’t like corners too much but it’s not that sort of car. If you want to do two wheels round every bend then get something else. A car to be enjoyed, with a comfortable suspension! Comments about the plasticy inside? Well maybe but its not much different to me than a lot of cars these days and far as I’m concerned no problem. There is a lot of spec for your cash and that’s what drew me, leather seats, heated seats, etc. IThe colours offered are limited but as a man speaking plenty of choice for me and I choose the silver. For me the car has its own different look, a look I like and that’s another plus. (Too many cars these days look similar) The price is as good as you can get for this beauty, I paid Β£24,600 at a dealership. Good deal shame about the dealership. There were a few problems and they dealt with them like amateurs! This experience at this dealership did put me off the car at first, but that aside the car is still good. Fuel consumption, well I have been doing about 60% motorway and the rest round town and it’s coming out at about 31 MPG as I closely monitored it out of interest After I purchased the car, I wasn’t sure if the car was too big. Well after 3 months it’s not too big for me, you get used to it. John Greenfield, Sheffield

John Greenfield, Soth Yorks, December 23rd 2007

V6 CRD 4dr Auto

I recently had a day's test drive in this car - I loved it. I was worried about the handling and the interior quality. The handling is great, yes it is a big car, but you know that before you get in it, it is very easy to drive and handles extremely well. The interior quality, in my opinion is superb, other's comment on cheap plastics, maybe they are used to more opulent surroundings, but I was more than impressed. The car I test drove had every single extra possible, most are not necessary, the two best are the startech grille and the 20" alloys, they really enhance the look of the car. Overall, I think the car is so good, I am about to order one, I also didn't see another one all day, can't say the same about the Audi A6 and the BMW 5, they are everywhere !!!

David Sparrow, Devon, December 17th 2007

V6 4dr Auto

I've only had my my 300C for a short time but am very impressed with it . Mine was bought from Olds Chrysler dealership in Yeovil, Somerset at a year old with a genuine 135 miles on the clock due to a cancelled order, so is as new. Olds - and I have no connection with them - are the best dealership I have so far come into contact with. They belong to the old fashioned courtesy school. I only wish they were closer to me. Running costs with services at 7500 miles and fuel consumption averaging 25mpg are my only gripes, but what would the equivallent BMW, JAG or Merc cost? And look at the difference in purchase price. I also have a 42-year-old MG Midget and this beast turns heads nearly as much as that does. Sod the running costs, it's cheaper by a mile than a Jag and from my test drive better. If you feel guilty about the emmissions join the Woodland trust and offset your carbon foot print that way. 'Triffic car

Robert Higgins, Isle of Anglesey, December 17th 2007

V6 4dr Auto

Love it or hate it, you would be hard pushed to find a car with the same impact - it turns heads wherever you go. The handling and ride quality is great, it's fast enough - although go lightly on the throttle or you'll spend a lot of time refilling. The equipment is more than adequate and the finish quality is acceptable. Go for a few toys: the Boston sound system is hard to beat, the full screen sat-nav is ok but fiddly and I've yet to find any way to download updates or pick up speed camera locations so buy a Tom Tom.

Barry Thomas, Surrey, September 27th 2007

V6 4dr Auto

I hired this car in Canada on two occasions for two weeks and each time I was delighted with it. It is big but you soon get used to the size and it drives very well. Even around town I had no problem with the car and parking was easy, unless you have only ever driven a Micra or a Mini. It has presence and is a lovely quiet cruiser. It was nice to drive something that is not a boring Euro-wagon or Japanese toy car. I would buy the diesel in the UK as the running costs on petrol are high.

M Quirke, Middx, July 21st 2007

V6 4dr Auto

Test drove it Friday - bought in on Wednesday. It's awesome! It has plenty of power, superb specification, a great ride and comfort, and what a looker (min is silver with the mesh grill)! Blow me down, next day the very same car is plastered all over roadside hoardings! Gizmos - you've got 'em. The driver information and management system is top class. It has mirrors that tilt down when you reverse, programmable seat settings for ease of entry/exit, doors that really 'clunk' when they shut, sunroof and air-con, loads of stuff not mentioned in reviews, or even by the 1-year old salesman at the showroom. It looks like it may be a bit thirsty, and service intervals of 7500 miles are environmentally not PC, but so be it. This is a car to give you pleasure every time you drive it. Value for money is excellent compared to other marques, but I suspect that the residual value after five years will be similar to a used condom. What the hell! Sheer indulgence on wheels. Try for yourself, but be prepared to be seduced!

Chris Ewins, Wilts, July 14th 2007

V6 CRD 4dr Auto

I have just purchased a 2006 300 crd last week, with 7k miles. In my research I drove a Mercedes S class ( 2006 old model), a couple of Mercedes CLS's ( petrol & diesel), a BMW 530D M sport, and a couple of the 300's (CRD & Hemi 5.7) Voila! the 300 CRD. expect around €8K depreciation / year and have a great looking, awsome power, state of the art diesel engine/gearbox ( as fitted to the new "S class Merc.) luxury vehicle - with a lot of fun factor thrown in. The 300's much slated ride quality was a concern for me , but having driven the S class on normal irish roads there is not such a discernable difference. ( My Toyota Amazon with air suspension is noticably better - so if you really want the best ride get a jeep!) The handling of the 300 is fine for me, as with the speed cameras and traffic one rarely gets to exploit the handling of any car these days anyway. Hey! it certainly goes where it's pointed and has loads of hi-tech stuff ( ESP)etc. The specification is right up there, with a great audio, heated memory seats, xenon lamps ( self levelling!), parktronic, fold down split rear seats, rain sensing wipers, tiptronic gear shift. etc. etc. To most onlookers, it's better than a Bentley ( I got the grille installed by the dealer) To conclude - everyone I've met this week has confirmed, this car is the new "Dogs B**locks",

