e-HDi 115 Airdream Exclusive 5dr

I previously owned the last version of this car and had no issues at all. I decided to buy this car (based on previous car) and purchased a 2 month old ETG (auto) version. To start off i was quite impressed but this soon changed. Firstly i get nowhere near the MPG that Citroen claim, nor do i get anywhere near the true MPG on Whatcar (a work colleague with the same car drives motorways to work and gets just 4mpg more than me), i get between 34-36 mpg on average. I have also had major issues with the SMEG touchscreen unit. A new unit was fit and it still doesn't work properly. The satnav, radio, phone and settings all have issues. Citroen's even tried to blame my Iphone. I find the power lacking a little and gear changes not as quick as they should be. On the plus side it is lovely and comfortable (i have bad back pain), the dashboard layout is very good and the storage is excellent. I also really like the rear view camera, in fact i didn't realise how much i used it until driving a courtesy car without one. As of now i would not recommend this car but if Citroen ever manage to repair my car and the fuel issue is sorted then i would recommend without hesitation. It is by far the comfyist car i have owned and lovely to drive.

Darren Brushwood, January 26th 2015

e-HDi 115 Airdream Exclusive+ 5dr

This car has such a good feel good factor and it feels like you are driving something a lot more special than an MPV. Great mpg with over 60mpg ave for the first month. With the front passenger seat folding forward you get the extra practicality you need for DIY in a great stylish body. Good Sat Nav and I find the climate control easy to use but the media controls might be a bit slow at times. The ride is really good and while the controls are light for town driving, on the motorway everything is nicely weighted and long journeys just disappear. Even passengers comment on the high tec interior and the lightness of the cabin. It really is a great place to be!

Adrian Tayfindale, Bucks, January 25th 2014

e-HDi 115 Airdream Exclusive 5dr

I have only had this model for four days but it is more than enough to satisfy me. All these doubts about the cockpit are, quite simply, overstated. Yes it is different and yes it takes a wee bit to get used to but it is NOT difficult. I have the 1.6 eDI Exclusive + model. I had a Mondeo 140 2 litre prior to this so the decrease in power needs getting used to again. However, the pick up is excellent and the Eco setting is superb. The two screens may prove distracting for some but when you realise the important stuff is on the top screen the problem eases straight away. The steering is light and will prove no problem to anyone. One reviewer talked about sharp edges. Mine has none! So I would suggest there was something wrong with the model he hired. The massage function is excellent, not too hard and not too soft. One area that does take a bit of figuring out are the four different areas on the steering wheel. I haven't quite mastered that yet. As with the previous model, all round visibility is unbeaten. I haven't had the car long enough to rate the ownership or the MPG. However, at motorway speed it was looking very economical. Would I recommend it? One word - definitely!

Arthur Grant, Argyll, January 19th 2014

e-HDi 115 Airdream Exclusive 5dr

So very excited - picked up my 'Demonstrator Deal' from Hartwell's of Grimsby - cracking price, and a really good Sales Executive helped with the deal! I have always thought Citroen was a 'cheap & cheerful' brand - but, not any more! This new Citroen C4 Picasso (5 seat version) is a real 'Apple store in your car' - it's bristling with technology, and although i've only driven it 120-odd miles home, so far I am VERY impressed. I was worried about the negative reviews, i.e. the Climate control (air conditioning) controls were 'fiddly' as they could only be accessed through the 7" touchscreen - well, I can tell you, this is just SO EASY, what's the big deal? The Sat Nav is brilliant, warned me about congestion, offered alternative route, and even warned me that taking the alternative was 10 miles further!! Brilliant. I will post another review when I've done a few more miles.......but so far so good - in fact - Very Good!!

tony worrad, leicestershire, November 1st 2013

VTi VTR 5dr

Have just spent 2 weeks with a holiday rental for the Citroen C4. We found the car difficult to drive, and not at all intuitive. Citroen have gone for appearance over design - for example the rear passenger doors have pointy sticky out bits that make getting in and out difficult in car parks. There are far too many switches and buttons, and they are poorly laid out.# Poorly designed and poorly laid out. Small boot, poor legroom.

