TDCi Titanium 5dr

I have had this car for 6 months now and have driven over 10500 miles in it and I am yet to get anywhere near the the suggested MPG. I regularly drive on journeys of 150mile plus and it is so comfortable and relaxing to drive. The driving position is great although there are a couple of blind spots to be aware of. The sliding doors are great as we have a 4 month old so gettting the baby in and out of the car is a doddle. Saying that the rear seatbelt seams pretty short so I have to tip the car seat forwards whilst securing the seat as the belt won't reach over the back of the seat. I have used the car a couple of times with all 7 seats occupied and people were amazed how comfortable the seats were. Going back to the fuel consumption. I have set the cruise control at 70MPH on a number of occasions whilst one one of my long journeys to see what MPG I can achieve by best drive to date is 46mpg. My parents 10yr Old VW Touran hit's 53mpg+ on these sort of journeys, so this is a little disappointing. Other than that a great car.

Ian Bond, January 24th 2014

TDCi Titanium 5dr

The Grand C-Max is an absolute pleasure to run. And drive. I have a large family and we needed a bigger car as my youngest children are disabled. So we went with the 7-seater diesel. So far to my first tank it has gotten us 170 miles and it still has way over half a tank. I do feel that the official figures were pulled out of a hat. It is a really practical car to drive and get the six of us in and out off.

Terry Coe, Cumbria, November 2nd 2013

Zetec 5dr

I have had this car a few weeks (1.6 TDCI Zetec - 62 plate). We previously owned a 2006 Ford Focus 1.6 TDCI. In most aspects the grand c max is great. Myself and the wife love it. We have a two year old daughter and another on the way, and getting the two year old in and out is so easy. The space in the vehicle is good, and the engine is very quiet and refined. It is powerful too for a 1.6. However, my main gripe is with the fuel economy. I know that most vehicles do not match up with the maufacturers claims, but the Grand C-Max is way out. It really surprised me as my old Focus was really efficient - i could easily get 60mpg out of it without trying too hard to be frugal. In the c max you will be lucky to get 50mpg on the extra urban cycle if you go above 55-60mph. For average drivers who generally drive sensibly, you can expect to achieve 45mpg on the combined cycle. If you are a bit of a hypermiler like me (google it if you are not familiar with this term) you could get towards 58mpg extra urban. Overall - love the car, but the economy claims are overblown in the extreme which is a real let down.

adam ironside, June 26th 2013

TDCi Titanium 5dr

Purchased the car last June as an eight month old Ford Direct vehicle. Overall very pleased with it. The handling and ride are excellent and it has a quality feel about it. Only two gripes, the 1.6 diesel can be hesitant on take off if you don't give it enough revs and the economy is nowhere near Fords official figures. We are averaging under 40mpg and even on a motorway journey keeping under 70mph we can't get over 45mpg. I also have a 3 year old Mondeo 2.0 diesel Estate which does a good 5 to 10 mpg better than the C Max. In hindsight I would have opted for the 2.0 diesel version of the C Max. Despite the economy I would recommend this vehicle to those with a family.

John Rostron, Lancashire, February 7th 2013

EcoBoost Titanium 5dr

Just purchase grand c max ecoboost excellent engine+ ger box better drive than old c max seem very well screwed together.Lots of gadgets some excellent design touches.Im very pleased.

Alan Gleave, Lincolnsire, October 14th 2011

TDCi Zetec 5dr

First thanks to Abs the salesman in Ford Dagenham Edgware. the New Grand Cmax provides my daily motoring, kids love it easy access thanks for the sliding doors. Very good to drive both city and motorway roads. Im very satisfied with 1.6 diesel it's excellent economy and power no need to go for 2.0 ltr. 1.6 does the job.

Bon Blancaver, March 12th 2011