Declan Coghlan, April 13th 2007

V6 CRD 4dr Auto

What can I say? I took a 300C diesel out for a test drive today, and have been hugely impressed. Its probably the best car I have ever driven, and despite not really looking to change cars at the moment, this one has really got me thinking. First of all - driving the car. The ride is extremely comfortable (certainly on the standard alloys fitted to the test car), and seemingly it can handle too - if I decide that I might well buy one I will take it on a longer test drive to find out. The brakes are impressively solid and responsive, and the steering seems very direct. The engine is really quiet and the power delivery is brilliantly smooth. I'm used to 4 cylinder turbodiesels, and this was a true revelation. I've never driven a Mercedes or a BMW so I can't comment on how the Chrysler compares to them, but I can't see them being worth another ten to fifteen thousand pounds. Less impressive is the boot space. It's quite roomy but those big wheelarches cut down on usable space a bit too much for my liking. Not enough to put me off though. The standard level of equipment is superb. I suppose the proof of how much I like this car will be whether or not I choose to buy one. At the moment, I'm not sure, but we shall see. I expected to come away thinking it's ok but nothing special - the reality is very different. I could have been tempted to place a deposit today for March delivery! I will update with a new report if I do buy one!

Fredrik Rich, West Yorkshire, January 13th 2007

V8 4dr Auto

Well being a 911 driver for just about 10 years I needed a practical car in Dubai. And I found a 1 1/2 year old one with 48.000 kms on the clock for just about Β£15.000 (no car taxes here..) Beeing used to German cards this was a big... jump.. but I have not regrettet it. The car is a dream to drive - plenty of power - great noise from the V8 when you push it. And people give the car attention. A 911 in Dubai gets less attention :-) The boot is GIGANTIC even compared to a BMW 750 iL. To be honest if money was not object i'd proberbly buy a Merc - but NEVER a BMW. They are so expensive to run in my expirence. So I think i'd actually consider even buying it from new if i had not found the 2nd hand model. (New V8 Hemi here costs Β£23.000) Petrol is not so expensive here. So running cost - well... not a lot. But i get about 14,3 liters / 100 kms which is very good, since I'm not easy on the pedal. On the downside - well - a little bit of noise when you drive compared to a Merc or BMW. But not compared to a 911 :-) And I used to say.. NEVER an american car... since they handled bad, drove like big engine attached to a bathtub filled with water, and design was - well.. hmm not great. But this car is nice - and i'd buy it again :-)

Kasper Larsen, no, January 11th 2007

V6 CRD 4dr Auto

I drove a 300C in the US when on holiday. I came back and drove my C-Class, and within a day decided to change. The dealership was very good and beat the What Car? Target Price. I bought the 300C Touring CRD - all I can say is what a car. Every time I pull up at a set of traffic lights, the car attracts attention. Mine has the Bentley-style grill and front spoiler in Silver. I also have the Luxury pack and have ordered the 20-inch alloy wheels. A Mercedes E-Class with same specification would cost you another Β£19,000. The car is smooth, fast and very comfortable. It has given good return on fuel ecomony for such a big car. Well done, Chrysler, for producing such a good car and for very good build quality.

IAN WINTERFLOOD, West Sussex, December 22nd 2006

V6 CRD 4dr Auto

Seen the big girl for the first time on TopGear. Love at first sight. Followed the launch date closely on the internet.Ordered one on the 26th of Nov 2005.Blue,with up-graded sound system {for the two young fellows },electric sun-roof {for the wife},and sat-nav {for the big child}me.Arrived on the 1st of march 2006.Did not dissapoint-she is some machine.Seriously want a set of 20" chrome alloy rims but money all spent.Also need a hearing aid as rave music played on the sound system would blow your head off.A speed detector thingy would also be useful as it is very tempting to release the beast burbling underneath the bonnet.Hard to believe it's a diesel, especially the sporty noise it makes under full trottle.Anyway I'm of for another pint of milk-any excuse to go for a rake round the town in the big girl.

cyril patterson, down, November 3rd 2006

V8 4dr Auto

This is one awesome machine. I had the luxury of picking this car up from the port in Bremerhaven, Germany, and drove it back to Heidelberg, Germany, about a 5 hour drive. What an awesome experience. The 5.7 liter, Hemi Displacement engine is all it is packed up to be. Drive the 300C on the autobahn is an experience in itself. Sidebar, after about a week of driving, my caliper belt jumped off. The service department took great care of me.

Jerald Cook, October 18th 2006

V6 CRD 4dr Auto

I have just completed 3000 miles in my 300C 3.0 CRD Touring. It is an absolutely superb car. I have never driven a car that gets so much attention and comment, all of it positive. I was trading from a Merc E Class and have too admit I was a bit worried about quality and while I would admit the interior is not quite to the same standard as the Merc it all feels solid and very well built with no squeaks or rattles. The 3.0 diesel engine is simply suberb, you would never know you were driving a diesel it is so quiet and refined and even sounds a bit sporty if pushed. Fuel consumption so far has been around 32MPG. I went for the 20 inch alloys and was worried if they may ruin the ride quality....they do not and they look fantastic. Only problem is trying not to kerb them. Overall I love this car, it puts a huge smile on your face and proves you do not follow the herd. If you are in the market for this type of car, it represents huge value for money, buy it, what are you waiting for!!

Mike Huckle, October 16th 2006