1 5dr

I owned a 2011 1.4 Diesel Venga 1 Air and have drive around 46,000 miles. I've been happy with this car on my daily commute which involves a 60/40% mix of motorway and A roads. Stop/ Start at traffic lights has been a bit fuel saver driving into a major city for work with an average MPG of 54. No major issues with the car over the three years apart from sticking electric window which was repair under warranty.

Alastair Montgomery, June 23rd 2014

Alastair Montgomery, June 23rd 2014

ISG 1 5dr

I have a 2014 1.4 diesel venga it is not bad to drive but the problem I have with it is the throttle is like pushing down on a rubber ball ,it is all wright on short runs but on long runs my leg get sore. There seems to be to much tension on the pedal but Kia says they are all like this and I tried another and it is the same very disappointing I will not be buying another Kia and would not tell someone else to buy a KIA VENGA.I have been driving for 43 years and never drove a car with a hard throttle to push down and to get it down .You would think that Kia could go into the on board computer and sort this problem out because it is wireless throttle ,I like the car but KIA says they all they can do not much help for me and my sore leg.

john mccartney, ni, June 4th 2014

john mccartney, ni, June 4th 2014

EcoDynamics 3 5dr

This is a great compact MPV. In some ways quite expensive but it is an all round car that does pretty much everything well. The 1.6 manual petrol is a good engine - quiet to drive, economical around town and yet still with enough power to cruise along on the motorway. Having owned mine for coming up to a year and having done nearly 12000 miles of mixed driving, I've found that I've averaged a fairly reasonable 39 miles or so per gallon. We chose the '3' spec as it gave some nice extras, such as half leather seats, reversing sensors, panoramic sunroof and climate control. The best thing about the car though is the amount of space it gives you in what is still a small car and this was the main reason we bought it. For comparison, the length and width is about the same as a Ford Fiesta, yet the cabin space inside is big, there's plenty of leg space in the back seats and you get a 440 litre boot (which you can make bigger still by sliding the seats forward). That's a lot of practicality from a car that's still nice and small to nip around town in and squeeze into relatively small parking spaces. And on top of all the above it comes with a 7 year warranty. We've certainly been really pleased with it.

stuart meadows, November 4th 2013

CRDi EcoDynamics 3 5dr [Sat Nav]

Update on my first review after 10 months and 14,000 very happy miles of motoring. As I'd hoped, this Kia has done everything I'd hoped. It is a comfortable commuting car, a relaxing long distance drive (especially with the cruise control), the heated seats, the great stereo, the panoramic sun roof and the great hands free blue tooth connection, to list but a few of it's great points. Add in the massive amount of space in the back - comfortably fit 3 adults in or even two child seats and an adult in between. Slide or fold the seats and you have cavernous boot space. I can get my bike in their without taking the wheels of, I've had an electric piano in the back. Driving - great visibility and handles well with very little roll in the corners for a tallish car. MPG - averaging in the mid / high 50s with a lot of stop / start commuting so happy with that. Forget the mainstream rivals - try one of these out. We test drove the smaller engine varieties as well and loved them almost as much as the 1.6 diesel. i'm looking forward to another 3 years with Venga and then hopefully I'll buy it off the lease company.

Ian Marsh, Tyne & Wear, March 31st 2013

ISG 1 5dr

I have the use of this car for an extended hire. Its given me a good chance to assess it properly. This car is around Β£16k new, which seems expensive. It has lots of equipment including a full size sunroof. Other than Sat-Nav, it has the lot plus a 7 year warranty, which is attractive to a new buyer. Its not bad looking for a small MPV and has plenty room in the cabin for 5 people. I also like the under-boot storage compartment, which fits in the space where a spare wheel might have gone. This car has a repair kit instead. That's enough of the positives. There are three major reasons why I could never buy one of these cars. 1) Considering this is a small, automatic 1.6 Petrol I'd have expected to break the 30mpg barrier, at least. Afraid not, 29mpg is the best I can do, even on a long motorway run at 70mph. This is shocking performance. One could argue that 7 years of repairs are cheaper than 7 years at 29mpg. 2) The engine and the auto-box seem to either be fighting for supremacy or not talking at all. On a hill, the car is virtually stopped before the box decides that it needs to change down. Likewise, you can reach 5,000 revs before it decides to change up. So, maybe fit for purpose, but not fit for use. 3) If I had Β£16k to spend, there is a world of nice , tried and tested used vehicles out there (Used BMW 318d, Focus, Astra etc....as an example), which will do exactly what you expect when you expect it. So, this car has some showroom appeal, but that's it. S

eddie boyle, West Lothian, January 17th 2013