e-HDi Flair 5dr ETG6

ETG gearbox - Utterly ghastly. I didn't know men could make such things. Every gear change is irksome and degenerately transformative to the driving experience. Only on a long-straight can I even start to appreciate my new car. I used a better automatic 25 years ago when I started driving a 10 year old BMW 7 series. My Hyundai coupe 20 years ago had a better auto gearbox! How can you make something that slowly lurches at 5, 10, 15, 25, and 35 miles an hour and gives you 5 poor changes and leaves you in fifth gear at 35mph!? When I floor the accelerator, it can take a second to react (lifetime on a roundabout) and the change from 4th to 5th during high acceleration leaves all passengers out of their backrests! The control is poor too, I park on a slight slope and cannot get within 2feet of the car in-front as the accelerator is so jerky on hills. Please don't buy this car with this in it. Find something else quickly. Takes a 10/10 car down to 5/10. I wish I could change this car now, but am on a 3year deal. MPG - crap. I read the brochure a fair bit and the headline 91.1mpg I realise is on a particular diesel, but nowhere, absolutely nowhere was I told to prepare for 40mpg, which is what I'm getting. Mortified, I'm quite eco, so very upset to find myself going backwards rather than forwards from my MkIV Golf TDi to this. Looks - brilliant, and external look is fantastic. I chose the flair, pearlescent white and brown trim, like most of the adverts.

Myles Hocking, March 5th 2015