TwinAir Pop Star 5dr

My very first impression when I first drove away from the showroom was that it had an exhaust blow, I returned to the dealer to have the noise checked out and was told that they had not had another 0.9 Trekking in, so had nothing to compare the noise Too ? but was told that everything was ok with the vehicle, so drove away, if that is the case, then I am sorry Fiat but the noise inside the vehicle on acceleration is totally unacceptable, Did they forget to put some sound deadening in ?? As for the performance, the small engine performs well in what is quite a large car, but you do have to use the gearbox a lot to maintain momentum, the gear change shift light is set for maximum fuel economy, but I found that by trying to drive to the light, you had to change back down a gear as the engine couldn't maintain the speed, Other than these problems I found it to be comfortable, practical in daily use, and does what it says on the tin!. But I would not be tempted to purchase another one.

Ronald Clark, lINCOLNSHIRE, March 25th 2015

Multijet 85 Trekking 5dr

I am a huge fan of the normal Fiat 500 - I have driven quite a few in the past couple of years, and aside from the dodgey 'twin-air' engines, I think they are great. So I can understand why Fiat want to expand on the 500 range. However, the 500 L - it left me feeling somewhat puzzled. I suppose you see the 500 and you think it will be small and cute for the city. But the car itself is huge - I took my elderly grandmother shopping to Marks and Spencers in it, and she said she felt like she was in a Range Rover because of the height of the vehicle and the space inside. So I guess in terms of size, it might be a positive for many. But it still kind of drives like a city car. So a tank that feels like it belongs in the city? I guess if you already drive a standard 500 and just need that bit more space, the L is great, but otherwise, I'd be tempted to go for something like a VW Golf for similar money. The particular variant I had on this occasion (2 week hire car) was a 1.3 diesel. It was ok around town, and it was fine on the open road, but it could not deal with hills. I also had the stop-start option on the car, which is great to have, but not always as practical as one might think. My honest advice - TRY BEFORE YOU BUY!

Tom Bousfield, Essex, August 4th 2014

TwinAir Lounge 5dr

A very good car, the equipment is excellent with automatic wipers, lights and rearview mirror,Uconnect with bluetooth phone connection iphone and usb connections too can read your texts out loud and the radio and sound quality is good, finding stations and keeping them works well too. The car is very roomy, as big inside as vehicles from the next size up like Ford C max and Nissan Qashqai, it also has amazingly good visibility, which I count as a safety feature, and pleasant brakes(Smooth and progressive) Rear seats slide and recline and there is almost no tunnel in the back at all, climate control works better than most as well,it has 6 washer jets and 6 interior lights, very generous equipment which includes a double size sunroof obviously helps but the car is also very cheerful to be in and drive, quite a revelation after my last car a vw golf.

bob haynes, July 17th 2014

TwinAir Pop Star 5dr

It would get five stars but the front pillars, two on each side, create worrying blind spots. We drove the 1.6 turbo diesel multijet which has loads of power, comfy ride and great MPG. Will stick with our 1.9 turbo diesel Multipla.

Richard Hames, September 18th 2013