Andrew Smith, October 6th 2013

i 16V VTR Plus 5dr [5 Seat]

Had Grand 1.8 petrol version for 1 year Pro Space, practicality, light and airy, visibility Cons didnt have the courage to own it outside warranty: had new coil plugs, glove box lid, water pump, window winder actuator, clutch actuator, and i wasnt confident on the semi auto clutch longevity

martin lumsden, September 19th 2012

i 16V SX 5dr [5 Seat]

I bought this car from a dealer but Citroen have decided to delete the VIN number and now I have to scrap my car despite doing nothing wrong (Citroen 'claim' the car was flooded in 2009 and should have been scrapped, I have had the car thoroughly checked and nobody believes this is at all likely). Thinking of buying a second hand Citroen? Hope that Citroen don't do this to you too. (I'm told by the local police that this affects 800 cars across Europe)

Dan Saunders, May 8th 2011

HDi 16V VTR Plus 5dr [5 Seat]

I'm disappointed with this car. Yes, it's got style, space good fit & finish and the 1.6 diesel engine is good BUT in use it's poor. The controls are incredibly fiddly and I am having to take my eyes off the road a lot to find the essentials. Visibility through the small mirrors and thick drivers door pillar are poor.I can't fathom out the trip computer and radio reception is poor. Economy mode-where you can't sit in the car and listen to the radio with the engine off- is annoying. I can't get a comfortable driving position or an even temperature from the fiddly heater controls. The gearchange is notchy and I don't like the electronic handbrake. The dealer told me there's nothing wrong with the radio so I will just have to drive around listening to static interference! Sometimes the "lights on" button on the key fob works. The windscreen washer reservoir is very small so regular topping-up is necessary. I emptied it on one 100-mile drive.The handbook isn't very good, I won't keep this car long!

Jeremy Stokes, Somerset, February 22nd 2009

THP VTR Plus 5dr EGS [5 Seat]

Following on from my review of April 07, I have now had this car just about 2 years and I still like it. Even my critical hubby prefers to drive this and loves the cruise control. The car is wearing well, although I had to have a new set of tyres after 30,000 miles and when it went to the tyre fitters they loved the gadgets in the car and the fact the middle of the steering wheel stays put when you turn the wheel. I had occasion to journey from Manchester airport to East Yorks and hubby drove, being nice I let his mate sit in the front and I sat in the back. Wow! I was impressed by the leg room and the comfortable seats.. hubby still needs lessons in getting the back seats flat but I don't find it a problem. Love the big windscreen but will Citroen please fit wider sun visors as driving to work in a morning means the sun keeps sneaking under the visor. Also wider ones too! I'll definitely buy another citroen as I;m impressed with the electronic gadgets, I love doing motorway driving with cruise control (only prob now is staying awake) and I love the space in the car. not sure if I have noted down the right model allthose letters confuse me.

Amanda Ward, yorks, January 25th 2009

HDi 16V VTR Plus 5dr [5 Seat]

I went to the showroom to collect my sparkling c4 picasso and it was parked outside, I was so excited. The salesman took me over to my c4 picasso vtr+, but it had an EGS gearbox. I DIDN'T ASK FOR AN EGS GEARBOX. I quickly told the salesman as soon as I noticed and so he had a look at the documents, it clearly said that I ordered a manual but he said that he'd missed that. I also ordered the car with the optional comfort plus pack and sunroof but both of these were missing. I refused the car on the spot, as it wasn't the right car for what I had chosen. I got a full refund and went to skoda as I was interested in the octavia and I now own a lovely octavia with the right specification. Citroen need to sort themselves out and OK it maybe a one off but this should never happen, especially to a loyal customer who's been with them for many years. I don't have any interest in the company anymore.

