Fiat Sedici 4x4 Owner reviews

16V Eleganza 5dr

I have to say, I am thrilled with the car! I maybe bias, because of the ridulously cheap price I have paid compared to a brand new one which is more than twice the price! I love the styling and looks like a far more expensive SUV. I drive about 350 miles a week and find the car exceptionally comfortable to drive, I like the raised up driving position and it feels very competent on the road... The car can hold its own on the motorway, along with the best. But I do agree with other reviews, the 1.6 petrol engine when pushed does make the car sound a little "thrashy" and un-refined! The engine noise does become more apparent above 80mph, but there still does seem a lot more power there! I am achieving between 39-42mpg, which I’m impressed with. The equipment levels are impressive, I like the climate control, just setting the temperate and the car does the rest. However with the car being the top of the range model, it is a shame the stereo system does not incorporate an iPod connection or MP3 CD Player as standard. One minor area that has been of annoyance, is a very a very frustrating intermittent rattling noise coming from the left potion of the dashboard and cannot find for the life of me where it is coming from. The depreciation on new models seems to be appalling, so would recommend you look for a 1 year old second hand model from a car supermarket! I purchased mine for less than half the new price and is less than a year old with 10k on the clock.

Giles Davies, Northamptonshire, January 4th 2009

MultiJet Dynamic 5dr

I had a Fiat Sedici 1.9 Dynamic as a courtesy car for a week. It has a well laid-out cabin, gives excellent fuel economy, and is easy to drive. However, the ride was very harsh and seemed to pick up every bump and hole in the road. It was so bad my wife and I really did not like driving this car at all. The boot space is also tiny, as is the overall width of the car - we had trouble getting our three children in.

Stuart Bales, south tyneside, May 13th 2008

16V Eleganza 5dr

Owned from new It is a poorly engineered vehicle with low quality fixtures inside and cheap materials outside. Cunrrent mileage is 35000, requires two new break pads and discs. Also their is an extremely annoying rattling noise that seems to come from either the windscreen or dashboard. On top of this the car has been in the garage TWO MONTHS awaiting the arrival of gearbox parts after the bearings shattered! To add insult to injury the company offered £100 of Fiat accessesories vouchers as compensation for the inconvenience! The new gearbox is as bad as the old one as others have mentioned their is a gear change issue with first and second and also reverse gear tends to put up a fight! Other owners have also mentioned gearbox cables breaking. Overall the car does not seem to be doing well despite being driven carefully and economically the fuel consumption continues to increase dropping from about 40 when new to about 30 now. I do agree the car is comfortable (for the driver)and has a good driving position. (Driving over 300 miles a week) The car has only two good assests, its handling and cabin layout. It does not come with ESP or curtain airbags and the options list is very short. As well as fuel costs it is expensive to tax and to insure.A basic service with a fiat dealership will set you back a minimum of £300 Do not buy this vehicle if you do not have money to waste I will be getting rid of mine soon!!!

Matt Smith, March 14th 2008

16V Eleganza 5dr

This car is a spectacular small 4x4 and in Guernsey (one of the Chanal isles) it is just the correct size in our very small lanes but is still ideal to take away. The car is sligtly underpowerd in the 1.6 model for towwing or for motorway use so i would reccomend the desil model i have tried a friends and it is a lot better. I would highly recomend this car to anyone considering a small 4x4. the car has three diffrent drive systerms 4x2, 4x4 and alto i recomend alto for cold icy mornings or in the wet, 4x2 in the dry and 4x4 for snow or off roading do not change the system whilst moving as this may cause damage.

Gerald Browning, Guernsey, January 5th 2008

MultiJet Eleganza 5dr

I owned this car from May 07 to Feb 08. I reviewed it in Jun 07, when I was very happy with it. However, I felt I should update my review after using the car for 9 months. Unfortunately, two factors made me get rid of the car. 1. build quality 2.residual value. The build quality initially seemed good, but after a couple of months, problems such as an engine that would run very roughly when in queueing traffic and miss fire when accelerating began to give me doubts. Then my wife had serious problems changing gear from 2nd to third when the car was cold. I have to admit, it became incredibly stubborn, but is apparently a characteristic of the car? Secondly - value. The car is in a very niche sector of the market and as such, has dropped in value terribly. In 9 months it lost £6K in value against the list price. Luckily, I bought carefully and "only" lost £3.5K All in all, I thought Fiat had turned their act around, but they arent quite there yet. I also own a Panda and thats fine, but the Sedici has aged very quickly. - Hopefully, the new Bravo is better made? I didnt want to gamble, so bought a Toyota Auris instead!

andy tran, grampian, June 5th 2007

16V Eleganza 5dr

Despite reading rather mixed reviews, I took delivery of the Sedici 1.6 litre petrol engine in January. I have had the chance to really put it through its paces in almost all conditions and it really is a great car to drive. It's not over-noisy at speed, the handling is superb, it has plenty of pull, even with 3 passengers and luggage and drives confidently, especially on country roads in Greece (both asphalt and dirt roads)and in the mountains, a vast improvement on my previous car, a Peugeot 1.6. The driving position is comfortable and the lack of visibility due to the front columns is not really a problem. The interior plastic finish does smell noticeably in the beginning but after 2 months it gets better (or perhaps I got used to it!). Ok it's not a SUV, but it's a safe, versatile vehicle, fun to drive, nice looking, plus there aren't many around!

David Bruce, Attika, April 13th 2007

MultiJet Eleganza 5dr

I am a keen skier and wanted a car to drive to the Alpine regions of Europe once or twice a year without having to drive a truck the other 49 weeks of the year. After considering various 4x4 estates, the Sedici was chosen after a road test and a friendly and helpful service from my local Fiat dealer. So far, the fuel economy, ride, handling, comfort and practicality have been exactly what I needed or wanted. As a bonus, with the recent winter weather, the 4x4 has proved its value. The quality of fit and finish is high, the engine pulls strongly, the interior is easy to use and the controls and instruments are clear. There are a few options and features which are missing at this price range and the service intervals are short. However, overall I'm pleased with my purchase and the Sedici is pretty cool, being Japanese engineering in Italian clothes.

Andrew Walker, Middx, February 10th 2007

MultiJet Eleganza 5dr

Just took delivery of my new Fiat Sedici 4 x 4 1.9 Multijet, having had the petrol version for a number of months there is a considerable differance in performance and the multijet engine linked with a 6 speed gear box is brilliant. It has no problems with torque as there is more than enough with the 120 BHP and on long journeys is a pleasure to drive for a Soft roader. Bought from Fiat dealership in Knutsford cheshire who were great.

Mike Chriscoli, December 12th 2006