Hyundai ix35 Owner reviews

CRDi Premium 5dr 2WD

I get a hire car most weeks, and have very little control of what car I am given. I have had a lot of different cars ..... This week I got an ix35, 2wd 5 door, with all the features, not sure exactly what model it is. It is absolutly the best hire car I have ever had, I have really enjoyed driving it, and even started trying to find reasons to drive it further. I live out in the Hills of North Wales, and drive into London. so it gets to see a mile or so of off-road action, 20 odd miles of country lanes, a hundred of A & B roads, moterway, and finally city streets. This is the 1st hire car I have had that has felt able to comfortable deal with all these different roads. Its easy to drive in both good daytime and wet nighttime conditions. A high seating position and uncluttered windscreen gives a great view of the road. The seating position is comfortable, and roomy. I like to sit up straight to drive, often seats are designed for people who like to almost lay down. The model I had, had plenty of great equipment, satnav, Rear parking camera, sunroof. Cup holders were pleantifull (and sadly lacking in most BMW). Only issues I had, was lack of DAB radio, and the rear parking camera being blured, a problem I could not solve by cleaning. This is the 1st hire car, I have ever fancied buying for myself.

Rick Rick, denbighshire, November 21st 2013

CRDi Premium 5dr 2WD

My previous car was a Toyota Avensis I wanted a Rav4 and also looked at the Skoda Yetti and a used X3 but as retirment was close I chose the IX35 for financial reasons, overall the car is OK, nice to drive ,build quality seems good but time will tell,as for the extras ,I have to say the Sat Nav is very poor,it has such a restricted search function and with a pale blue screen as is the rear camera,both are unreadable on a sunny day, also fails to switch on sometimes ,(The dealer has ordered a new unit) my opinion is you would be better with a cheap Tom Tom,the Bluetooth works well other than with both functions you need to have the radio switched on, the blue tooth volume is the same switch as the radio. to access the clock you have to press a button also on the radio,this gives you a momentary time flash. poor design, also we have a problem with the passenger door lock. Heater functions are good and has a first class demist function,heated seats work well. Fuel consumption is not what I expected around 42 mpg ,the drive and handling are good,cruises well on the motorway with four people in the car the 1.7 is no flyer. My general opinion is that the IX35 is a good vehicle but needs refining, perhaps it would have been better to offer less and refine what there is but for the price its OK. Would I buy another , I think not, for the extra cost the Toyota quality is far superior. I would add my local Hyundai dealer is first class,nothing has been too much trouble

rubin newton, iow, September 10th 2012

CRDi Premium 5dr [Media Pack] 2WD

This is an update to my previous review. Not I've done 6,800 miles (and therefore stopped driving it like a nun), the average fuel consumption has settled out at a disappointing 37-39mpg, which is much lower than the claimed figures. Most of my 42 mile round trip to work is on dual carriageway and I don't thrash it. The drive is very comfortable, and it does not roll much in corners. The equipment list looks fantastic in the brochure, but then you notice some basic things are missing - windows don't wipe themselved when you lower and raise them, no one shot lowering and raising of passenger and rear windows etc etc. I'd gladly sacrafice a voice activated radio for those things! I contacted Hyundai about the window issue, and was told that they "can't design the spec of a car to satisfy everybody", which I appreciate, but that finction is something so fundamental, and my 1988 E Reg Orion did it! Build quality is ok, but nothing on a par with my Octavia vRS that I had before. There are a few too many rattles and squeaks for my liking at such a low mileage. Interior seems hard wearing though. The car has been extremely reliable, no mechanical or electrical problems have occurred since I bought the car in Sept 2011. Do I like it? - yes. Would I buy another Hyundai when I change in 2-3yrs - no(for a few more years at least). Hyundai are getting there, but it's nowhere near the quality of Skoda which I would class as an equaivalent brand.

Greg Childs, Merseyside, November 3rd 2011

CRDi Premium 5dr [Media Pack] 2WD

Overall good car. 1.7 diesel feels quite punchy, as max torque delivered from 1250 RPM. Fuel consumption satisfactory at 42mpg overall. Amazing equipment levels for the price, e.g. satnav, bluetooth, heated front/rear seats, panoramic sunroof, keyless locking/starting (smartkey). Some quirks can be annoying, e.g. audio comes on every time engine is started, satnav voice and audio overlap could be better sorted, screen very reflective. Our car had a fault with the smartkey which was not quickly sorted. A good car which could be a great car if some aspects were looked at carefully by Hyundai and polished. Recommended.

Colin Ooi, July 29th 2011

Style 5dr 2WD

Having owned this car for 3 months I must say that I am delighted with it in all aspects. Moving from a saloon to a high driving position has exceeded my expectations with very little body roll. I do a long journey of 250 miles each week and step out the other end feeling fresh. The rear seats don't fold completely flat but for the occasional large loads this is not a problem. The 2WD does behave like any other FWD car in snow so if this important then go for 4WD. I pod and bluetooth excellent, steering light, economy very acceptable for a large car. Value for money this is an excellent buy especially with 20k between service intervals.

Michael Butterworth, W Yorks, March 1st 2011

CRDi Premium 5dr

I have owned an IX35 for about 10 months and in that time it has been back to the garage 6 times. The first problem was the backing sensors, then we had problems with the front door not locking and now we have problems with the back door not locking. Not only is it disappointing that it has these problems but Hyundai don't have any spares out yet so every time there is a fault we must wait for a spare part to come from Korea. The longest we have waited so far is 3 months for new backing sensors and then the new ones were faulty as well! Good car let down with small problems that leave you very frustrated!

Amanda Lloyd, February 23rd 2011