martin kirk, manchester, December 14th 2008

HDi 16V VTR Plus 5dr [5 Seat]

Had this car since start of September and generally very pleased with it. Bought it from a non-local dealer that i found via a website that gets different dealerships to comptete with each other so got a good price. It's not a sports car by any stretch, but is comfortable, quiet, has loads of space, does nearly 600 miles to a tank, and will happily sit on the motorway at 70-80. Speed limiter is very useful in town. Gearbox takes a bit of getting used to as it sometimes is a bit slow, but I don't notice that now. I was going to get a megane scenic before i saw the reviews on this website!

ian holmes, October 28th 2008

HDi 16V Exclusive 5dr EGS [5 Seat]

I only saw this car the other day at the citroen showroom near us. I must say it's a huge improvement over the xsara picasso model due to the soft touch plastics and well layed out instruments. I loved the top of the range exclusive model they showed in the showroom in tivoli blue, the downside to the exclusive trim is it can only be purchased with the egs gearbox. I'm not sure how the gearbox will cope as the miles pile on but what I do know is that the sensodrive gearbox didn't really fair well in the c2 and c3. All in all I loved the c4 picasso and if I had the money I would purchase a 2.0 hdi exclusive in wicked red with 18' alloys but first I will read all the reviews first about that egs gearbox.

martin kirk, manchester, August 19th 2008

HDi 16V Exclusive 5dr EGS [5 Seat]

A very useful MPV. We carry a medium "dog cage" and my wifes "Buggy" in the back,(side by side).Good long distance cruiser,Comfortable seats (front). Exterior paint finish of dubious quality,(previous Picasso too.!) The auto box,using the "paddles" is good,not so good if left in "auto",it tends to hold on to the shifts too long. My wife has a issue with the electronic handbrake, this model does not have a "P" facility,so, when she has applied the handbrake,leaving it in "R",to then exit the car,( to close our gates,) on a sloping drive, has brushed the accelerator,and has inadvertently released it,allowing the car to roll forward.!! Has anybody else experienced this?,or is it just us.? It has happened to me also.!! The answer is probably to put the lever into "N",but sometimes a lapse in "concentration" could cause a accident! We have contacted the Citroen dealer,who advised us to turn the engine off before getting out,(to close the gates)!! Glad to have got that off my chest!! All in all a good family car,well thought out,and good to own.If you want a "drivers" car though, buy a BMW estate instead.!

Dennis Godfrey, North Wales, July 12th 2008

HDi 16V VTR Plus 5dr [5 Seat]

had this car now nearly 9 months and not a thing has gone wrong.the car is a gem to drive especially if you use the paddles in manual mode and is great on fuel.quite simply this is the best mpv i have ever owned,beautiful looks,good quality interior and extremly reliable.if i had to list everything i like about this car it would take weeks,if i had to state anything i disliked about it that would take a second the answer been nothing. i owned an s max before and that was apalling,the worst car i have ever owned with its pathetic 8 valve smokey 1990 s escort engine with defective flywheel problem which could nt pull a skin off a rice pud.believe me the french car is far superior contrary to what some motoring publications would have you believe.keep up the good work citroen ,with models like the c4 picasso the unreliability stigma attatched to french cars will soon be a thing of the past.

SIMON OLDROYD, June 12th 2008

HDi 16V Exclusive 5dr EGS [5 Seat]

Ive only owned this car for a month, but I very pleased with this car so far. The cabin is well put together although the hand brake takes some getting used to. The Exclusive model is full of very nice touches, such as the ambient lighting and glass roof. The hdi diesel engine linked to the ESG gearbox is great, and is good in both auto and manual. The handling is ok but you must remember your driving an MPV. Its fantastic on motorways and is a brilliant cruiser. The MPG is great for such a big car, I'm getting around 600 miles out of a tank(topped off tank)and the car is not even run in yet! The build quality is alot better than the C3 I used to own and I look forward to many happy miles ahead. I will update in a couple of months.

