dCi 110 Ambiance 5dr 4X4

Brought this car in Feb last year, I had to go throught the options and buy a spare tyre as only came with a repair kit. Have now done 12k and no problems with rust. Driving it it good with plenty of Power throughout all the gears and get 49 to 52MPG on short runs and have seen 60MPG On the Motorways, Insurance costs are good along with the Road Tax. inside the equipment is decent all round electric windows air con, blue tooth and feels really well made apart from the drivers seat which got stuck last week. People every where have commented on it, even a neighbour has gone and brought one.

Danny Tutt, norfolk, January 1st 2015

dCi 110 Laureate 5dr

Danny Tutt, norfolk, January 1st 2015

dCi 110 Ambiance 5dr

The car that could have been great but isn't. Quality control was none existent whilst manufacturing this car. Problems with tyre fit, followed by wheel alignment, then a rattling steering wheel and now rust on every panel except the front doors. I like the driving position and general look of the car and it can be loaded up with loads of stuff so is quite practical, but then so is nearly every other car of this size. I dislike the number of faults, the fuel economy is a long way off of the listed figures I managed 43 mpg and when the wife uses it, it drops to 37 mpg. The cabin is very noisy which makes the feeble indicator repeater bleep even harder to hear. Small imperfections in the road surface cause quite fierce feedback at the steering wheel, and constantly having to correct the cars pull makes driving any distance on main roads quite uncomfortable. I wouldn't recommend this car to anyone I liked.

Clive King, August 6th 2014

dCi 110 Ambiance 5dr

Clive King, August 6th 2014

Access 5dr

My wife bought the Dacia Duster approximately 6 months ago. What is good about the Dacia Duster? 1. You get a lot of car for the price. 2. Loads of space inside, the boot is huge. 3. The gear change is very slick. The 1.5dCi, has very little get up and go. Vastly inferior to drive than the Fiat 1.6D Bravo that we also have. Though according to official figures the performance of the 2 cars should be the same. The Bravo is fun to drive, the Duster isn't. It could be that the Duster's engine is not fully run in and is very tight (only done 4500 miles). Press the accelerator but nothing happens. On hills on the motorway sometimes have to drop down to 5th when travelling at 60mph (the Bravo will accelerate in 6th uphill from 55mph despite being higher geared). Can't comment on the handling, as can't get the car to go anywhere near it's handling limit. It does roll quite a bit cornering at slow speeds. The Ambiance is the mid range model, which basically means you get the Diesel engine, electric front windows, central locking and stereo (the basic model does not have a stereo). Thats it, no other luxury's! Other attention to detail is poor, for example the buttons and heater controls are not lit when the lights are on. In the dark you cant see switches and heater controls. All you see is a huge patch of black. As a utility vehicle it's great. But if you want to enjoy your driving either go for a bigger budget or buy a better second hand car.

Nick Turpin, March 11th 2014

Nick Turpin, March 11th 2014

dCi 110 Laureate 5dr 4X4

Don't believe all you read about "The Duster" my opinion of this car is as good as it gets, it really is on the money, although its very early doors for me as I've only done 1400 miles, including one round trip journey of 400 miles,comfy it was too ! This is my 5th new car (the last 1 being a Nissan Qashqai) Never have I been asked so many times about "Where is the nearest Dealer" and questions how it drives ? Even had one guy take some photos of it, I once stopped at Jedburgh in Scotland for a break, and while having a drink in a cafe a bus pulled into the car park only for 2 people to get off and have a good browse around "Dusty." Turned a many heads too !! probably because I have yet to see another Duster being driven on the road ? although I have seen 1 in a hotel car park. I have yet to feel any vibration through any foot pedals/levers, no problems with folding seats either, I have yet to try it in 4 x 4 mode yet,until the snow arrives ? But I have seen some good videos of its off road performance on U Tube to convince me this is for me. the car has the same engine as in the Nissan Qashqai,and a Renault gearbox so no qualms there , A 4 x 4 top of the range Diesel car at appox Β£7000 less than all other rivals, surely is about time for some serious completion in the SUV/Crossover market. The 48 mpg is local shortish journeys, 52mpg on motorways displayed on the trip computer, will test this when the car is run in after 3000 + miles. Don't be put off by the badge

Frank David Bell, durham, July 1st 2013

dCi 110 Laureate 5dr 4X4

Frank David Bell, durham, July 1st 2013

Access 5dr

We test drove a diesel version but ordered a petrol 4x4 and have regretted it since taking ownership. The petrol lacks power to give any sort of rolling acceleration. Putting your foot down to overtake or join another lane of traffic doe very little other than cause other road users to slow down as the Duster struggles to get to speed. Above 2500rpm its ok but this in turn brings the fuel consumption down to a crippling 20 mpg which is truly awful. The seats and the fact they are not height adjustable is also a problem. The seats lack bolstering which makes journeys of any length tiring as you body constantly fights against the roll of the car. Being 6'2" the seat height can be dangerous when you have the need to lower the sun visor. The lack of height adjustment means i can see about 20 meters in front of me which is dangerous. Its a pity we did not have the opportunity to test a petrol 4x4 before ordering one as we would never had ordered one. We really wanted to like this car but unfortunately both of us hate it and look forward to getting rid of it.

Nick Brown, Stirlingshire, May 12th 2013