Andrew Scott, Lanarkshire, May 28th 2008

HDi 16V VTR Plus 5dr [5 Seat]

I never thought I would say this about a Citroen, but this is the absolute best car I have ever driven... The 1600 HDI is very smooth and has masses of power on tap. Fuel economy is never less than 47 MPG which is excellent for such a large car. Contrary to some opinions I find the EGS box a delight.. The changes both up and down are smooth and I am impressed with the little "blip" on the throttle when changing down. The quality of fit and finish is top notch, it can rival any competitor with ease. Downside? Well so far I have not really come across one but I suppose all the electronics could in the future be a cause for concern, but I suppose this will be no worse than any other modern car.. I'm glad I considered this car and would have no hesitation (at the moment) of recommending it to anyone in the market for an MPV..

Jim Langford, S.Lanarkshire, May 27th 2008

HDi 16V Exclusive 5dr EGS [5 Seat]

We have had a Picasso 2.0HDi for two-and-a-half years now, covering 33,000 miles (on the same set of tyres), and it has been totally trouble-free. The only trouble we have had was a brake light bulb blow. It returns good fuel economy and cruises the motorways brilliantly. Compared with the Mercedes A140 we had before, which was complete rubbish, this has been brilliant. My brother-in-law has even bought one now due to our recommendation.

Chris Stokes, North Yorkshire, April 18th 2008

HDi 16V Exclusive 5dr EGS [5 Seat]

I've had my C4 a month, 1,000 miles; it's the best car I've ever owned. Very comfortable, very easy to drive, very easy to use (all the seats fold up and down with an easy tweak of one hand). The thought that went into this design is amazing. Who else would take the trouble to design and engineer a removable, rechargeable torch for the boot? Or special air fresheners for the air-con? Most of my driving is short trips around and around the city, so fuel economy is not all that great at 35mpg. The egs gearchange works tirelessly, changing up and down far more often than I would manually, to get the best fuel economy. I was worried about the automatic electronic handbrake, but in practice it's great. So far, I can't really think of anything to criticise; it's a great car - and by far the best looking MPV too, in my opinion

Jonathan Spector, March 12th 2008

HDi 16V Exclusive 5dr EGS [5 Seat]

I have had this car from new only 48 hours ago and completed over 700 miles, and can say that everything works - the EGS is a dream and easy to master. The fuel economy is good at 43mpg, even at times using the right-hand pedal and, boy, does it go when asked - it's far better than the C8 2.2 HDi that I have part-exchanged. However, I did not upgrade the stereo and for the Exclusive model the stereo in the car is horrible - it has poor sound quality and only six speakers, and I suspect they're not that good quality. Overall, it's very nice to drive, but expensive to buy if you add the extras needed, even on the Exclusive model. I would recomend the following extras: leather upholstery as you get heated seats, a stereo upgrade, and bluetooth phone connections.

David Chatfield, Staffs, November 8th 2007

HDi 16V Exclusive 5dr EGS [5 Seat]

I actually write this review on behalf of my father-in-law who has recently purchased a C4 Picasso. This car is fantastic. This is a massive improvement over the previous Xsara Picasso which i have owned in the past. Citroen have thought of everything on this model, although i do think they are a bit tight on extras on lower spec cars. My father-in-law has the Exclusive version in Tivoli Blue, with a Panoramic Roof, 18 inch alloys (which are worth paying extra for!) and a hi-fi upgrade. Has covered over 2 thousand miles so far with no problems. Having owned two C5's previously, don't believe everything that the motoring press says about French cars being unreliable, these never caused any issues. Would definately recommend buying one if you are in the market for a decent MPV. This is by far the best looking one on the market.

Mark Odell, Northamptonshire, August 30th 2007